[PC] Battle Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Pretty much Chasity, because can reheal every 30 mins in 1st 8 hrs. All in all, defense stance can only be used as a deterrent now when under heavy attacks, to get people off your butt LOL.

Chasity and George Burd like this.
  2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

yes if yourkilled you wait 30 minutes and come back in killing, watch the score you get while hitting it can change quite a bit between people, if they are in def it will e very low like 5 score points. the first stage is wear you can build score, when you die you do take a score penalty of 5% I think

Chasity likes this.
  3. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

That only works depending on your level and what level they are. Cent the high levels don't really care.

4. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

They should just do away with it in the first 8 hours.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Nah, can't take it all away, maybe points earned if someone attacks you and lose while in defense mode LOL, now that would be funny and a game changer back to defense builds. :confused: I never made my character to suit arena, as no one should have.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  6. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

stolen from one of my older posts: In my ADD mind of blabberings, I stumbled across a interesting notion. If % of skills allocated in att, def, and health symbolizes the training that viking has done in a particular area, then why does someone trained in attack have a infinite amount of energy to attack with? certainly a viking would tire more quickly hacking and chopping then he would say, blocking and ducking. This has all popped into my head with all the recent arena changes. "But we cant attack forever, we are limited by stamina, so nyah!" Right you are my furious attacking friend, but you can buy more, (insert evil laugh here) Should defensive stance not be based on stamina as well? Lose 1 stamina for every hit, when your out of stamina your defensive stance ends? I can hear the foul cries already, the thought of balance and equality boooo hisss, just a thought to those who would listen

7. ben

ben Active Member

mi7ch it wiped out the up coming arena and set it for the 18 now

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

As stated in my original post:

"Please note that due to the necessities of changing the schedule over, the Battle Arena on February 11 will not be running. We did this to get all of the remaining games switch over to the new schedule and format in February and we would have had to wait until later in March to switch Pirate Clan over."

This is the way it was supposed to be the whole time, just Kong and KP2 did not receive the new time due to a error in the code. :)

George Burd likes this.
  9. ben

ben Active Member

but it took everyone that join it and put in the 18 one - so are u saying kano is forcing people in it by doing that ???

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The February 11 Battle Arena was not supposed to have been opened for registration, we are simply correcting an error. We announced the change and the effective date as well as the fact that we would be skipping the February 11 Arena last week. We aren't attempting to force anyone to do anything, they are now registered for the correct Battle Arena that we announced and put in the news section in game as well as the TGIF.

Chasity likes this.
  11. ben

ben Active Member

im sorry but it should of not put everyone in it it should of been 0 ;) and leave the choice to the players ..

12. ben

ben Active Member

no where in the tgif say ya was going to do that

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF February 2 -6, underneath the GearJam and above the Support Report is an announcement that we're changing the format and the schedule on February 18, which links to the pertinent post.

14. ben

ben Active Member

far as everyone new the one on the 11 was still going to take place ... not a thing was said bout removing it ... it was out to join way before u posted any thing far as the new changes ... but now ya remove it and put everyone wlo join the 11 ba and put them in the new ba for the 18 ... ;) would u call this forging it down there throats or should it be set at 0 ;)

Justin the killer likes this.
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

When the lobby was created, it was supposed to be the 18 and when the changes were pushed by the developers I notified the community as I stated above. Unfortunately, the Arena displayed February 11 even though it contained the format and schedule change as outlined in the post. Even though it stated it would happen on the 11 (contrary to this post which contained the correct information and was made widely available), it would have played out with the same format changes and would not have been the "old" Arena style anyways.

It is unfortunate that the time was displayed incorrectly, but we fixed that as soon as we were able (this was only the case on KP2 and Kong, FB had the correct date the whole time). Everything else, like the date and new schedule, were implemented correctly and specified in the news post.

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  16. ben

ben Active Member

i beleve i make a very fair state ment when i said should it be set at 0 and let the players have the free choice in joining it ... its 8 days away u no

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Mitch said , if I read it right the arena is gonna be the same on the 18th as it would have been on the 11th, and if that is so, why the big hub bub??

George Burd likes this.
  18. Strangely enough BA in this format has become MORE popular with more than 2,000 players now participating. Given that the BA format in Pirates struggles to reach 700 players one suspects the proof will be in the pudding. Personally I like the changes and enjoy the challenges the new format presents. To the whiners, go get some cheese, to those uncommitted give it a go, it's fun and frustrating at the same rime and the format works well.

Kirsten likes this.
  19. ben

ben Active Member

u missed the point kirsten... the ba set for ihe 11 was out for players to join way before anything came out for any changes ... and u dont play kp2 to no that ty

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

PC is PC no matter what platform, though and you had to know it was coming , I usually don't join till the day of arena's to be sure I am gonna be able to play.( that works also in case there is a change) If it was set for the 11th for PC it was set for all platforms, No?? I am just asking. But good luck with however it goes down :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    George Burd likes this.