New PVP feature for LCN

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Sir Opinion Alot, Apr 2, 2015.

?

Drive by feature for LCN

1. yes

53.8%
  2. no

34.6%
  3. maybe

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I guess I'll be waiting for #11 because this one shows much lack of brilliance IMO. All this would do is give a free & sanctioned opening to do bullying in the game. 1 shot, 1 kill... what? are we going to turn LCN into a military sniper game now? Why not allow players to have Captain America Vibranium shields that will automatically deflect the kill bullet back at one of the attackers while we are at it or maybe give players Class V Full-body Ceramic Body Armor? Some ideas sound great in your head, can be made to sound good to certain types of people, & others (like myself) can actually see the forest for the trees.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Kirsten likes this.
  2. There is one flaw in the logic of the drive by being a big part of any mob - as a person who majored in History in college, the vast majority of these done by organized crime was back in the 20's & 30's. They involved 1 driver & 1 person with a machine gun or sub-machine gun in the back of a sedan spraying a group of rival organizations' members -- not 5 guys in a car going after 1... that was called a hit - i.e. the existing Hit List.

Kirsten likes this.
  3. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

i have to differ they are still apart of gang lifestyle i dont know where your from but there are drive by's in the hoods all the time and they are done with a car full of people with assault rifles aka and other various type stuff.

4. Sir Opinion Alot

this is mob wars and you all cry over a Person vs person or syndicate vs sydicate if it wasnt meant for more than 1 person there would be punch request or this mobster asking all fellow mobster to attack. And for bullying its all over the game ask Kirsten her and her goons wont let me play VC or PC you think bullying is bad they all do most you do it then cry when it happens to you at one point or another you all have attacked or bullied someone sometime in the game.. THIS IS MOB WARS

5. Sir Opinion Alot

i have to disagree I dont know what country you live in here in the US driveby's happen all the time look at south central and bronx in new york there are numerous others. there was just stray bullets from a car load in Indianapolis Indiana that killed a child so you are totally wrong

6. Sir Opinion Alot

military sniper game wtf you talking about that what placing a hit and what does a raid boss have to do with mob wars anyhow thats way off the subject really the wars is a good one they have warmode i tell you what some of you shoulld have played this game 5 yrs ago when there was nothing but fighting each other thats what us old timers liked, now people whine if you touch em more than 5 times aint nothing in kano about that, kano even tells you to get your friends to help this game is about people helping people whats better than a car load of lvl 500 mobster able to destroy a king pin lvl 6000 that has been chaining them over 1 hit off the hitlist. There is bullying in each and every app i was part of being bullied last nite but you dont see me crying.

7. Si Celia

Si Celia Member

I like the idea of drive-bys if it means that it adds another level of risk in the game. Right now, high levels can retal against a low level who tried for their bounty with no level of risk. BUT, if the low level has an option of a drive-by, the high level runs a risk by retaling. That makes the game more exciting. And I agree with Jamey, this game needs more mobster-style excitement. The crybabies will cry, but the rest of us would like more fighting that doesn't involve 30 people or more.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  8. Sir Opinion Alot

one reason i said a max of 4 on one target so that person is not killed over and over, so there is a little relief

9. I live in Ohio, here in the beloved U.S. of A. & amongst my friends include Local, County, State, & Federal Law Enforcement... ranging from part-time LEOs in my city to a U.S. Federal Marshall & several agents of the DEA & ATF. What you think of as a drive by is gang warfare - not Mob warfare. My Grandfather, God rest his soul, worked for a company that was mob owned & appeared in court as a witness for individuals that did "jobs" that needed an alibi. So, perhaps before you state someone is totally wrong - perhaps you should be aware of their background & from whence they come.

10. 5 Years ago - I was playing the game - from my profile: Joined 1990 days ago (1990days/365days=5.45years). Back then, I seldom did any fighting, I did jobs & built an empire. I didn't care about fighting or dieing, still don't. To me it's only 1 part of the game & the only time I even fight is to get my daily GPs, the rest of the time it's jobs & bosses.

ADDENDUM: On Kongregate it's a totally different story, I've gone heavy combat there, in fact in VC I have the most battle kills on the leaderboard in the 2 categories it appears: Friends & World with 2,410... second place comes in 761 kills less (1,649). Not as good in LCN or PC, but that's because I don't concentrate on those games - if I don't have time, I simply don't play those 2.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Regardless of whether drive-bys take place or not I still think this idea needs work or shelving in it's current form.

Maybe they could be developed in some way in an instance that's not in retaliation to retaliation to hitlist attacks.

When we go on the list we all know the risks and repercussions and it's fine as it is.

If we're considering a feature to facilitate retaliation against retaliation how many levels of retaliation do we go to?

It's madness.

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  12. High levels can pistol whip someone into attacking them. Low levels can get retaliations on them by placing a bounty on higher ups or attacking back for the pistol whip. It's not like there isn't a way for them to attack lower level players - but people that really are into the game for the fighting aspect know they aren't going to get much XP killing insignificant players of lower levels. Lower levels can hit higher levels multiple times, but I've had higher level players kill me with 1 attack & then send me an invite to join mobs.

13. I agree with the reworking on this. The idea has a valid basis to it, but the basic concept as currently presented has too many flaws that could imbalance the game even more than it already is.

Jess likes this.
  14. Sir Opinion Alot

not retaliation just some thing to add to the gameplay

15. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Nope, it's retaliatioception.

16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I almost referenced Inception mate, then I remembered I hated the dream with a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream thing there too.

17. The Navigator

Haha :D
    I liked the idea, since I've had a dream within a dream. Hehe, you didn't like Inception so you decided to reference 300 instead.

18. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This is Sparta!

19. The Navigator

No...
    This is Patrick! :cool:

20. Jess

Jess Active Member

I think this sums it up pretty well.