[LCN] New Location: Antarctica!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jul 30, 2014.

1. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

i love these suggestions.... and have mentioned them all over this site countless times. i hope this time someone is listening !!! <eyes mitch> ;)

as to the cities.... kano chose to release the last 3 within 2-3 months of each other.... giving the high levels really no time to sit and enjoy either istanbul or seoul..... and when we got to antarctica... well.... we arrived alright.... but it's like they destroyed the airport and the trains, busses, and harbors... we're so stuck here. and.... we have nothing more to gain by being here, and it's B O R I N G.

and about those drop lists..... who can find anything ?!!! how about making a fix so that when we see a weapon, vehicle or armor anywhere on the site, we can HOVER over it to see the stats if we already have it in our arsenal ????? i cannot stand having to scroll scroll scroll. there isn't even a back to top icon on the boss list, and we do not have the ability to HIDE bosses we NEVER touch anymore.

the gripes might sound petty, but seriously, they'd make it that much more enjoyable around here.....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
    The Navigator likes this.
  2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I like to be different and don't require a new city :D I just require the things I asked for over 15 months ago to be looked at and yes I'm sure you've all seen me go on about it so i won't even bother mentioning it again.
    As for a competition for the new location WTF we aren't at playschool!

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  3. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I genuinely think the raid bosses, Battle Arena and old GF items need to be looked at first.
    The above mentioned affect ALL of Lcn and not just a dozen or so players.

4. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

nahh foxy, why solve something that 100s/1000s have issues with if you can make a city for 10 players ;)

I do so agree with you, but doubt they change these things, they don't really seem to change much of what is already in the game.

5. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Each time you make a new city, an older city loses value.

As Antarctica came out, Seoul automatically became a lesser boss although it was the top boss before. 1 year ago Venice was like a dream come true - now I'm in Venice and its only average compared to Antarctica.

New Players - that's what we should all be concerned of. Us higher lvls can wait imo but most high lvls want to play all alone by themselves anyway without new players.

Kirsten and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  6. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I can understand the new cities, when they come out and the new items are made to be crafted are good for only when they are new, the other players may take months to yrs to get there in the mean time all the crafting becomes junk, they need to do something with the crafting to where you can modify current items, upgrades etc. I dont like the fact i try to level and when i get to a new city nothing does me any good cause they keep popping out cities and raids now and makes all other items worthless.

7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Until a new location is out I think I just can stop joining and sharing bosses as I am already full of drops and I have nothing to gain joining them, thanks to kanos update when the Antarctica boss was out for some reason they changed the Boss Helper Kill Reward of the Seouls boss to the same type and same strength as in the Antarctica boss. That was a really time saving update.

8. How long do you think we should wait? Until every new and existing player has dragged themselves up to Antarctica? It's closing in on 9 months since the release of Antarctica and I don't need the drops anymore. And I certainly don't have any incentives to go any further. Both BA and Raid bosses gives me poor XP, so no incentive to play those either as I don't have anything to level up towards.

"Us higher levels". You really see yourself as a high level when in Venice? It's been over two years since Venice came out. Maybe it was a "dream come true" on Kong or KP2 but that wasn't the case on FB a year ago. 27 players now got access to Antarctica on FB. 22 players are over level 8000.

"imo but most high lvls want to play all alone by themselves anyway without new players" I think you will find that to be complete bullsh*t. I really don't see where you can get that from.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  9. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

The main problem is the new player arriving who thinks: Antarctica? I will never reach that. Captain of Industry? I will never reach his strength or even come close. See, the feeling of "I can't reach it so I give up".

I have had players quitting in front of me cuz of those very reasons. This is the reality and u r too far up there to realize it.

U r one of the absolut TOP players but I have the empathy to see an AVERAGE player, who just arrived in Havana, for which he fought hard and stayed persistent for months if not years, but he/she can not enjoy it cuz it's "only" a Pirates boss that he has to share as best boss. Pirates boss is just lame compared to Antarctic Commando.

So if all of those average players quit out of frustration then u in fact play alone as "high" lvl. Now that I have explained it with more details, is it really BS?

