Cheating at the game and what is Kano doing about it?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, to quote the infamous Donnie Brasco, "fuhgeddaboudit". there are quite a few i see every day, some get temporary bans, but they always come back. i say everyone is free to do the same things that they do since it seems to be allowed, or nothing can or will be done to stop it.

Justin the killer likes this.
  2. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

well Gogo one of these days these games aint gonna exist the way kano developers allow these actions to occur...within the game...whats the point of having game apps created if they aint gonna take care of the issue that needs to be Top Priority which i am saying get rid of the cheaters in the game an let the fair players play it would make this world alot better....but o wait forgot that umm cheaters pay kano devs an the creators to keep them up an running duhhhh LoL

3. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

i was curious as to the mentality of individuals that complain, when they don't have an upper hand, or when they don't have an even game play field in their mind. So the fact that i can use one pc, large touch screen and have multiple windows open...one for heal, the other to attack or hunt is considered uneven game play by the person(s) crying in the forum. If I use two pc's to play is considered unfair? Well I say even the field, upgrade your equipment. Bestbuy has my laptop onsale this week for 300 bucks. 15", 10 point touch.... I use it for work and play. buy one.

If me having better equipment is your reasoning for calling me a cheat, then I purpose that anyone who has spent one dollar or more on the game is cheating too. They spend the money to get an advantage in game play....Stronger weapons, more mob, easy access to stamina and energy refill's by spending money. This is cheating according to your mentality on the subject, because they gain an advantage over others.

What about those that only have a smart phone to play on, but stuck at 2g speeds.....Should we all have to down grade to their level? Why expect anyone to downgrade to your level, if you truly feel their equipment and tactics out way your ability to play perhaps its time to change your style, your equipment or get out.

I MEAN NO ONE ANY FORM OF DISRESPECT: This is my stance!

Scripts to assist game play - cheating
    Auto Clickers because your lazy - Cheating
    Any software outside of a browser/kano app that accesses the game server - cheating

Using a touchscreen instead of a mouse - NOT CHEATING -
    Using 2 pc's to play at the same time as long as its just the account owner playing - NOT CHEATING

Having a superstrong account designed by mastercard/visa/paypal - THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING KANO, SPEND SOME ON ME!

Birkebeiner likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

2 computers at the same time, regardless of whether it is against the TOS, my stance LAME

George Burd likes this.
  5. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Cheating. My 2 cents.

"i openly admit to being one of the players that uses more than one pc at the same time, and it does give me an advantage."

First line of your first post. End of story.

Deblovscats1, Kirsten and JADES like this.
  6. Kel the Merciful King

All the other stuff you post is what people do in fact do normally: get a better ISP, get a better CPU, get a better mouse, all fine and dandy. Stuff like hitting and healing simultaneously is not possible (i.e. how can your mouse be in two places at once????) is stuff that should be banned. You can do that with two independent devices and on one account. Folks who are doing that while they may not yet be detected etc are not competing within the spirit of the rules in my opinion.

It appears however since the Operator has not commented here, that "we" may be wet, that in fact using two devices to hit and heal is fine and dandy. This part is up to "them" to say yea or nea on. I can wait a few more days before I become SUPERKEL!!!!!!

Kirsten likes this.
  7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Your are equally entitled to your opinion, and I'll respect that. Good news for me though is pure logic wins this debate. The use of multiple devices for game play is acceptable. Play on your phone, on your tablet, on your laptop, on your desktop, thru a browser, thru the newer kano app or all the above at the same time if your that talented. The fact that someone chooses to open up two windows on one pc or one window on two pc's accomplishes the same thing and therefor can only be advantageous against someone who doesn't.

By the way, I admit to playing the beta App on my iphone and ipod at the same time too, and if this statement sounds like a mockery of your debate on the matter, it is!

There shall always be suttle and not so suttle differences in person to person game play. Your network speed being the biggest factor, followed by the type of devices you use to access the net. If your still stuck with a TRS80 (look it up) with a connection worse the ISDN (look that up too), dont hate on those that are lucky enough to have quicker machines and speedier access!

Birkebeiner likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

2 Windows on 1 computer is different than using 2 computers IMO, your using extra resources that doesn't lag down comp, or ability to do 2 actions at same time.

