[PC] Weekend Arenas

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Apr 30, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've had a number of comments from players who found it challenging to participate in Wednesday Battle Arenas, and suggested that moving some events to a weekend might work better. To further explore this idea we ran a feedback survey regarding the Arena schedule so we could get a clearer idea of the interest in a weekend event.

Responses were pretty heavily in favor of including a weekend slot, so we've established a new cycle where every 2nd event will be held on a Saturday, and lined everything up so it won't overlap with other busy events such as the Armada Wars or Raids.

The next Arena will take place Saturday, May 16th at 2:00 PM PST (this is taking the place of the May 13th Arena that would have happened otherwise)!

2. Reefer

Reefer Active Member

Nice :D It gets too difficult juggling so many things. TYVM

George Burd likes this.
  3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

thank you mi7ch and makes it even better that none of the events will roll over into eachother either think this is a good update :)

4. J Couch

J Couch New Member

Nice move -- makes it easier to participate.

5. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

would be awesome if u can put a time frame i understand the other time can u make where that u can set it up the time for the east coast as well so i can remeber when it starts Thanks if you can!!

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

LOL yeah I think it is a 4 hour difference, here in EST land, but I am never sure , I know there is a link , Mitch has which shows the time zones, but I just need the actual time lol so I am gonna say 5:00 PM EST.( took a guess)

7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

3 hour difference, and yes, this Arena will start at 5:00 pm EST.

George Burd likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Yippppeeeeee I figured it out and without that stupid converter, ( yeah Daylight savings time always messed me up )

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

KANO added server clock in settings over a year ago as well.

CaptureC.PNG

10. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

lol the clock on my wall doesnt have a 14? I am going ape crazy here

Kirsten likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your joking, but it's military time.

George Burd likes this.
  12. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

you guessed correctly

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Kirsten

I like normal 24 hour time, works better for me I can just look and know, if I have to think about what time that is , forget it,not worth my time :p

14. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

is there anyway u can start putting it like that in the schedule for us eastern time zone players...let do an example let say it could be like this 8/7 PDT..which i know the 8 will be eastern time..can u do it this way if u can Mi7ch!!

15. Kirsten

8/7 PDT is not 8Pm EST , but I do notice the start times seem to be 1:00 pm and 5:00 PM EST and it rotates, so if I am right the next one is 5:00 PM EST and the one after will be 1:00pm EST

George Burd likes this.
  16. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

10am GMT would be nice.... :)

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

In VC it goes 10am/2pm/6pm/10pm in cycles pacific time zone,
    I'd assume same before the change of weekends for all games.

Mitch can correct me if wrong, but I'm not sure how this will effect times? with the set schedule.
    "so we've established a new cycle where every 2nd event will be held on a Saturday"
    So 2 Saturday's, 2 Wednesday's?

I'm not trying to bust your bubble, just making it clearer, people are even asking me in PC about this and rarely play it.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It goes 10 am, 2 pm and then does that again. We made it so that the Arena only works through two time slots a while back.

This change will make it go weekend arena, weekday arena, weekend arena, weekday arena.

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  19. Kirsten

I was right, I think , for a change :cool: