Introduce God bounties on Kongregate / Armor

Discussion in 'Implemented Ideas' started by Aapje, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The hitlist is really too empty for Mob Wars on Kongregate/Armor. I've heard that other Kano games/platforms have the system list inactive accounts. Can we get the same?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I would like to have this happen and I've asked about it for a while, however there are certain challenges posed by bringing this system to Kongregate and Armor.

I still think it's a good addition to have and I'll continue inquiring. :)

Mabest, The Navigator, Jess and 2 others like this.
  3. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Can you clarify that those challenges are or at least give a hint? Are they technical issues, possible abuse or some other category?

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The last time I asked, the developers were worried about possible abuse. That was a while ago though, and strides have been made towards addressing what they were concerned about.

5. Vic

Vic Active Member

probably the same type of uncurbed abuse regarding the ones already going up now

cricket_jumper likes this.
  6. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

great idea! let's put up even more hits only 3 percent of the players can get. no thanks.

The Navigator likes this.
  7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

If more go up, it's easier for non-botters to get some.

Lasinagol likes this.
  8. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

The chances go up some, but it takes an 'itchy clicker finger' and answering a 'simple' math problem a couple of times for me to even have a chance at getting one. And, that is when there aren't many people on. Still net one every now and then, think this would be a great idea.

9. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

if you're answering a math problem, doesn't that mean that you've already collected a bunch of hits? what about those that can't even click on the button when it pops up because someone else has already grabbed it? sounds like "math problems" are not the issue here, you have to cheat to get them at all

The Navigator likes this.
  10. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

No it doesn't mean you have already 'collected a bunch of hits' it means youve pushed the hitlist/bounty tab a certain amount of times. Why do you have to cheat to get hl kills?

11. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I get the math problems just trying to score one bounty. Sure, I score a couple of hits, but other people usually get the kill.

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It sounds to me that you are not using the right strategy. To have a good shot at bounties, you can't really wait until the hitlist button gets shown. You need to obsessively click on the 'hitlist' link over and over again, until one pops up and then move your mouse fast and start clicking.

The math problem shows up after you have clicked the 'hitlist' link half a billion times, to stop people from just running a bot and then leaving their PC while it works. But non-botters get it too, since it just counts the number of clicks on 'hitlist'.

Anyway, the big downside to this strategy is that it can take 10 minutes or longer for a bounty to show up, which make you sit there clicking the 'hitlist' link like a crazy ape, getting frustrated. If more bounties go up, this becomes less frustrating (and there is less incentive for people to run bots).

13. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

exactly. if this is the strategy that has to be used, then you all can have the hits. and i have a feeling that not everyone is sitting there physically clicking for 10 minutes or more at a time...

The Navigator and Lasinagol like this.
  14. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I hope the devs had a good weekend and are gonna look into this

15. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i'm sure they will. i expect this will be rolled out within 30 days. you know, to give the cheaters and spenders something to do.

16. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I love playing the bounty board & am all for it (Davy Jones bounties, for Pirate Clan, that is)! :)

George Burd likes this.
  17. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This is a brilliant idea. The list is dead and dominated by a select few as it stands.

George Burd likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Zombie Slayer, Viking Clan and Mob Wars: LCN will now have "god bounties" on Kongregate and Armor Games! Due to the smaller pool of candidates to draw from, only one person will be listed at a time. Times between listing will vary by game.

Pirate Clan won't be receiving this update right now because the available list of inactive accounts is too small, even if we change some of the thresholds. We can re-evaluate this further down the line.

Mabest, The Navigator and George Burd like this.
  19. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Finally, thank you! Can you tell us how many bounties get listed per hour? Is there a certain frequency?

20. cricket_jumper

cricket_jumper Well-Known Member

Man alive - us Pirates cant catch a break, can we?! There arent enough actual active players in the game, problem number 1, leads to problem number 2 of not enough inactives??!!! That just rubs salt in the wound. Yesterday, I was sat with 1 other person in Pirates for over an hour. 2 active players on Kong. 2?! I cant remember the last time I saw more than 20 people on either. Maybe if something could be done to promote Pirates on Kong ( I know we need a game score of 3.85 for that to happen... but based on the fact no-one ever comes over, that number isnt going to increase anytime soon!), then we would have more natural listings because of more active players. I know we are a small community, but we are a small and passionate one - dont forget about us... please?!

Mabest and George Burd like this.