10. But that goes for all MMORPGs with indefinite levels doesn't it? Should we also stop with GF items and such and give them the chance to finish previous calendars? Since "I can't reach their strength without spending way more than they have throughout the years" would also be a valid argument if you want to make arguments like that. It's not like these games are designed for Sit'n'Go players.

And if we look further into it; is there really much difference between Venice being the top location and Antarctica (other than the obvious level difference). Pre-raids and BA's (which was when I started playing) 5k levels from the scratch would take you 2-3 years unless you had unlimited access to money, time and levelling partners. Now Kano has offered new players the chance to squash the level difference between new players and existing mid-range players (3-5,5k) in no time (2-4 months or 2-4 raids). And raids won't cost a damn thing early on. We have a player in our syndicate who just hit level 3300 in less than a year since he started (and he has pretty much boycotted the last couple of raids - If he hadn't, he would easily be level 4k+ already). Don't forget the current items available for purchase are more than 3-4 times stronger than the items available 2-4 years ago. Is that really fair on the players who have been playing since its inception?

So, where does the limit sit at? Level 5k? And what about those that want to quit because their Bangkok bosses are useless compared to Havanas?

I am one of the top players in FB LCN yeah, but I'm not alone. Like I said there are about 20 players already eligible for a new location if Kano continues the 500-550 level difference. And maybe 20 or more who will reach it in the coming months should they release one now. I have always advocated the mid-levels' case (back then it was level 3-5k) as I feel that Kano haven't done enough to keep them going (too little content) but now they're starting to completely ignore the higher-level group. Nothing to craft except for elites from Seoul and Antarctica, Raid bosses gives out useless XP (unless you're willing to spend loads), BA likewise (and it turned to sh*t anyway), no new content (location) since the beginning of time. So what if this group of loyal players quit because it has gone completely stale? Surely you have noticed (if you play on FB) that this has happened several times already?

Btw, I didn't call your entire post BS, just the notion that "higher levels just want to play alone by themselves".

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
    The Navigator and WendelinR like this.
  11. Sir Opinion Alot

as for new items that come out that is 2 times stronger than what i have now why dont kano give me a chance to sell it back for 75% of the original cost that way i can use my fps from the past to buy great items now, I have many items i paid top fps for and now less than yr later they are no better than the new boss drops.. or crafting come on

12. Sir Opinion Alot

And 9 months is a bit to long for a city, 6 months tops is what i suggest. AND FIX THE OTHER AREA"S of complaints

GATMAN likes this.
  13. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

the way things are going now, 6 months is too long, too. locations are going to have to be released every 3 months. otherwise the top players won't have anything to do, boo hoo.

14. Sir Opinion Alot

hell the whole games going down the shitter in my eyes people crying over raids im having to pick up the slack of others and buying, other things, all sorts of wrong with this game and so much complaints making me wonder why i play anymore seems it gets me mad on a daily basis. we complain ask for things seemed to be ignored. More and more i see the reason for alot of others to stop. i neglect other hobbies to sit here and get mad. Well kano thanks for making a death game due to strokes and high blood pressure heart attacks beware bahahahaha

15. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Well, I don't let the game give me heart attacks, high blood pressure, or strokes. I'm not entirely happy with the games, either, but that's life, isn't it? It hasn't gotten so bad that I'm willing to swear the game off yet, but that's just me.

16. Sir Opinion Alot

i was kinda going overboard at the end Jared

17. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Yes, I thought about my post again and it makes no sense to try to keep all players as close as possible when the game is already 5+ years old. I keep forgetting that MW is much older on FB than on Kongregate and I only started on Kong in August 2013 (never played on FB).

It's definitly an argument that old players who showed so much loyalty deserve a new city, new players have to accept that and maybe see themselves as "new generation".

Kano is unsure about it as well obviously, or else they would have released a new location by now. Maybe they put out 5 new locations in summer, u never know with them lol

18. Sir Opinion Alot

first new location was put on hold for the raids then about the beginning of the year they announced in april big change in facebook so they focused development resources for that now its over and still going strong a new city for one then they should take good look at raids.

19. Sir Opinion Alot

all the games have different xp bars so saying this is totally wrong, we are talking LCN the others are way easier PC n VC but ZS is way harder than the rest you have to look at each app. not as a whole they are not the same

20. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I'm a lower level player (2300) and I'd like a new city. More boss shares :)