[PC] Battle Arena Format and Schedule Change Effective February 18

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 6, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello Mateys!

On Wednesday February 18, we will be making changes to both the format and the scheduling of the Battle Arena. The Battle Arena for Pirate Clan will now run every other Wednesday on the alternating time slots of 10:00 am Pacific and 4:00 pm Pacific. These times are not set in stone and after a couple of runs we will look at adjusting the time slots if they prove to be inconvenient for the majority of our players.

Here is what the schedule will look like for the first few weeks so you can get an idea:

Wednesday February 18 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday March 4 at 10:00 am PST
    Wednesday March 18 at 4:00 pm PST

The new Battle Arena format can be found below. This update has been through a few iterations on Viking Clan and has been tuned with player feedback to strike a balance between our goals for the feature and what the players found fun about the "old" version.

• The Battle Arena now lasts 24 hours
    • Battle Arena ranking is determined by Score. Score is earned by attacking other opponents. The more Score you earn, the higher you place!
    • The Battle Arena has two phases: Brawl and Sudden Death. Brawl lasts for eight hours and players have to option to revive and join the fight if they so wish (this is entirely optional during Brawl Phase). Sudden Death does not have revives. Once a player is dead, they are out! At the start of Sudden Death, all unconscious players are brought back into the fight. When a competitor is knocked unconscious during the Brawl phase, they lose 5% of their score.
    • When players are knocked unconscious during Brawl Phase, they are removed from other player's saved target lists.
    • The barrier to entry for the Battle Arena will be lowered to level 250 on all networks.

All other Battle Arena mechanics are the same (with the exception of Kill Rewards, which are only earned in Sudden Death). The Help doc will be updated for the new Battle Arena which should hopefully answer any more questions you might have.

We wanted to give you guys plenty of notice before rolling out these updates. These are a lot of changes at once so apprehension is natural, but these changes are a week out so there is time to adjust. :)

Please note that due to the necessities of changing the schedule over, the Battle Arena on February 11 will not be running. We did this to get all of the remaining games switch over to the new schedule and format in Febraury and we would have had to wait until later in March to switch Pirate Clan over.

2. ben

ben Active Member

as i said i am very aware of the changes

3. Hooray for more whale candy! I'm done with the battle arena, thanks.

4. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I gave up BA in viking clan, as it is not even recognizable as BA. Now i am sad i missed the last PC arena, as it was the last arena. :(

5. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

once again, those that pay to play have the advantage ...

6. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

rate it 1 star so they know we dont like it...

7. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to the 2/11 Battle Arena; sorry to hear it is scrapped! :‘(
    A huge part of the fun of BA is getting the kills. Please reconsider, & make the "kills" during the 1st 8 hrs count on the pirate's stats, as I will be in bed after most BAs 8hrs in!!! :)

8. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

the one next week is scrapped? it's still asking me to sign up for it in game

9. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think you get the point in all those little faces. Why go and keep screwing something up even more if its not in need of fixing. Bad idea. So here is my solution i have a decent amount of defense time i will go in for sudden death mode do the required hits and be done with it where i place is where i place. And kudos even more for brawl mode and allowing the levelers of the game to be able to get mass amounts of battle drops and just screw the game even worse then its going.

ben and thor persson like this.
  10. Chasity

M7tch announced it inthe final paragraph: "Please note that due to the necessities of changing the schedule over, the Battle Arena on February 11 will not be running. We did this to get all of the remaining games switch over to the new schedule and format in Febraury and we would have had to wait until later in March to switch Pirate Clan over."

11. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

oh. they should probably take the message down in game then. so i get screwed out of a free ranking for doing nothing. oh well. at least i have 3 days to sign up before they take it down to get the free xp :cool:

12. Chasity

Do ya think we'll get extra exp pts for signing up for the "scrapped" armada? (Or, will that list of signed up ones be automatically signed up for the 2/18 BA?)

13. Chasity

If the winner is based on amount of stamina used, instead of last man standing, it is no longer a gladiator style battle arena. :(

ben, thor persson and George Burd like this.
  14. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

why not? the link is still posted for next week. that would be really crappy if they allowed us to sign up but not give us the xp because of their mistake

15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

but then again, i wouldn't be surprised if what you said was exactly what happened (no xp for joining next week and automatically signed up for 2 weeks from now)

16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

it is based on points now.

17. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:;);):):):D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:oops::D:confused::mad::mad:;):):):eek::oops:o_O:):):rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::p:p:D:D:(;):(:mad::mad::mad::D:D:eek::eek:o_Oo_O:D:D:p:p:confused::confused::confused::mad:;);):):);):mad::p:p:eek::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::D:D:p:confused::(:):):):):(:confused::D:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O:oops::oops::eek::D:D:cool::confused::D:rolleyes::cool::(:cool::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Sorry having a mental breakdown over here trying to wrap my head around something useless once again.

thor persson, Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

LOL ya nut

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Jon this is why I am reading all forums now, noone was in vc to back me when this arena was being tested and discussed, well a few were, but not near enough

20. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

the changes are to stop turtle wins but hurt any high defense player

thor persson likes this.