BA

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by poker, Feb 11, 2015.

1. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Thanks. That was exactly what I was asking. And it stinks. that means I gotta come back at and revive ahead of ba instead of sleeping before work :/

Yeah I'm really really hating this one.

The underlying premise was a nifty idea. But different people playing different schedules it's just too long.

Yeah I understand this gives a greater number a chance to participate but now very very few can actually play the arena. Most of us are stuck choosing between one or the other.
    24 hours a day -8 sleep (yeah who gets 8 but still) -8 work - 16 hours BA =0 IF you can time the ba around work and sleep.

So ok you don't have to play all 16 hours. but you get the drift. You have to have the arena land just in between the two work/sleep to play both parts and already we see folks go dead and don't bother to revive since 5% can be a lot of loss. Then you subtract the Defense riders and by the time you near the end there are 5 playing + whatever folks just woke up.

The timing just does not work.

Even if you have your full def avail you ahve to enable it. so you Still have to be here at the start of sudden death because if you die before you can play you are done and it doesn't matter that it's 8 hours.

I guess we shall see just what getting all those early points does. and how many points folks can feasibly rack up in the second half. And how that plays out.

I'm sorry this might be nothing but meaningless rambling. Clicking for hours straight and nothing but clicking tends to drain a person.

2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I know this is a ZS thread, but it is all the same(on this situation). Not sure why the whole def stance doesn't reset for sudden death, if below your def time.

If enable def at start= enable it upon 2nd version(sudden death) IMO. with full perk.

The the 8 hour gap is quite a bit to do so.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  3. RealPog

RealPog Member

well done was very funny :p:p:p:p:p

set up really works and the exp was amazing ;);););)

even coming in late was still able to get a good amount of kills no snipping at all

all in all great fun and way better than the other format too many riding this out for free and EXPECTING to win , even worse to rank when the dont ,,add any value other than their def time

GREAT business model....but there again YOU ARE A BUSINESS.
    dont mind them bellyaching...they coasted off you for too long and now expect to keep been rewarded:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:):):):):):):):):):)

4. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

This is supposed to be a free game with pay to play options. Until it becomes strictly a pay to play game then the bonus aspects should be made fair to everyone. Not just the people who spend the most. I did spend 250 UN on this arena and thought the xp payouts were very low. The format before this one was the best as it let people who spent place well and gave others who didn't a chance. A lot of people spent years building their character for defense and better defensive times in Battle Arena. To have that be rendered almost obsolete is pretty unfair in my opinion.

Aapje, kevinmalo, Xtina and 2 others like this.
  5. RealPog

RealPog Member

Meh

A lot of ppl built great health it was removed,,,,to help those that didnt ...but wanted same thing

A lot of ppl got use to getting everything handed to them...free levels or rapid leveling at events for low cost

Thing is ..nothing is gauranteed . Either way ..kano has your cash ...
    just because you randomly spent it....dosent gaurantee you a win ...its funny you find that concept hard to swallow

Building for def was ...your downfall....?. but hey you chose how to build

And your still paying to play kanos game thats a huge win for them.
    But your not worried about been fair to them ....you want to win for free:(

Kirsten likes this.
  6. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

I dont expect to win everything. Ive played long enough to realize that's not possible. And nothing was handed to me. I've worked just as hard for my levels as others have for theirs. All im saying is in a FREE game with pay to play options things should be fair for everyone. And that the last format of battle arena did just that. Certainly more so than this one. Building for defense wasn't a downfall. I'm still alive in arena right now. :) Just seems unfair to a lot of people to have it become worthless overnight. And yeah the health boosts hurt a lot of people. Guess it just becomes a matter of adapting....doesn't mean we have to like it.

Xtina likes this.
  7. AlterEgoT

Nearing the end and this is what it boils down to.

It's not fun.

The glitches are beyond frustrating.

It's expensive.

BA was/is a fun event above all. Yeah a lot of folks level off it (I personally actually level better of bosses etc but hey people do)

But quite frankly now. It really just feels like the first 8 hours is mindless clicking. Yes you CAN hurt the others slayers by knocking them unconscious but it just feels lame. THere is no immediate kill thrill so to speak.

The other BA's were too long with the defenses as they were and now they are extended.

Maybe I can rephrase it to make it make sense. BA is a fast past event. after the initial all out it always became tedious as you waited for 4 hours for things to come out of def. By the time they did you just wanted it over.

With this one you pretty much feel like you are in that wait mode the entire first 8 hours. And by 4 hours folks stopped regenerating.

