Dot and Dash

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craig Day, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

A few days ago I brought up using Morse Code in WC. I sent SOS. ...---... At which time my fellow WC chatters picked up this on mode of conversation and with diligent research and effort were able to communicate with each other. Imagine our chagrin when we signed on today and found that you stole our brilliant idea and used it for shameless promotion of your tawdry weapons. Dot and Dash sale indeed! Therefore we demand that we be compensated for your usurping of our efforts. I believe a nice new weapon for example the Telegraph Key used in your stolen idea would be perfect. The art is already done. 500 Attack and Defense will satisfy that portion of the damages caused. In addition, since you will profit from this horrible offense we demand 75% of any profit you obtain.
    Please send the weapons to the following
    Beserker Rage
    yourinnerchild
    Kissmyace

And of course myself

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

.. / -.-. --- -. -.-. ..- .-. / .-- .. - .... / - .... . / ..-. --- .-.. .-.. --- .-- .. -. --. / -.. . -- .- -. -.. ... --..-- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / -. --- - / - .... . / ..-. .. .-. ... - / - .. -- . / - .... .- - / - .... .. ... / .. -. ..-. .-. .- -.-. - .. --- -. / .... .- ... / --- -.-. -.-. ..- .-. .-. . -.. --..-- / -.-. --- ..- --. .... / - .... . / - .. -. / ..-. --- .. .-.. / .... . .-.. -- . -

3. John Luna

John Luna Member

I have to agree with the complaint, I believe that it is only fair. If there is such a word or practice in KANO world.

Craig Day and JADES like this.
  4. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Lol. Just when you think they never listen, they steal your brilliant idea!!!! I was affected by this theft of my fellow vikings' idea as well, and would also like a free telegraph key weapon as described above to relieve the emotional distress this has caused. :cool:

5. What has amazed me the most is that a bunch of dots and dashes has done more to amuse a growing audience of grown men over a period of days in a forward community motion more so than Arena rewards, Axe slaps, bounties or planting crops could ever hope to achieve! And for this, I believe that they should not only be compensated, but receive a special recognition achievement in the Valhalla Hall of Fame.

Craig Day, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Although this sort of communication was done in having fun to get everyone thinking WTF. It was Craigs idea, I just jumped 1st to do it LOL. It's funny how the little things that can make the games more enjoyable than they have been as of lately. We find way's to amuse ourselves in ways KANO can not provide...:p
    (Not getting into that discussion here)

7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Good thing you cut that last sentence off...

Kirsten and JADES like this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I want compensation cause these are my friends :p

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If it please the court, you honor, habeas corpus, I can produce evidence forthwith for the jury's examination that will show that not only is April 27 - the day after the sale started - Morse Code day (Samuel Morse was born April 27 1791) so it is only natural that we would have a themed sale, but we have records showing that the creation of the sale in question began on February 25, well before said claim from the plaintiff originated.

While we feel regretful that the plaintiff believes that we appropriated his idea, we think that the evidence speaks to the contrary and that this is just a big fat coincidence. I rest my case, with freedom and justice for all.

I think we should settle out of court. ;)

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

11. Craig Day

As a Highly Trained Former Insurance Fraud Investigator I do not believe in coincidence. The terms of settlement were already offered. We may consider reducing some of our demands but I shall require input from my Co-Plaintiffs. BTW I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if anyone believes this rather weak explanation provided by the suspects.

12. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

HAHAHAA....i see a counter suit coming...

Kirsten likes this.
  13. The Rage

The Rage Member

I would also like to add some details that were maybe overlooked during Craig's initial satement, possibly due to the stress of this matter. We, and I mean Robert, Jade, Craig, and myself, were in the developing stage of our release of Morse Code in WC on February 23 of this year. As you can see not only did we think of it before Kano, but we also released Operation Morse Code prior to your Dot and Dash bundles. You can now see why we have brought this to your attention and why it is something that we feel that we should be compensated for. Please contact Craig with your offer.

14. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Can we certify a class action here? I pause to post in WC ... paws at times but that is no matter. The pause was the nexis of Samuel Morse idea. I understand the Vikings however invented dots and dashes first and its evolved to bots and bashes in the 21st century.

Kirsten and diva of destruction like this.
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Better get the story straight before you bring this before the judge fellas. ;)

16. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I, as a layman on viking purchases, blindly spent money to get the dots and dashes bundle without realizing there were some discrepancies on who came up with the original idea of using Morse code. I assumed that the creator of the dots and dashes bundle was offering an original bundle idea, and not one stolen from the said above complainants. Therefore I ask the court for full compensation of any and all monies spent due to my lacking information on the true origin of dots and dashes, and I would also like compensation for pain and suffering considering I felt helpless without such knowledge and could not understand any codes being spoken in world chat, nor could I understand why I could not just use the FPs I had already saved up to buy the dots and dashes bundle.

George Burd and NahazMadjah like this.
  17. Craig Day

LOL. All I know is that I broached the Morse Code in WC prior to issuing of the items. I believe it makes no difference of when it was conceived only when introduced. The record clearly shows that my Morse Code presentation in WC occurred prior to your release of your sale package. One could conjecture that your package was just one of many in line and when you saw the wild success of our efforts it was immediately introduced. Need I resurrect the Tin Foil Helmet incident?

18. John Luna

John Luna Member

Such travesty, no wonder lady of justice is blindfolded. The judicial system has once again showed its ugly side. :p
    The honored date was not in question.

Chris Groner likes this.
  19. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

Someone who represents themselves in legal matters has a fool for a client and an idiot for an attorney. It is thus implied that Mi7ch is seeking legal representation in this matter. As I am actually an attorney in RL, I accept representation for the defense at my usual fee of 350FP/hour. The implied retainer agreement is now valid. Since I customarily bill in fifteen-minute increments, Mi7ch already owes me 87FP for typing this response (I even rounded down out of the goodness of my heart). I expect that to be reflected in my account forthwith.

20. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

LOL..there ya go...you have legal advise....:oops:

Kirsten likes this.