Bounty traps

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Goon Platoon, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Goon Platoon

Goon Platoon New Member

I have searched the forums for this, but came up empty. Just curious if anyone has suggested a bit of a new 'feature' for bounty traps. Let's say I attempt to place a bounty of 1,000,000,000 coins. This number doesn't really matter, but what does is the potential result(s). Allow me to continue... Let's also assume that the viking in which I'm trying to list has set a bounty trap on me. I attempt to list this viking, I die. Makes sense.
    I'd like to see a new feature added so that (in the aforementioned example) I would not only die and thereby lose a bit of experience, but also an additional penalty of some percentage of the 1,000,000,000 that I lose. Could it be 10%, 50% or all of it? Who knows really, nor do I have a suggestion really.

Just curious if this type of thing had ever been entertained or even talked about.
    Thanks for reading; and of course, all questions/comments or concerns are welcomed.

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I think this is a good idea, you should lose all the coin for the bounty attempt and die

Birkebeiner and cricket_jumper like this.
  3. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Ive often wondered why you didnt lose the coin (or at least a % of it as suggested) in a failed attempt. I'd like this coin to go to something else in the game though. Like the coin that is lost in Bounty Tax. Im not sure what it should go towards - but I think there should be a pot somewhere we could win somehow.

George Burd likes this.
  4. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

you'd see many fewer hits placed if this was implemented.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

No thanks :) I like the way it is set up already.

6. Marius

Marius Member

It's a terrible idea, and Goon, have you been getting constantly bountied, it sounds like you scrabbling at ways to get people to stop?o_O

7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The Gods are already taking their big part from the bounties, this just would remove more money from the game, and therefore less bountys placed and less activity.

8. Goon Platoon

Goon Platoon New Member

Oh dearest Marius... Please look at the stats, I barely bounty people, I don't get bountied constantly. Your comments hold little validity to the conversation, you'd best be suited to not even log in and post anything that has little to no value. I'm not "scrabbling" to do anything. I simply stated that it would be nice to see. Any constructive comments are welcome, keep it up to those who have already provided their value using tactful conversation.

George Burd likes this.
  9. Kirsten

I bounty players and I get bountied and the set up works fine for me the way it is . :)

10. Marius

Marius Member

Oh Goon my dear, giving me anatidae when duck will do. Carry on though, I enjoy your bluster, and await your next "constructive" comment with great eagerness. Whilst clutching a copy of the Merriam-Webster of course.

George Burd likes this.
  11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

so you have to make constructive comments? rats, i'll keep my mouth shut then.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Lego bricks. You can build all sorts from them - they are constructive...

Kirsten, Marius and George Burd like this.
  13. Marius

Marius Member

I never graduated past Stickle Bricks... :oops:

14. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I like the bounty system as it is now...well with one exception.....When we place a bounty the % is taken off the top...to me..thats already enough....too much actually...n my opinion..

15. George Burd

I like this idea I have always thought if you hit a trap you should lose the coin too. the coin taken could be rolled over into the world boss pay out and things could get more interesting.

16. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

there are frequent complaints about the game going stagnant. so now you want to lose coin when someone sets traps against you, too? do you really think that this is going to generate more activity and more bounties being placed?

17. George Burd

this wouldnt really affect daily players in any way, the stagnation isnt going to increase or decrease but cowards trapping out orpeople who sit on the bounty button might

18. Kirsten

Taking a pill is big business and alot use it when they go offline or get listed.

19. George Burd

ah yes the suicide pill, I would rather see someones coin go to a new lottery or reduces hoard fee then wAtch cowards take the pill so often

20. Valhalla

Valhalla New Member

How about if the person you tried to bounty is within say 500 levels of you and has you trapped, instead of you automatically being killed, you have an option of paying off the bounty trap by paying 10x the cost of the trap lol