[LCN] Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Got no idea what you've done to the BA but I neither understand it nor enjoy it.

thor persson likes this.
  2. Wow, this really is beyond boring. It's all about how much stam you are willing to drop. No skills needed nor any tactical nouse. Tried it, and completely done with it. I will never enter again. I expected you to screw this feature up also (as last changes have suggested) but I never expected you to completely destroy it. Well done!

thor persson likes this.
  3. ben

ben Active Member

and that is what they have done to ba sorry to say :( i no i will not enter because of the changes kano has put in place ;)

4. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

enough feedback kano? switch back already

Easy To Remember likes this.
  5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

This is the first one with a decent start time, so I could actually play it. I don't get the point of reviving, since the only way to do well is to be there at the start so you can hit AFK players. Later on, pretty much only defense mode players and whales are on, so there is no point to reviving.

I will be asleep during the Sudden Death. So if you keep this format, just get rid of the long delay between the Brawl phase and Sudden Death. Start Sudden Death an hour or two after the Brawl. There is no point to the long time between the phases and it just makes it more likely that people will be asleep or AFK during one of the phases.

Or just switch back.

6. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I am saying the exact OPPOSITE - If you read my Post, I clearly state that it is completely UNFAIR that players with the financial means can essentially refill their Stamina an infinite number of times and ultimately win BA (in other words - paying to win). If this new point system is going to work, it needs tweaked/modified somehow to make it fair (so that people are NOT able to "buy" a win in the BA)! ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  7. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

That is EXACTLY what I mean (and frankly, I do NOT believe that is even a little bit fair, even though I am constantly refilling my Stamina which proves that I am not being biased)! :cool:

8. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

WHY DONT ALL PLAYERS GET RETURNED TO FULL HEALTH AND DEFENSIVE STANCES RESET WHEN THE 2ND PHASE OF THE BATTLE ARENA STARTS???

9. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

No game play (strategy) required in new BA. this really doesnt work. its become a leveling tool for those that want to spend and not an addition to game. you may as well issue a new purchase item.... "XP for sale for 100fp"

thor persson and S E T H like this.
  10. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

true... it is a good leveling tool .. i do think that they should start everyone out at full health for the sudden death though... and award points for what place you die in...rhat would bring back some stragey..otherwise it is a all out offensive godfather fest....

Xipe Totec likes this.
  11. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I didn't even think the xp was good for levelling. I just do not see the point in it whatsoever.

12. Daniel Pejchl

Daniel Pejchl Member

i like it better then the way it was with a few acct that never identify themselves getting 2nd or 3rd that do min attacks..there needs to be changes...1. when the sudden death starts all players need to be reset to full health.. #2 my even pick a name..just pick a char pic and at end all players need identified.... #3 there should be a bonus point reward for stay alive the longest that needs to be added to the total score for reward placement ... or devided rewards... one for sudden death and one for points.. that would work too..

thor persson and Xipe Totec like this.
  13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Agree with this to an extent. I think while before the BA was far too defensive, I think this has far overcompensated for that and it's now far too attack/stamina based. A feature like last time where survival is rewarded would fix that.

I also think the brawl stage is ridiculously long.

If the brawl stayed in but for a period of say an hour and then the "sudden death" worked like the BA previously used to and the scores from the two periods were combined and averaged I think it would be great. It would cater to all loadouts and player styles.

Aapje likes this.
  14. Vic

Vic Active Member

this was exactly my impression, which is why i did not sign up for this one because it started while i was at work. i'm trying to keep an open mind on this. but i haven't decided if these are even worth it any more for a couple of FPs, i can get more than that putting down bosses.

15. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

May aswell turn ALL kano games into games you have to pay to play, it seems that's how it's heading. As so many have said, this new BA is terrible, you can't even get a decent placing without pouring in tons of stamina and unless you're a "nothing but stamina" build, you're going to be refilling tons just to be able to place any good. Switch it back already, kano. Just because some players are high def builds and did min actions then switched to def stance, which other players didn't like because that was their tactic and as a result, a whole section of the game is now screwed. Well done, kano. Top marks.

thor persson likes this.
  16. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

actually, i spent the same amount of stamina this past round as i did before, and my ranking was about the same. you can still get a ranking without spending money. what you can't do is "steal" a win or high ranking by hiding in defensive stance the whole time.

Aardvark and mi7ch like this.
  17. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Who cares if people were hiding in def stance? That was their tactics and people didn't like it so they whined about it. I say good on the ones who have good enough def stance to be able to do that and place well.

thor persson likes this.
  18. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Yeah exactly, their was a system and they spent their time improving their stats and loadout to win in that system. Anyone could have done it.

They've been screwed over by this change. There's no no point in defence whatsoever. It's poorly rewarded at SWs, it's poorly rewarded at Raids and it's useless in the BA.

thor persson, Aapje and S E T H like this.
  19. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Is there any word on the BA? Is it settled how it is now or is there room for manoeuvre?

Recognise it's a lot of work to change this stuff and you can't please every one but it would be good if the BA suited all gamer types. Not just those who are stamina heavy.

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Placing in BA with min of 100 attacks and 5 hours of def mode, is one of the main reasons, things have changed, I have a decent def mode time, but when I join I participate, I don't do what the" fraidy" cats did, I attack get levels and place decently, and that has not changed, with the new features.