Leveling by cheating.

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Reefer, Jan 22, 2015.

?

Should leveling by cheating be allowed?

1. Yes

23.5%
  2. No

76.5%
  3. Don't Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

let 'em cheat, who cares?

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes it is my opinion and I tell my friends who do it they are lame. lol

The Navigator likes this.
  3. This question is very vague and the way it is worded the only correct answer is no. What kind of cheating is the poll referring to? BOT's? Alts? Shared accounts? Leveling partners (is that cheating?)? You might want to narrow the type of cheating you are asking about.

S E T H, Angela Brown and George Burd like this.
  4. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

if you mean a leveling partner.. well i dont see that as cheating.. its 2 people who make an agreement to beat eachother up in order to reach a new level! fighting is still fighting ! bots yes thats cheating and shouldnt be allowed!

Justin Cartier likes this.
  5. I agree with you Angela. Refreshing to have and individual expression of opinion shared here. I prefer to "chain" my fight feed as they say. Ive never seen a leveling partner ambush or list when they get frustrated.

Angela Brown likes this.
  6. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

Not every style of game play is going to be agreed upon by the masses. Boosting each other by fighting your own mobbies is acceptable. I just spent 2000 stam to boost one of my syndicate member's into his new city. We all share in his new boss. Its a win win! It is a totally acceptable game play style in my book. It's only wrong if both accounts involved are owned by the same user (Cheating).

7. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

"Should leveling by cheating be allowed?"
    This is a useless poll, as currently labeled. Cheating shouldn't be allowed. However Boosting shouldn't be considered cheating when done by 2 or more DIFFERENT players!

Justin Cartier likes this.
  8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agreed GATMAN, I've help out many friends for this reason, never spent own stamina though. But have let them wail on me for certain achieves whether be certain lvl, boss, empire, etc.

9. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Well... I guess you're right. But it's not the same thing as fighting "real" people, rivals. As if you agree to lose a football match to give the other team the trophy.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I've never really leveled, but to help out a friend that want's certain acheive that day, I will help them out. What goes around, comes around.

11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I agree. If you want to ban level partners or sharing a boss with one person (both not alts), then make a poll or idea to find out if there is support for that. Then if Kano wants to forbid it, that should be communicated clearly first and punishment can come after.

But this poll just assumes that something is cheating that is not clearly forbidden now and that many players do not see as cheating. You can't simply punish a large number of players who aren't aware that they are doing something wrong.

12. Agreed Gatman, glad we could get fuzzie there!

13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I'm not entirely sure how much of this actually goes on. Bear in mind that if you had an alt you beat while attacking and while they attacked you the alt would quickly become useless as the xp gained would be so low and it's not like you can magic up a new, higher level alt.

I could be wrong and if I am, of course it needs to be stopped.