[LCN] Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Battle arena is the same for all games ,all platforms,always has been same features,same changes. As far as I can tell or know.

2. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I think it would be a good idea to give some points for defense wins, while at the same time reducing the benefit of Defensive Stance. That way, we get rid of this long drawn out affair, yet building for defense actually has some benefits.

Blue Nose likes this.
  3. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

long drawn out affair? it only lasts a day. now that's too long? and defensive stance is basically voided now as it is, so there isn't much (if any) benefit to it as there used to be. giving points for defensive wins won't do anything to significantly increase points (except for alts) or "shorten" the time to less than a day.

4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Yes, because large parts of it are people just waiting. There is probably only 2 hours of actual play for almost everyone. So why does it need to take a day then?
    But people can still use it to grief, even though it doesn't benefit them. So it's the worst of both world: people who build for defense don't benefit from it much and yet can grief people because their anger at the BA changes.

Nonsense, it will clearly benefit people with more defense-oriented builds.

Blue Nose likes this.
  5. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Ok its 2 am here, I stayed up for BA to take part in sudden death. At the end of the brawl phase I had 500m health left and when sudden death started I was just attacking another player at that moment. Right when sudden death started my stats were not reset and I went into sudden death with only half my health. Is this normal or a bug? Like when u attack another player when sudden death starts then ur health is not reset to full like everyone else. I srs want a refund then for wasting my time on this crap.

6. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It's a 'feature.' Sudden death revives people who are dead at that time, but doesn't do anything for players who are still alive.

7. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Have to say I was rather disappointed in the changes to BA. This was the first time I have played since it was all changed.
    So it started at 10pm for me over 900gfs on my account...I was like yup i'll get a couple of hours play then bed at midnight (gone are the days I'd stay up all night to play).
    So then I now realise I have to wait 30 mins to 'Come alive' again which happened twice in the 2 hours of play so basically I got 1 hours play.
    Most of us get 8 hours sleep (Well I need my beauty sleep) and sudden death is only 6 hours away...Lol it doesn't work very well IMO.

Aapje likes this.
  8. Vic

Vic Active Member

it's not even that. i saved up quite a bit of stamina to participate, and i got killed twice before sudden death, so i gave up and still had a bunch of stamina left. defensive stance doesn't even help any more because some players seem to have very strong arena accounts and can just plow right through it like they do with counters.

9. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, i was pretty disappointed with this as well. it seems that if you can't be there at the start of the event, there's not much point in participating. except to give your in game enemies a bunch of xp, which i know we all love to do.

10. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i'm getting ready to bag this, too. the first phase is pointless once most of the players are knocked out. i didn't last very long in sudden death, either, when everyone was revived.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I think there is something to be said for this. I think I got a kill or two and maybe 50k points or so before I got taken out. I haven't bothered to check yet because I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be disappointed, and I'm not sure that I'm going to bother to make the effort going forward.

12. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Defense stance should be lower in general, u could use it as a tactical weapon when u get attacked but not to just lay there for hours while its already clear who has won.

GOING TO CATCH DAVID likes this.
  13. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Why not just get rid of defense stance altogether and just make the opponents attacks less effective when def is high?

14. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

basically, that's what they've done, defensive stance is worthless now.

15. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Agree with Gogolak, defense stance can t help now people to get a better rank, only cliking attacks and refils are doing that!

16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I quit the BA after the change and have no plans to come back personally.

Guardian Angel likes this.
  17. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Im still playing but I dont like it to much, I think should be a mix between old and new Arena to make the things better, and to make the players enjoy Arena like in the past

Blue Nose likes this.
  18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

WEND, same happened to me last time I played..... and I was down to like 300 million health. Several people were posting in the game chat how one of the big hitters were almost dead..... lucky for me I killed a lot and fast to keep bringing my health up as a lot of people were trying to attack me but no one was strong enough to get me and every time I killed someone I was able to bring my health up. The bad thing is people should avoid playing the last hour of brawl as you get penalized at the start of the 2nd half as your health does not come back up.... make sure your "dead" so you get revived full health.

WendelinR likes this.
  19. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

I think they should take the def stance and divide all the times by 10. For example, if you get 120 minutes in def mode, you now get 12 minutes only, but it regenerates in 1/10 of the time as well. and you only lose 30 seconds for leaving def mode and attacking again. This will force people to be present to use def mode, and speed up the game. Too boring watching the last 2 or 3 players sitting in def for the last couple hours.

20. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

That is a good idea, stone :)