Sudden death seemed fun but I only got to play a very little bit of that and we are all currently waiting for folks to come out of defense.

I can already tell you by looking around, the results will be similar. Do you understand why Kano? it's because the folks that finish in the top are the ones willing to invest. Both time and money. And trying to change that is silly. They ought to win. They spent hours and hours clicking. They spent the un. Why would anyone try to change it so the one that comes sit for a few minutes and leaves beats someone that plays it hard?

It might be a fun event, but there is some major tweaking to be had.

8. L1LOne

L1LOne Active Member

I ll be brutally honest Kano. It wasn't any fun for me, I played in the "brawler" stage, and was very disappointed in the exp per attack / points, seeing how most if not every single attack I made was only 1-10 points.
    Didn't even get to play in the SD round, although not sure it would made much of any difference. I spent quite a few UN's on it, the exp or the points just wasn't there for me.
    Attacks 11,313
    Kills 21
    Wins 3,224
    Losses 662
    Biggest Attack 7,083,574 damage

Isn't bad, but not nearly as good, as I thought I would do. After all this was said and done, I barely skimmed 1.5 level ups, 60UNs later.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    Xtina, AlterEgoT and Tony Cecil like this.
  9. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

it doesn't really matter. inactives are still getting rankings, just not within the top 50 anymore. there is still not much of an incentive to be active, unless you're dying to get that extra FP.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  10. AlterEgoT

Thank you for the help. the def thing was fine. HOWEVER, the surviving members going into BA not having their health regenerated was a total gyp. Once again active folks who play as intended were punished.

11. AlterEgoT

The net of all the BA changes for me is.

Those that invest the time/money finish on top. (They should)
    The more they mess with it the less fun it's becoming. (Slayer all over the place is a headache, extending the time just takes the fun out)

Quite honestly this is what I feel. Right wrong or indifferent.

Changing ba, fw and rb. Isn't going to magically regenerate the game that is quickly dying. Only going back to basics will. Looking at things like how many are dead 95% of the time. How quickly folks run out of things to do. etc.

we get 41 attacks. on the 2 or 3 things that bother to heal.
    We get a handful of clicks on outbreaks depending on energy
    we get a handful of clicks on outrageous bosses with very little to gain
    So we hunt. IF anyone can find something not dead to list. and IF attacks actually go through on the list. and IF you can see them.

So really it's a moot point as to how is the ba. It's less fun now. But we can click for longer. Shrug.

Xp needs to be adjusted. scoring needs to be adjusted. and for the love of all that is good in the world get rid of 186 slayers in gray and black.

the rest really doesn't matter. BA, FW, RB. the game dies while we all try to gain some xp. so w/e.

12. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Hope kano could understand what they are doing.. but they dont want to listen us.. so sad

13. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

After all the negative and some positive feedback i think they will tweak it some and we will have another version to try.

14. xQUARTiCx

xQUARTiCx New Member

I'm happy with the new BA. I like the new format better than the old one, even if I most likely won't do as well next time as I did this time. I wasn't around for the Sudden Death part - I had to work - so I don't know how many minutes I survived, but I brawled as much as I possibly could during the first 8 hours - which was the whole point? - to accumulate as many points as possible. I killed/knocked out 14 people, had 11,500+ attacks and leveled 17 times, so I guess the XP payout was okay for me. I didn't spend 1 single UN for a refill, because I didn't have to. The only thing I could complain about - if anything - is the time between re-spawning, because I spent most of my BA brawling being knocked out. But even that was bearable really.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

they should bring back old arena ..
    If you want to level do raids...

16. cooterbrown

cooterbrown Active Member

Why do raids to level if your over level 2k you wont level. You could level in ba before the changes now it cost just as much as it does to level with raid bosses.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  17. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Oh my bad... that was meant to be for PC and VC games..
    and yes... ba another level up event in ZS so boring.. raids seem a bit better than arena now as they give you drops.. but if they are not superior its just a waste of resources .. better arena... frustrated by the SYSTEM! kano... lol

18. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

meh my only gripe was the xp...before using 1300 stamina in arena meant i'd level with spare stam...tried this arena, used 3670 stamina...got less than 2 levels out of it. *shrugs* just another event to bother with i spose :p

AlterEgoT likes this.
  19. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

yeah SSO the xp payout was dismal, i spent 50UN for 1.5 lvls so i didnt spend anymore, whats the point...

cooterbrown and L1LOne like this.
  20. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Bet you've still signed up for the next one though lol.

We can all complain as much as we want about how it's changed...but if everyone's still playing it...why would they change it back?

AlterEgoT likes this.