Compromised

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Craig Day, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Thanks Jades, that's where the math kicks in.

Anyhow, I don't want to hijack this thread. Lucifer alleged that a sniping program had been used against his guild in the most recent GW on the Kong/AG server and I just want to state whether or not a sniping program had been used is irrelevant in the instances he mentions - because no one was sniping - the odds were against his guild suiciding or having anyone else kill his guild, but ours.

If Lucifer feels like discussing this latest GW then he can open another thread and make his comments there, but allegations that his guild didn't win because Kano has been Compromised (subject of this thread) does not inform or add anything of value to the discussions in this thread.

Back on topic, it'd be great for me to be able to deny that anyone in our guild, or anyone else for that matter, cheats, but, of course, I can't because I'm not able to actually see how people play the game - by the same token, in instances when "strange" things happen, I'm unable to allege that people are cheating, because I'm still not privy to how people actually play. It'd be great if people didn't take losing, missing a kill etc as proof of cheating - at the same time, it'd be great if Kano made these game platforms secure so that we could all play the game without "feeling" that others are cheats.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Kano does work at making ways to block ways to cheat,but if you have played games on the internet,aslong asI have,as quick as one cheat link or script or bot is found, and made to not work in a game anymore,more are made, and found by players, hackers are the ones who can make then,these things are widely available on the internet,I played a game years ago,where two players who were software guys kept hacking the game, giving the links to their friends ,till the company had to shut it down, They then went on the make their own games, but were not successful , the gaming company( corporation) these two sub contracted for, had many games,a nd still do but two of them were fighting type games,and anytime there is a fighting game, ( PVP game,) there are gonna be people who find or are given access to the features. Besides if you think there are not some extremely savvy computer people playing these games, you would be wrong.

3. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

You all have no idea on how sniping really works. So its on Wendelin again to tell u how it works:

You gotta have alts in other syns, to see their chat and then catch their spotted syns with low health with ur main account.
    Most syns have an own chat during synd wars, so get ur alt in there, watch what syn might get killed and then SNIPE the kill HAHAHAHA...

And that's how u can get so many kills. Plus heres an additional tip for SW: get an alt in ur own syn that can send u refills for free.

As i said, doesnt matter what we say here about SW, the whole SW system needs to b changed same as Kano did it with BA. BA got much improved, do it with SW as well (after facebook api update)

Kirsten likes this.
  4. Vic

Vic Active Member

i don't know about BA being much improved. but i would be open to changes in SW. our syndicate does not cheat, and we pay the price for it because we don't, honest game play doesn't seem to count for much any more.

George Burd likes this.
  5. Birkebeiner

I think people get it though... using alts like you're proposing is "stone age" cheating lol.

If we make the game wholly anonymous, then I think it should be called something other than VC or whatever - just give everyone a number, disable chat and messaging etc. If securing the game means nerfing everything then I'd say we're better off with a Compromised game.

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

7. Birkebeiner

I read the post jades linked - seems like Kano have the tools to combat cheats. If the servers can't be cleaned up, can Kano post an autoupdate on suspicious activity? So that we, the players, can get an accurate picture of how much cheating/unauthorized activity is going on? Right now it's starting to feel like everyone is cheating - and that's not healthy.

8. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

This tread was started about the last guild wars & strange things going on right? well i find it strange 5-6 different guilds saved tokens for the last few hours to take our guilds health down so 1 guild could get the kill every time, those same guilds did not go for the kill! I watched the different guilds attacking like clock work, almost in the same order, all i can say? fantastic team work!!!! congratz on the win!!!! you earned it!!!! lol

DarkIsis and George Burd like this.
  9. Kirsten

It may have been started because of guild wars, which I could care less about,but cheating does go on in the games ,(plural) and many types, of cheating including alts.

George Burd and Lucifer like this.
  10. Birkebeiner

I'm not going to ask for a retraction of any and all statements you've made concerning this latest GW on Kong/AG, I just wanted to highlight the fact that whatever happened was not as a result of Kano being "compromised". Your guild was killed three times by a guild strong enough to have almost thirty consecutive GW wins.

If you feel that something is unfair, it seems like it would be a good idea for you to start another thread so you can list all the ways you've been wronged, and this tread can be left to discuss in which ways the games are compromised - to help Kano to provide us all with a level playing field, so that victories and achievements can be celebrated without being sullied by accusations of cheating.

11. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Well that explains it then! on a platform where hardly anyone plays & the guild that finished 14th got 849w/ps & not even 20 guilds compete in guild wars, makes sense for all those other guilds to help just one guild for favors lol, thanks for clearing that up! nothing going on here vikings! battle on!

