Raid Bosses and players who only attack and don't heal

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hank Kershell, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

it is not fair when a player only attacks and never heals and always leaves it with almost no health because the other players who have to heal it have no energy left so they can attack it, we have one player a level 12000+ has done 54.8M damage and 328K in healing, and all the other players gave up playing it, KANO needs to come up with harsh penalties for players that leave bosses repeatedly with virtually no health, it is selfish and bad for the game, all that does is make players not want to play, penalize the player with energy or stamina if they do that, if they don't have any of either, take gold, and if they don't have enough of that, take empire or give them 5 or 10 deaths, something that will discourage this behavior, because it will only drive players away, everyone is fed up with it, and he is in my IC, SMH, embarrassing, but more importantly, not fair to the player whose Raid Boss it is, or the players who invest their energy and stamina

Attached Files:

Marius and George Burd like this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This situation has been brought up numerous times, healing got increased but still the same chit, privately share your raids, and join others that do the same.

LaScepter and George Burd like this.
  3. Hank Kershell

Hank Kershell Member

I do the bosses not only for the XPs but the special items after the kill, and I end up using Favor Points, until you find a solution, I will never purchase Favor Points again, period, not negotiable, it is ridiculous that
    shouldn't have to do that especially for lower level players who may not have enough powerful players they can ask, this dude ruined 3 bosses I was on, that is not an answer that works for me

Marius likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It happens, people are selfish sometimes, there is no solution to this problem, unless boot raids altogether. Which I'd LUV to see happen.............. ;)

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  5. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

I think we all know who this post is talking about and I also abandoned a Boss that he joined because he refuses to heal after himself. I have told my guild and others that I will no longer join any bosses he is in. If Kano will not penalize those players that repeatedly lower health and leave it that way, there should be some kind of disable feature where the boss owner can prevent a player from doing any additional actions on their boss, both attacks and heals. Of course, you need a boss owner that actually cares about what is going on in the boss that they started. Some only start them to get XP and have no intention of investing the time and effort to kill their own boss. They play once or twice a day, get XP and don't care about the effort wasted by those that join their boss or their frustration about lack of healing. This event has always been flawed and the continued refusal to heal by some selfish players every time a Raid Boss event starts is unacceptable.

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It happens in each game,each game has a couple of player who fit that profile,not healing,or not able to even care for their own boss, the new low level who is clueless, and even if ya only join by invite ,I cannot control who the owner invites, I sometimes join public bosses,knowing I am taking a risk,but even with the private invites, I have to ask the owner if they plan on going public or are they planning on inviting so and so, makes it a PIA.

GoddessFreyja likes this.
  7. adlib2

adlib2 New Member

I only invite responsible players to my Raid and if I'm on one that is abused I Bounty the hell out of the abuser in an effort to make them responsible. Others do the same, so perhaps this will become less of a problem.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  8. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Just a personal opinion: On Kong/AG it seems like we're not suffering the problems experienced on the larger servers, but there are some bosses which simply aren't managed well and they're not getting killed. If the boss owner doesn't get the right people to join then it's a matter of luck how things will pan out. The fact that it's possible to control who joins adds a nice dimension/challenge to the game - the fact that it's possible to get it wrong just livens up these events and leads to more and better overall gaming.

9. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Look I sympathize but the bottom line here its your Raid Boss therefore your responsiblity. If you put it out in public you risk that kind of behavior. My Raid Bosses are only shared in my Guild and with trusted people. Better planning and thought process will eliminate this issue.

10. Kirsten

Seems to me most players who have no idea how these games work, see the raids as a tool to level, which is as bad as the favorite way most like to level, with a partner, both ways are a kind of cheat, not in a TOS way but a shortcut to level and then not be strong, these games are so much more than a level game, but most don't bother to learn that, read the forum , listen to the ones who have come before, or care, until someone kills their raid, then they are OMG why does this happen. pfffft

11. ben

ben Active Member

yes it happens on all the games ... all they care bout is leveling and thats it ... ;)

12. MEGAWOLF

MEGAWOLF Member

Lol it's the idiots who like to make their bosses public and Bogdan gets in on all of them where he rotates bosses attacking all of them with no heals. POS in my books.

13. Marius

Marius Member

I'm certain there's something that can be done. Maybe make it that boss owners can freeze a player out either completely or until a fairer amount of healing is done. Or make it that from the very beginning that all players joining the boss have to do a fair share of damage and healing, even 2:1 or so? So you can never do more than double the healing actions?

14. Marius

Marius Member

And in my opinion, players like Bogdan should be banned from the raid bosses full stop.

15. Kirsten

WE have "" asked and asked""and asked again, since the very first raid boss, and all they came up with is the two kills and ya cannot attack anymore, and then the 1,000 heals and 2,000 total actions needed for a reward.

George Burd likes this.
  16. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

you want people to heal? make it simple boss health leaves green -50% xp leaves yellow 0 xp now you will have at att att att heal att att att att heal

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not sure if simple, but I like the idea.

Aapje and George Burd like this.
  18. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

I would like to see the person that summons the Raid Boss, have the option to remove any player that he does not want on his summoned Boss.

19. Dutchman

Dutchman Member

On for example I Keel You's boss....(22.Bogdan Finn 0 health), (8.Bogdan Finn 5840 actions for 21638055 dmg)....at the last minute, he will get his 1000 healings...he is rotating between bosses all the time, and if they are healed, he hits them till almost no health to get others to heal for him, and then he does the same process over and over...

20. Gearoid O'Hagan

Gearoid O'Hagan New Member

Dutch, I feel the same way about people who don't heal, however I'm not sure giving a raid boss owner the power to boot someone is the way to go....you could be replacing one form of abuse with another...for example a raid boss owner could let a viking do a lot of damage and heals and for personal reasons kick him off...maybe to allow a friend to get in if there is no space left...Your idea may work if the boss to be booted has the sort of stat divergence being discussed here, but not total free reign.