KP2 into KP1 Platform Merger

Discussion in 'Ideas not being Considered' started by Kel the Merciful King, Mar 8, 2015.

?

Merge KP2 the Old Myspace with KP1 Facebook, or Let KP2 die nicely in the trend its going?

1. One Battlefield! Merge em! I want to kill em all wherever they are!

81.8%
  2. Let KP2 die on its lonesome with less and less player interest ....zzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzz

18.2%
  1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Being a player on both platforms, KP2 is DEAD v. KP1 (FB).

When Myspace died, KP2 was born but it died out with many players not keeping their accounts and many players are not coming around too often. Or anymore.

Is it time to merge them?

I have had 6 players in the past week when they say hi in FB and i say back to them " too bad its so dead in KP2" ... they say 'wish they would give me my account here' or 'am tired too of there ... wish they would do something' ... well ... armor and kong play on the same battlefield, how about stuffing KP2 and KP1 into the same battlefield at least? Make people choose which accounts they want (can't use both or maybe you can but not at the same time: call it the Kel rule for more action v the cheat's rules which are none!).

The option to merge will die soon with most KP2 player's interests.

Time to put it out there. Merge em, KP1 and KP2 on the same battlefield or let KP2 die on its own?

MobMan and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

I'm on the fence here :p I've got an account on both, but I only play on kp2 o_O
    Would this mean that people from KP2 would have to create a fb account if they already hadn't?

Anyway I've voted for the merge...only because I know it'll never happen lol

3. ben

ben Active Member

mot only that i had a fb acct but they lock it out saying someone tryd to hack it and there is no way i can get back om it ...

4. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

I won't spend a significant amount anymore if I'm not sure what will happen when Kong/Armor dies and there's only 10 players left.
    We all know Facebook platform is there to stay so I do wish to have a Kano statement on merging platforms and especially if my acc can get transfered to a more lively platform if Kong/Armor gets too inactive.

5. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

it'll never happen. for those of you that don't know, the hi5 disaster was a mess. and it has been specifically stated that you are not supposed to have more than one account on the same platform (which is a joke anyway), so anyone that plays on both server 1 and server 2 will lose out.

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Kel the Merciful King

I had heard the Hi5 close up on short notice was a disaster but the end result was some people were happy and some were not. I am not proposing the killing of KP2 to create another Hi5 thing.

I noted Kongregate (Kong) and Armor are two gaming different environments, that play on the same battlefield together. They did start out separate AFAIK. And with dev magic applied, to make viable games out of it, the game operator put the two environments together on the same battlefield.

My idea is not to kill KP2 but to create a common battlefield for KP2 and KP1.

Some folks in KP1 (the game with 10x the users at least) want their KP2 accounts v. KP1 players. Well, why not?

MobMan, AlterEgoT and Snowtiger like this.
  7. Kel the Merciful King

The rigamaroll of the technical details are not supposed to be the concern of a good idea. Let the software developers figure it out.

Rhenkle1 likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I say put it out of its misery, it is not a surprise to anyone that it was never gonna be a big platform once FB was born, Kano prolonged the misery making a place for it as it is,it never really recovered even then and having an account there and on Fb just seems like weird, maybe they can move your guys to kong or armor, which is the same type of network, a total gaming network,not a social network like FB is, some have accounts on both networks already, FB and the old myspace,so a choice would have to be made, so to players that play both places, make the choice. :)

9. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Once upon a time I had a facebook acct but that was years ago, now there is no way I can get on it because I forgot my pass word, no way to get it back, since FB shows you pics of your friends & wants you to name said friends in order to reset your pass word. I added 1000's of friends just for games & have no idea what their names are, be great to have a server where we all could play, just not on FB, I hate FB, it attaches itself to everything you do online, just like spyware, no thanks.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  10. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

lol, people going to where they dont know.. if u have ur account on kp2 u have nothing to do , kano would just mix the players, thats all folks , easy right?

11. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

no no and no i hate FB as it is and they are only becomming more and more strict about every little thing always been against a server merge of these platforms and always will be, the only way id be well tolerable of it is if you use kanoplay then you could play with both s1 and s2 players then if you are on FB then you would only see FB people. but that wont ever happen lol and for obvious reasons

1 star keep em separate where we belong, also no need to have drama cross over from one platform to another another reason would be all 3 platforms have matured and play very diferent from eachother

12. Kel the Merciful King

kano would just mix the players, thats all folks , easy right?

Exactly. Keep your KP2 but battle on the Universal battlefield for both KP1 and KP2

MobMan and Olaf the Awesome like this.
  13. neill1990

if the servers were separate as they are now and mix for events that would be cool...

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's been said that "this can't be done", which find hard to believe. I think the builds are quite a bit different between MS/S2 an FB as well (could be wrong never played MS/S2)

We could just say migrate to FB, then the MS/S2 players will say come over here. (with current accounts on switch over)

I,m not sure all in all, if this is really feasible. Dev's will have to deal with different account's/deleting etc. $ spent as well on each platform.

Then we got people that are worried about top spots on leader board in every category.

I do want to see merger to bring a whole new gaming environment though, as most would.

15. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Merge the two, i say. Don't know if it could be done but Kano should merge the two and those who don't have a FB account (which probably isn't very many) should be able to use their same login. I reckon this is a good idea. Wonder if this thread will catch the devs attention. :p

MobMan likes this.
  16. neill1990

seth why do you think it is a good idea, it would cause alot of problems between players and also what about people like me who play on all 3 platforms? more problems like this kano would have to come up with a solution because alts arent aloud... then there is the problem of why should we go there why dont they just go to kanoplay and play why force us to use our FB wich many hate nowdays because of all the regulations they have been putting up for the bad not the good.

gaming accounts arent aloud there, you have to use your real name or risk getting locked out, people who already play on both and on FB use their FB real name account would have to dicth an account they have spent years on possibly money as well, cant have alt accounts on FB anymore without risking a ban there are more reasons that this would be bad as well this is just the first things that come to mind. not even including the pain kano would have to go through makng the merge happen doesnt just happen by a click of a button i dont think, wich then means they have to further delay content that they want to release meaning more angry players.

i just feel this would do major harm rather then good to kano and could possibly put them out of business because i know several several people will quit the game if this happens

17. Kirsten

The idea has been brought up many times, back years when HI5 went under and then when Myspace announced they were changing their platform and getting rid of gaming there.

18. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i say merge them all together. there are a bunch of fb accounts on kong, anyway, so it's like there are 2 fb platforms. might as well make them all one and ban the multiple accounts, that should fix everything.

19. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I say merge FB/KP1 with KP2!!! I play in both places. I started out on Myspace long ago, and fortunately was asked to try out FB's platform as well several years ago. There were things I liked about both, and therefore kept building my strength in the 2 separate places. However, it is becoming obvious that KP2 is dying and probably wont last much longer. There is very little reason for me to want continue to log in there each day. If I am lucky, there are 1 or 2 alive to battle with, but most times, the place is lifeless. There are still a few great long time players there, but their time spent on the game has dwindled down as well due to lack of any real action going on in the game. I believe if the two platforms were merged that it would not only keep those kp2 players from leaving the game altogether, it would also add more spice to the FB/KP1 platform. Two different sets of people merged would give everyone more competition. I also think it would make good business sense for Kano to do this. People who have spent money on KP2 are finding it pointless to keep on spending considering the game is dying. If the two platforms were merged, I believe they would be more likely to start spending again in order to compete well with some of their new found “friends”. I am not suggesting that people who play in both places already be able to keep both accounts if the two platforms are merged. Give them a choice as to which account they would like to use while playing on the universal battlefield.

Olaf the Awesome likes this.
  20. Kirsten

LOL ,ban the multiple accounts, yeah maybe in an alternate reality,Kano can barely keep up with the ones already existing.