[VC] Weekend Arenas

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Apr 23, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We've had a number of comments from players who found it challenging to participate in Wednesday Battle Arenas, and suggested that moving some events to a weekend might work better. To further explore this idea we ran a feedback survey regarding the Arena schedule so we could get a clearer idea of the interest in a weekend event.

Responses were pretty heavily in favor of including a weekend slot, so we've established a new cycle where every 2nd event will be held on a Saturday, and lined everything up so it won't overlap with other busy events such as the Guild Wars or Raids.

The next Arena will take place Saturday, May 9th at 10:00 AM PST (this is taking the place of the May 6th Arena that would have happened otherwise)!

2. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

ya and if you work most weekends like i do then i'll be knackered, suck it up and deal with it

3. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

Mitch is this also changing the may 6th ZS to may 9th also??

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is only for VC. ZS will get its own announcement when we swap over. :)

Hellhavenofury:) likes this.
  5. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

how about some time changes if people moaning about the days its on, how about start 10am, 2pm uk time so you can start at 2am, 6am like we do

Terror of The Scioto likes this.
  6. Dobrt

Dobrt New Member

People should be on dates with other real people, not their computers/mobile devices on the weekends.........;):p

7. Monica la mitraille

Monica la mitraille New Member

Well hate so much new arena point system, put it whenever you want.

Bolan Hoffbauer likes this.
  8. koo22

koo22 Member

So the next VC Arena WILL overlap with PC Armada Wars which will be going on at the same time on May 9th so those who play both games will be scrambling back and forth with those particular "major events".......at least on Wednesdays there was nothing else conflicting. It's hard to believe that a majority of ppl wanted this on a weekend day when some of us already have wars every weekend.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Maybe you should of gave input, just saying. Was a poll, armada wars, isn't that tokens that run out of real quick?

Kirsten likes this.
  10. koo22

koo22 Member

I did give input...I said I didn't want Arena on weekends, because we already deal with a war every weekend.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Guess majority wins then.

George Burd likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Personally I could care less what days these things are on. I would just like raids GONE o_O

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Events within the same game always fall in different time slots so there is no overlap there, however there simply aren't enough days in a month to ensure that the other games don't overlap with each other. Our content team tries their best but unfortunately we can't set up the schedule so that every game on every network doesn't come into conflict every once and a while. :(

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Kirsten

That is completely understandable

15. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Any chance to add more Arena achievements? Most of the players finished the current ones more then a year ago.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The only achievements we have planned for the PvP events are the ones for the Wars. No extensions to the BA achievements are on the horizon.

17. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

really? "most" of the players have gotten every single arena achievement already over a year ago? i find that hard to believe.

18. Kirsten

Arenas have been around for a few years it is not so hard to believe,that any long term player has not gotten them.

19. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I've gotten all but one of the arena achievements and I only play every fourth or fifth one because they always seem to be at crappy times for me. I'm quite sure many folks have long since gotten them all

20. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

are there any stats on this? I would be very curious to know what percentage of the player base has gotten ALL of the current arena achievements. especially considering that not everyone can participate in every single one.