DarkIsis likes this.
  12. Birkebeiner

Nothing going on that relates to Kano games being compromised - correct.

If you've got issues with the way the game is being played then please start another thread...

13. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Your kidding right? You have missed the whole point of my Original Post. I am talking about GWs in FB. No other platform. Either that you are using these tools and want Kano to lay off.

I know what I saw. This has been backed up by more long term VC FB players. Kills were being sniped and it was obvious it was an enchanced program. Why only C and above Guilds. How could a member of my Guild lose 4 C level kills in minutes each being a one hit snipe? Go ahead and spin and tap dance. Its actually more disgusting then the cheating.
    The game is compromised!!!!

14. haggis

haggis Member

this is only on FB then ???

15. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Whatever they used on FB? is being used on kong-armor as well, seen it in action, does not matter how many are attacking the same guild they always lose the last hit kill, seen it in action on kanoplay2, the game is becoming unplayable due to all the cheats. should be easy for kano to find who is using it, just look at the hits vs kills, some are good at snipping no doubt but to get the last few hits every time? WTF!!! get real, same goes for bounties & we've all known this for a long time, kano would 2 if they played their own games & had characters that were higher in lvl's, kano might just see 1st hand what most of us know.

DarkIsis and George Burd like this.
  16. Birkebeiner

Apologies for upsetting you.

All I wanted to do is celebrate a victory which was hard fought, and won by fair means. If you look at what I'm saying, I'm all for Kano making sure the games aren't compromised. Further, Kano says they have the tools to detect the cheats.. so, let's see some cheats exposed.

There are things which you say which you might want to explain in a bit more detail, for example, how can you tell a snipe is a one hit snipe? If you let targets linger to the point where you know that only one hit would kill them I'd do better than my 10-20% kill rate for sure - this just doesn't happen, even in the inactive backwoods of the Kong/AG server. So, exactly how do you know it's a one hit snipe?

Now, in your eyes, I've probably reached a whole new level of spinning and dancing, and I'm sure that you find it disgusting of me to suggest that being backed up by "more long term... players" doesn't make an accusation of cheating true - only thing I'd like to see is a game without cheating with players who don't feel the "need" to allege that others cheat when they lose.

17. Kirsten

I see cheating in PC and I have seen it in VC daily regard less of armada wars, arena, attacking, If you cannot tell when someone is using something, then you need to look closer, I have been playing games for almost 10 years and I have seen it all. It is usually very easy to spot an auto healer and auto health script and auto gaming mouse attacking. The problem lies in that the real good cheats can keep it below the threshold of Kano's detection most of the time.

Lucifer and George Burd like this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well there is the obvious, you don't see "guild is already under attack" at any point when the snipe happens. Grab a friend both pound on the same guild and tell us, you never have that pop up occur.

Snowtiger likes this.
  19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Hum, good point Jades. I do not recall seeing "guild is already under attack" during this guild wars season even tho I ran down the health on several guilds and ended up having them sniped. I have seen that phrase in past guild wars, but not this one. And this season was the worse as far as snipes go.

20. Birkebeiner

I've seen that pop up many a time, but when we go for snipes there are usually several of us clicking as fast as we can and still that pop up doesn't always "pop up" - most times, in fact, it doesn't - but the funny thing is that while abusing my rodent like a maniac, I won't see that pop up, and then the target is dead... only to have been killed by someone else in our hunting pack, of course, many times it's killed by another guild. Thing is, we've done the experiment you're suggesting, in fact it's pretty much the way we hunt all the time, and only sometimes do I get that pop up (for reference, my kill rate is probably in the 10-20% range).

If your experiment is the right one, then I have to conclude we're all cheating and we're doing it most of the time - which would make Lucifer happy no doubt, but I'm leaning towards concluding that two or more players can, in fact, pursue a target via legitimate means (clicking away as fast as our carpal tunnel riddled wrists allow) without encountering the pop up. Ergo, I'd not want to offer this experiment up as a way of proving whether or not people are cheating.

Being a naive computer user, I'd guess that the pop up would be more likely the more people hit the target, and the faster they hit it - so, we see it only sometimes, because we're only human and actually not that fast... now if we had some kind of auto-click plugin then I suspect we'd see it more. Maybe the time to worry about cheats is when you can't "reach" a target and you always encounter the "guild is under attack" pop up.

Jades, I can see you're a computer person - have I got it all wrong?