Get LCN back to it's roots and glory day

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AshyKnuckles, Jan 23, 2015.

1. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

I have been playing LCN since it's inception. I am a upper low level (around lvl 3850) by choice. When the game was first introduced, LCN was truly a PvP fighting game. Dominance over other players was asserted by the skill points allocated to in attack and defense. Stockpile did not play much of an issue as bosses did not play a major role, and GF items had not been introduced. Players in the same range basically had the same stockpile.

There were many great wars in LCN's heyday the biggest of which I participated in. The game has strayed away from it's fighting roots with the many sub-games with the exception of War Mode. Now a player is able to level multiple times while dead and in the hospital due to Sub games such as the Raid Boss, Syndicate Wars and Battle Arena. I realize that the sub-games are here to stay and Kano could very well be looking for ideas for yet another. I understand that these sub games are quite possibly a cash cow for Kano through the purchase of Favor Points, which is fine. I would just like to see some of the perks in these sub games reduced or scaled down a little to encourage more of the fighting aspect of the game. I once joked to a few in my syndicate, that if a player does not die at least twice a day, (s)he is not playing the game. I often do not die during the sub-game events such as Syndicate Wars and Raid Bosses. This is not due to a lack of trying and provocation. Players seem to be a bit too preoccupied with the other events.

Kano can always get more money through what I call the Arms Race buying Godfather Items.
    Am I the only person that feels and thinks this way, or are these just one player's random thoughts.

Kirsten and Angela Brown like this.
  2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Everyone's too busy kissing each others asses for bosses, that's how the game has evolved :(

Sir Opinion Alot and Kirsten like this.
  3. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

yeah, that too. lol, Kano should thank me. I am still in Prague. Other than the initial xp for joining the boss, I no longer benefit from boss drops in Berlin, Madrid, and Venice. I am not sure if they will be worth anything to me 2 years from now when I am able to craft elite and/or optima versions of those drops.

I really have nothing to offer a syndicate other than being a loyal and fearless player that helps with punches and beating up on people that I can. There are good people in all syndicates, it is just a matter of getting to know them. In this day, there is too much "friendship" of players in Rival syndicates. I am no exception. I have a few in SOB that I have been loyal to for ages, and a couple in DOA. However these players are around my level, some lower.

4. Goats Maan

Goats Maan Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!

5. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

i have to agree with you 100% this has turned into a whine game for many! its a fighting game and not many fight anymore! it has made the game boring! if you hit them they whine! i think adding all these new aspects to the game has made many want to stop playing all together! i being on of those people! it took a ton of hard work to get where i am and it seems many dont do this anymore! still am considered low level but i worked my butt off to get my fight strengths.. with raids and syn wars many dont want to build anymore.. i have seen way too much in game fighting (not in a good way) happening within the community! all due to the new sub games added! i wish there was an easy fix for this but it seems there is not!

AshyKnuckles likes this.
  6. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I don't wanna fight...It scares me :D

7. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

8. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this is really bad on PC. i do what i can to keep things interesting (putting up bounties, pistol whipping enemies, etc.), in addition to the non-battle related stuff (adventures, bosses, challenges). it just doesn't seem like battling is a priority anymore, which is a shame.

Angela Brown and Kirsten like this.
  9. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

yeah, i try to do that in VC. but the bounty costs get out of control pretty quick there. and it's hard to pick up decent sized bounties for the good coin.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It seems to me that one of the major reasons is that War Mode only works for high levels nowadays. New players now see that the way to advance is to hit bosses, attacking people is no more than a chore for them to get dailies done.

Angela Brown likes this.
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

PC is even worse with the kissing for bosses ,out of control

12. Kirsten

It would be nice if LCN,PC and VC , got back to the fighting aspect , although PC is the only one I have almost no fight list in, but that is cause of my level, the lower I am the bigger my fight lists are, but that has always been an issue, it seems. Hoping that the raids bring more fresh meat, as the players who leveled fast with raids and such might not ready for the XP range they may find themselves in.

Angela Brown likes this.
  13. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

It is sad, even with the Power Heal feature, which just yells chain me IMO, people still will not retaliate. I have on many occasions chained folks into the hospital clearing my fightlist. Beat up a few of my out of ranges. Then chained the ones that came out of the hospital again. Nary a retaliation.

14. Kirsten

LOL luv that "yells chain me " yeah it is good for getting dailies down quick when they are power healed I don't use it myself though lol

15. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

On the rare occasion that I am not open to someone that way out of my range that will annihilate me, I use the power heal and wait...nothing happens

16. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Cities everyone wants em, New Item more powerful we all want em, Here's a new addition to the life of your mobster we realized back in the first cities we started with we lost a few things in our jobs through the tier so now we have to do new job's in the back alley's of old cities, put new jobs up with high cost to complete, the boss returns more powerful and start the process over with alot higher stats maybe that of a prague boss for say make the item drop really good and consider new craft in that city, thus this is basically a new city to keep you busy make really great drops for the jobs that are better than most boss's out there and the new items crafted tops any new boss out there or may be coming out. And for you to unlock this new content make it say a level 3000 that way more people get to experience the new game play.

AshyKnuckles and Angela Brown like this.
  17. Elodie

Elodie Member

GF items have really made the skills redundant,which is a bit sad but i guess we have to rethink how we fights, i mean no matter how many boss drops you get and skills you add you cant compete with someone with so many credit cards, i guess it makes you having to adjust your gameplay but id say the worse addition added on LCN is the protection feature.

Angela Brown likes this.
  18. AshyKnuckles

AshyKnuckles New Member

yeah protection feature sucks arse through a straw. If you do not want to get kicked around, dont open yourself up to people that you cannot beat, use the ambush feature, get stronger, or get help. It's just that simple

19. James Li

James Li New Member

I think it's across all platform. The balance has shifted from being, " I don't need to buy fp, I can still be able to be successful and strong because of my strategy, skill point allocation, boss drops, item crafting". For me buying FP was meant to be a short term boost. Now with Raid boss, etc. Players being able to afford FP at ridiculous high amount is now out scaling the other non-fp player effort and energy put into bosses drops, skill point allocation, Its no longer a fair fight? In turn take away from other aspect of the game.

Captain Of Industry likes this.
  20. Which is the best mode to hit on Syn Wars? Defense mode or attack mode? Thanks appreciated