Characters....

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by S E T H, Feb 11, 2015.

1. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

If we own more than 1 or 2 characters, why is it that we can change once every 24 hours for free then after that it costs 5 fps if we want to change in that time period? Should be free to change character as much as we like considering we paid to get them in the first place.

doreesky1 and George Burd like this.
  2. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

I did ask this a while ago via support and they said they would be making it clearer as to why this happens. As of yet i haven't seen anything posted about it.

S E T H likes this.
  3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

are you talkin about the change of clothes or the chars with stamina att bonuses?

4. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

With some luck, this post will get enough responses to get there attention. I find it pretty ridiculous we have to pay to swap characters after we already paid to get them.

kevinmalo likes this.
  5. foxysiren

I was shocked lol I thought i was actually stuck with a lower rate character than I had paid for

S E T H likes this.
  6. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Characters in general. For instance, i own all 3 characters in the middle tier in LCN but if i want to change within 24 hours of already swapping, i have to pay 5 fps. See Screen snip for example...

Attached Files:

7. George Burd

wow hmm I never thought about tjis before, do you recieve all the char bonuses? or do you only get the bonuses for the one you have equiped?

8. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

You only get to use the bonuses for the current equipped character, the way i see having all 3 is my current one, knuckle duster, great for bosses and fights due to faster stam, the double agent, great for jobs and extra cash from jobs and the vigilante, great for raids, bosses, fights and jobs so a good all rounder. I usually have vigilante equipped during raids because of the faster stam and energy, only downside to it, it slows income to an hour, where as the other 2 are every 40 minutes for income. I have methods to my madness. LOL

George Burd likes this.
  9. foxysiren

You should be able to switch between them as and when you like seeing as the player has purchased them

George Burd and S E T H like this.
  10. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

Exactly right. Agree 100%

11. George Burd

I am going to have to agree here you purchased the characters, you should be able to switch when you want for free. you can change your loadout as you see fit

S E T H likes this.
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

When character switching was introduced, we added in the increasing cost for switching as away to prevent any potential abuse that could arise from players switching back and forth between characters, since each character has different abilities.

George Burd likes this.
  13. George Burd

I have to disagree here Mi7ch, they are purchasing additional content if the devs see a serious potential abuse they could adress that seperatly. someone might want the attack boost during the day and increases energy build during down time

edit just as I may want to run a att load when doing bosses or a def load when i am offf oo i used a edit instead if a new post lol

14. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

What potential abuse could there be, mitch? Please enlighten us. Personally, i can't see how switching between characters could be of any abuse.

15. George Burd

there are always ways to abuse, just because you havent thought of them doesnt mean they arent there

16. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

I understand that but there always was around people abusing too, for example, if someone is found to be "abusing" the use of characters, that player/s get banned from swapping for a period of 48 hours, a penalty of some sort could be used or set a limit to the amount of times the characters can be swapped for free to say, 3 or 6 times day dependant on the amount of characters owned.

George Burd likes this.
  17. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i cant see any way to abuse it but u never know... but as seth said just limit the changes no need to charge...

18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I can't see any abuse in this, if bought it should be free of charge to swap. Only abuse would be to KANO's pocket's.
    Remove it IMO. 10 STARZ.
    What's abuse on this Mitch? a few stam/energy/coin a day? It's miniscule, compared to the price they bought them for.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is the first time we've allowed players to switch their characters so we wanted to make sure that systems were in place to prevent instances we couldn't predict and preserve gameplay balance just in case allowing players to switch characters freely didn't have unintended consequences. We felt that it was better to be safe than sorry.

That said it is coming up on a year now, so I will see if the developers are open to loosening these restrictions.

doreesky1 and George Burd like this.
  20. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I only have one character but I have to side with Seth here.

If they have paid for different characters I think they should be allowed to switch at will.