Don't even get me started on speed, or quick machine, Not many can beat mine, and I see this chit as well.

speedtest.net
    Capturest.PNG

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  9. Kel the Merciful King

Actually the use of a phone to heal and a computer to hit is using two independent devices that DOES give tremendous advantages as in effect you have a device single focused on one element and another device single focused and you are attacking two spots in the game simultaneously. Not a hard set up to do at all.

If however I were to do this, or anyone else, the bounty board would be cleaned and since we know that cannot be done thanks to CHEATS, who made for the necessity of a bounty delay that becomes a penalty to NON CHEATS, you have no clue of what this CHEATING has done, to everyone. It has discredited valid achievements of some by mixing the CHEATS achievements with them instead of removing them, as those CHEATS caught were in some cases merely suspended for a week.

This is a long weekend in Canada and too late for the Operator to comment here.

Enough said in ignorance of the actual rules of the game as enforced by Kano/Apps.

As I said, I may be wet on this issue and if they let me be SUPER KEL I am not sure I will want to start using the methods of the CHEATS. SUPER C DOG? Oh gosh. Say no more. The spirit of a human skills based competition will be totally lost.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Kirsten

What makes you think most people do not have great internet connections or great speeds, this is not even what the problem is,auto programs to attack and heal,gaming mice programmed to auto click are the problems, just set it and forget it. And I will say it again ,using to computers at the same time to hunt or attack someone is lame and it is is cheating,using a phone,or tablet or any other device to do other things like calendars,bosses,etc come in handy, when on the go.

11. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i see this every day, and i think it stinks. that being said, if it's not against the official "rules", i guess that there is nothing that can be done. i just try to play my game and enjoy it as much as i can, one computer and one tab at a time.

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I see it every day. As a matter of fact, just the other day someone was healing on the list and picking up the hits I put up AND killing me when I was put up myself, all at the same time. Truly amazing how fast some computers can be, isn't it?

13. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i didn't see leveling partners mentioned here. could that be because some of the posters here have them? just wondering.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. The Rage

The Rage Member

Ok Gatman... I have a question for you. So you say that you have multiple devices going at one time and you believe this is ok while other people think it is either lame or considered cheating. What would keep let's say a few people from playing the same account simultaneously? Let's say 3 or 4 room mates. One to attack, one to heal, one to bounty hunt and one to do adventures or look for slap kills. While your tactics may be technically within the rules in your opinion, these are the exact variables that we are trying to get out of the game to make it more fair to the people that play within the Spirit of the game( one person,one mouse,one computer) That is my opinion on this matter as far as multiple devices.

15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i agree with you, Rage. but if it's not specifically against the "rules", there's nothing you can do. it has been like this for years, and it's not going to change now. there are always a few that are going to exploit every loophole that they can (if not outright cheat) to gain an advantage over others. and not just in the game, in life in general.

16. Kirsten

I have always felt that was a loophole to the extent that kano had to limit attacks to 5k against one player,I have never felt that was a legitimate way to play, it just makes for alot of players that Kano cannot keep up with ,as far as new locations and such.

17. Kirsten

Very well put ,agree 100%

18. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

exactly. and the raids are only going to make that worse. even before the raids, there have been regular complaints about new locations for those few that have already gotten to every one, we can all look forward to even more of them now!

Kirsten likes this.
  19. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

Well Mi7ch, as far as I am concerned KANO does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the ones who cheat!!!
    I even sent in PICTURES and all I got was the standard reply.........
    "Thanks for your report, this player has been added to our list of accounts to investigate.
    The use of scripts, bots, and other automations for competitive advantage is not only unfair to other players but also puts users at risk, as many of these kinds of tools hide malware or spyware. "

NOTHING was or has been done to the player to this very day and it was back in January that I sent in my PROOF!!! And how do I know nothing was done???? Because he still plays everyday the same way!!! The way KANO deals with cheats is a JOKE!!!
    And a bad joke at that!! o_O

20. The Rage

The Rage Member

I would also like to add something to what I said. Touchscreens have come up in this discussion also. My take on this is if you use one, use it. If you use a mouse, use it. But I think using both at the same time is like using a mouse in each hand . That is also maybe a loophole, but I am sure you all know what I consider it.

Kirsten likes this.