Compromised

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craig Day, Apr 7, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Normally when taking down a guild by yourself, you will encounter that pop up while they are sitting there watching health. Hence you are aware of what is occurring, this action does not pop up on this snipe tool as it only one or 2 attacks for the kill.

2. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Actually, it is more likely that you would see that phrase less often when an auto clicker is being used for the simple reason that it could be programed to get the final hit, or hits in faster than a person could click. Considering you are only human and can only click so fast, a program could get a last hit in before you would even realize what was happening. I am just guessing, but on the last game I played and finally gave up on was over ran by self admitted cheats, and the final straw was when they explained how to use a program to automatically hit a target every fraction of a second. If that is being done in guild wars here, it would be hard to see how it was done if it happened so fast that the guild is dead before any phrase can show up.

3. Snowtiger

In theory, it would be possible to set a program to only auto click/hit a target when the guild is at a certain amount of health such as less than .5 billion health. That would explain how a guild is sniped in 1 hit. Lets hope Kano is looking at ways to prevent this from happening in the future.

4. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I am guessing that if this is happening now, then there's no reason to assume it'd be impossible for one player to rack up all the kills?

What I am seeing is that kills are reasonably evenly spread across guild members. If we're all cheats then I suppose that would make sense, but since I know that I did not cheat (and I had a good amount of kills) then I have to assume I am able to outcompete these programs, which would mean that they provide no advantage, or, that it's our obsession and dedication to this event which gives us the kills.

With respect to this last GW, what I am trying to say is that within our guild I can't see any evidence of cheating - just outrageous amounts of dedication. I do see targets disappear and we don't get the kill even though we hunt as a team, but we figure someone who hits harder "stole" it - not that someone is cheating. But, I've got to say, this paranoia is catching and I'd really like to see Kano clear matters up.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ya know I don't know what platform you play on or how long you have played these games or any games,BUT PEOPLE CHEAT, all the time, not all people but the same people cheat and once a cheat always a cheat, a cheater does not change its spots, they will cheat as long as they can get away with it, and if they do get a warning from Kano, most will be good for awhile, but most will sooner or later resume their cheating, Some won't be so smart and will get banned,I have seen that also, some are smarter and can stay under the radar of detection, it is not paranoia it is happening it will keep happening and it has happened in the past, I really cannot believe you think people are paranoid, again I could give a crap about the wars, I see it in the games everyday. Whether it happened in the guild wars on FB VC as the OP of this thread has seen, I don't know but I do know the OP of this thread , and I know he knows his stuff.

DarkIsis, Lucifer and George Burd like this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I highly doubt that this tool is set to all guilds (which would make sense A,B,C FOR for points), otherwise be no "snipe tab" next to each guild. It's manually set up on "X" amount of targets by what I get out of it. At least for the one that I stumbled across.

7. Snowtiger

I doubt even with a program that anyone could rack up all the kills. From what I was told in my last game, there is a limited amount a program can do. You have to set it within certain parameters. That was a long time ago tho, and I refused to participate in the cheating. Hence, that is why I quit the game. Just remembering tid bits of what I was told. Guild wars is a whole new ball game from back then anyways, and I am just trying to figure out how or why these past few wars have seemed a little skewed. And I must say, I really believe that the majority of players here do not cheat. It is just that the handful who do, cause things to get wacko and people lose confidence in the game because of it.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  8. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I agree there is a LOT of cheating on all platforms, there are auto clickers in the arena, please show me the people who can average a click every 2/10ths of a second for 8 hrs continuous. there are alts in massive numbers, being used as fp banks in wars, boss farming, gp, gold xfers. there are scripts to bounty hunt with, scripts for wars, scripts that auto buy property, and do challenges. and thru all of this you have the majority of people who are sick of it going on and only the little guys get pinched. You as a player have 2 choices: 1 Quit 2 ignore it and play your own game. Nothing will change, no amount of evidence(short of a in game pm) will get anyone banned, even freezesare a slap on the wrist. I have been where most are and I refer back to option 1 or 2

DarkIsis, Sean Lewis and Lucifer like this.
  9. Snowtiger

As an obsessive compulsive bounty hunter who spends way to much time stalking the list, I think people who suck at bounty hunting are to quick to cry scripts are being used in that aspect of the game. Kano has done a great job preventing the use of scripts in my opinion with their math questions (as lame as they may seem). As far as scripts in other areas of the game, could be and likely are, and I hope Kano is constantly searching for ways to counteract it.

Birkebeiner and George Burd like this.
  10. George Burd

you only get math for refreshing bounty list by bounty as soon as the math came out I found that xx amount of bounty button = do math there are other ways to refresh bounty list to severely extend the time between math

11. Snowtiger

So are you saying that it is possible to have a script that knows how to avoid the math questions by refreshing the list in other ways after it has caught a certain amount of bounties? LOL, I keep expecting KANO to come up with algebra questions next to deal with people who may have a clue how to write a script :p Joking!!!!!!

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You should have to actually answer the 1+1 correct, which is currently not set up that way, that I've noticed.
    It's just type in a # and confirm answer with a mouse click, enter does not work, tried it.

13. Snowtiger

You do not have to answer it correctly? That is interesting to know. I have wondered what would happen if I inadvertently put in the wrong answer, but I have never dared do it on purpose.

14. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

15. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

You hit enter as I am conditioned to do, you get asked a diff math question. You get a few chances to say 1+1 is 11 ...

16. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Looking at this pic, you can at least tell that the cheater is not in LPC OR JRA as they are both listed as targets.

George Burd likes this.
  17. George Burd

Again I will suggest removing sniping from wars and arena altogether and suggest whoever does the greatest damage gets the kill reward

18. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Slap in your face again Kano , is been said alot about all this cheats and nothing was done , you lost alot of good players and many will go away if you keep it like this .

Sean Lewis likes this.
  19. Snowtiger

That would be hard to implement in guild wars George as there are times you may do a lot of damage to a guild, but run out of tokens at the last second. By the time you get a refill, the guild is dead. By what you are saying, a guild sniped in that case would not go to the killer, but to the one who did the most damage but could not pull off the kill due to a shortage of tokens.

George Burd likes this.
  20. George Burd

yep it would throw a bit of interesting results into the mix people would be looking for full guilds instead of yellow and red because they wouldnt know where the points are going. but it would make snipe scripts useless, now a script would have to use tokens and do 51% of damage to insure the kill reward