[KONG] 98/99 percent

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Aapje, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Now and then I hit a boss and see 100% towards the reward in the bottom of the screen. Then when the boss dies and I go to redeem the rewards from the list, I see that I only did 99% (or even 98%). It seems that there is a rounding issue going on here.

This bug has cost me some nice boss rewards :(

2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I have to say on fb Lcn I have had this and i'm very thorough in making sure I do 100% so when its says I only did 98-99% I'm like no way!

3. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yeah, first time I thought it was my fault, but I have had it multiple times when I was sure I saw 100%.

4. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Interesting. Thanks for the info on this. I will log a bug and look into what is going on here.

If you have any other info on how to reproduce this please let us know.

EDIT: Screenshots are always handy if you have any.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

I just tried this out on VC with the following steps
    • started a boss and set the Max Helper dmg at its lowest which should be the amount required for the Min Damage and Helper rewards
    • I then used a 2nd character to hit the boss till I reached the Max Helper Dmg
    • I switched back to the boss owner character and killed the boss
    • I switched back to the 2nd character and collected my rewards and got both the Min Dmg and Helper rewards
    Am I missing something?

6. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

You probably would need to do a hit that almost does min damage (just a little less). An alternative is to do any hit that is less than 100% hit and simply write down the percentage it shows below the boss. Then go to your lists of bosses and look at the percentage there. If that percentage is lower than the percentage you wrote down earlier, you have found the bug.

But given the nature of rounding, this bug may only show up in the 90-99% range. But the second method should be easier, if it works.

Smack likes this.
  7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

To further clarify are you saying the % reported on the Boss list misreporting as 100%?
    [​IMG]

Or is it the % reported on each attack?

8. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I hit it until it shows 100% below the boss. So this is with the boss open for hitting. Then if you look in the boss list, the percentage is actually 98 or 99%. Unfortunately I usually only see this when the boss is dead and so miss out on the rewards.

So it looks like the calculation is wrong. Come to think of it, the issue might also be that you calculate the percentage for each hit, round it a bit (perhaps implicitly due to limited accuracy in the variable you use to store the value) and add that to the old percentage. This would probably result in an inaccurate percentage. Then when you open the boss list, it recalculates the percentage based on the total damage done by you in relation to total health of the boss. That would be the right way to calculate the percentage.

The Navigator likes this.
  9. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Just ran down my boss list and noticed another boss where this problem happened :/ 98% on a level 2 Dublin. The previous one was on a level 1 Berlin (in Kong LCN). Weird that it happens to these bosses. I hit them with two 1 stamina attacks, so that might be relevant.

PS. I'll try to see if I can make a screenshot somehow.

Smack likes this.
  10. Vic

Vic Active Member

are you sure you didn't get the drops? i haven't noticed this myself. but i never really thought to check.

11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I'm sure.

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

i would send a ticket into support and have one of them look at it, they should at least be able to do something for you personally while Smack takes a look at it from his side.

13. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i never thought about this, either. i don't play on kong, but i would imagine that this might happen on other platforms. i'll try to remember to check the next time that i collect on a boss that is set for the lowest minimum damage allowed.

14. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I've done this several times and not considered that it could be a bug.

It doesn't happen often but when it does it's really frustrating, I reluctantly put it down to absent mindedness but if other people are experiencing the same thing I presume there is some sort of rounding discrepancy between the two %s.

The Navigator likes this.
  15. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

That is something I have seen a couple of times as well. I've started doing a bit over 100% to be sure :)

16. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i guess we have to send in tickets about this to get a response?

17. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Not at all but it has been a little while since I have updated. I had PM'd Aajpe a few times when he was encountering this to see if I could catch it but sadly our schedules did not align.

I cannot reproduce this with the information I currently have but I would certainly like to get to the bottom of it. From all of my digging any of the percentages shown are using a floor() function so even if you had 99.9999% this would always round down to 99%. I have no doubt players are encountering issues with this but until more info comes in or I stumble upon how to reproduce this scenario there is not much to say.

Thanks for checking up on this though.

18. Dolus

Dolus Member

It happened with me a couple times on server 2, still not yet on kong..
    Been a while tho that I got that issue and I always check that I've got 100%. After it happened a couple times I was sure it wasn't my own fault :)

19. Dolus

Dolus Member

Attached Files:

• 95%.jpg
      95%.jpg
      File size:
      317.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      294 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      268.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Think they'd need to see a screenshot of it saying 100% as well unfortunately mate, otherwise human error comes into it.