[PC] Battle Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I decided to revive one more time... my first fight list had 5 on it... all in defensive stance... next list had 3... then 3 again... then 2.... then 10... this is total bull****.... this is definitely the last BA that I will enter....

2. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

There seems to be a glitch in the target list

3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

• The Battle Arena now lasts 24 hours
    • Battle Arena ranking is determined by Score. Score is earned by attacking other opponents. The more Score you earn, the higher you place!
    • The Battle Arena has two phases: Brawl and Sudden Death. Brawl lasts for eight hours and players have to option to revive and join the fight if they so wish (this is entirely optional during Brawl Phase). Sudden Death does not have revives. Once a player is dead, they are out! At the start of Sudden Death, all unconscious players are brought back into the fight. When a competitor is knocked unconscious during the Brawl phase, they lose 5% of their score.
    • When players are knocked unconscious during Brawl Phase, they are removed from other player's saved target lists.
    • The barrier to entry for the Battle Arena will be lowered to level 250 on all networks.

4. Kirsten

It has been suggested by a few that you should take out the ones in defensive mode, if you are a strong enough player, it is doable.

5. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Well once again Kano has changed their game to benefit folks that pay to play. They don't listen to the council's idea and suggestions and steamroll ahead with whatever their biggest paying player tells them to do.

This version of battle arena is an absolute joke. Play for 2 minutes, die and wait 30 mins so you can play for 2 again? I think I played for a grand total of 15 minutes last night. Anyone notice the winner has almost 300 kills ... wtf. Script anyone??? Can Kano not notice the automation that EVERYONE ELSE does?

Between this change and Raidville being a monthly event you no longer need skill or strategy to level. You just need a valid credit card and the ability to click non-stop. PvP will die out as everyone will just wait for Raidville to get their levels. Boooorrring.

I'll be leaving this game shortly. Between the deterioration of the game play and a medical issue I no longer enjoy the game at all. I do enjoy most of the folks I have met in the past 5 years but Kano has lost all credibility ignoring what the players have been telling them for years.

thor persson and TheLoved1 like this.
  6. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

When they have 1.25 billion health? Even from only 600 million health, it would take about 6000 attacks to kill when doing only 100000 per attack... a better solution would be to DISABLE def mode during a brawl...

This BA, I made only 1500 attacks, had 2 kills, and finished 65th... previously, I averaged 16 kills per arena, with 11500 attacks to finish about the same... I've been in this game for over 5 years now. And this has me thinking of finding a different game to pass my time with. the game has really gone downhill in the past year...

Westcoast Gurl and Sean Lewis like this.
  7. Kirsten

I was just repeating what One player complaining said over and over to do, For me the Arena is not my focus, I like the daily game not events that occur one or twice a month, but I am not pleased with the raids.

Westcoast Gurl likes this.
  8. Kirsten

Well I for one am interested now in who won the FB PC arena, I know who didn't also , well actually not that interested lol

9. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Here's some math for you - the winner of the arena played maybe 5 hours (we know as he was offline at midnight):

Wins + losses = 53,210.
    Divided by 5 hours = 10,642 clicks per hour
    Divided by 60 mins = 177 clicks per MINUTE.
    Divided by 60 secs = 3 clicks per second

Does ANYONE know any humans that can click 3 times per second for 5 hours straight? I know I could manage that for maybe 15 mins - but 5 hours?

Does Kano NOT see the automation every else does?

thor persson and George Burd like this.
  10. Kirsten

So who won ?

11. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

If scores are the only concern now, through hitting on others, and last man standing no longer matters, why are the last contenders at a stand still instead of firing their cannons for more score points? Do hits increase the score during sudden death? (And, does a kill during brawl stage count for anything acquiring extra score points? I heard that they don't show up on the stats as a kill.)

12. Kirsten

Mine showed up as kills, and still do. Maybe they are in def mode, the Fb one has been over since I got up today. I didn't play after the first half hour, sudden death was gonna happen when I was sleeping, but I did well for when I played. I understand health bonus happen during sudden death with a kill, at least that is what I read, somewhere.

13. ben

ben Active Member

what i heard its showing no fight list to the ones that are left on kp2 pc ba ...

14. ben

ben Active Member

shows 11 still alive

15. Chasity

It shows 9 left in Armor/Kong, so you're right; may be a glitch. Somebody else posted here on a different thread:http://forums.kanoapps.com/posts/123202/ . I see my kills on my BA stats, but not sure if the ones that I acquired while brawling will make it over to my profile stats, per what I read.

16. Kirsten

Wow so two players tell kano what to do, amazing :p

17. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Money talks Kristen ...

18. Kirsten

And BS walks ;) honestly if money did that big spenders in in VC would have their way also but seriously if two players,who play one game on one platform can get changes made across 4 platforms and 4 games had the power to get changes they never asked for let alone a lot of other players doesn't that seem to be a bit of a stretch:p

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  19. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I think KANO was looking to make changes to the Arena long before it was ever talked about here. The point system is cool, gets rid of the turtles, I just don't like the idea of revivals and a second half to the Arena (sudden death) that starts 7 hours after the Arena starts. To me it should be just short and intense. Go in there and start fighting till one is left standing.

Chasity likes this.
  20. Chasity

Hot Diggety Dog! The kills during brawl do show up on the stats afterwards. :rolleyes:

George Burd likes this.