[VC] Battle Arena Schedule Change Effective February 11

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 3, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hello Vikings!

Next Wednesday, February 11, we will be making changes to the scheduling of the Battle Arena. The Battle Arena for Viking Clan will now run every other Wednesday on the alternating time slots of 10:00 am Pacific and 4:00 pm Pacific. These times are not set in stone and after a couple of runs we will look at adjusting the time slots if they prove to be inconvenient for the majority of our players.

Here is what the schedule will look like for the first few weeks so you can get an idea:

Wednesday February 11 at 10:00 am PST
    Wednesday February 25 at 4:00 pm PST
    Wednesday March 11 at 10:00 am PST
    Wednesday March 25 at 4:00 pm PST

George Burd likes this.
  2. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

At least now it doesn't conflict with this weeks Guild War. Thank you for the heads up!

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I hope this lets some of our over the seas folks get a shot at more play time

4. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I like it being on just one time a week and also the hours. Cents it's 1 pm and 7 pm for me. It still it's that good for those that will have to be on throw the night. Like some that it would be 10 pm and 4 am. We just have to wait and see how it goes in the months to come.

5. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Will you guys also be sure not to have the Raid Bosses the same time as Guild Wars or Battle Arena also?

6. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

thats a great idea

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  7. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Ummm!! Think the devs should reconsider the restrictive start times and add another slot.. Absolutely no good to the European day worker at all.. After the recent changes to BA, the tournament has started to settle into a general pattern.. You start the k/o phase get maybe 10/15 mins of fun b4 being tracked down by Mr 'Multi Player' account (you know the guy that gets 40 odd kills in the first 10 mins of play) hide/die come back after half an hour for another 10 mins.. Doesn't take long to get found as those in def enabled are quickly bypassed. Little in the way of points value so to speak.. This carries on for 8hrs until you get to 'Sudden death'..

Now this is where the game comes into its own.. Gone are the non combatants hiding in def mode and it takes a while to thin the field out b4 getting to the online users..

It is at this point where the majority of middle and lower ranked users can actually enjoy and benefit from the construct.. To me 'Sudden Death' will occur mid week at 0200 and 0800 UTC.. So at no point will I and others like me be able to play this section of the format..

If possible could we also add a 10pm PST slot or even better to suit the world in general (so everyone gets a chance of sudden death) do it from 0600 1400 and 2200.. Just makes perfect sense to me

8. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

The truth is, KANO wants things good for them. I did post about this before and they stay do what's best for their time.

9. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

thanks for the heads up, now i know that i don't have to save up daily rewards for the next week and i can use them on bosses instead

10. Yep, it isn't great at all for in the UK either. Not only do the times mean we have to stay up all night if we want to play but it's always on a week day when most of us are at work the next day!!
    It was far better choosing random days so we all had a chance of 'catching a day off'.
    But surely, having 12 hours between the two days each month gives everyone a fair chance to battle!!!

Lawskar likes this.
  11. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Why start a thread leave one message then don't get back to users .. What a complete waste of my time mi7ch

12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You posted your response on the weekend, and it was a long one at that. A delay in response from Kano is to be expected.

As I stated in my original post, the Battle Arena will run at those times for a few events, after which we can look at changing the times if need be.

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  13. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

first of all there was no need to change everyones arena start time to the only one damn time wich will riun those that play more than one of your games, it was good as it was imo, your devs really need to take a break... and FOCUS!!! on more important things..

George Burd likes this.
  14. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

well this sucks major ass....the ONLY chance ANY player had on server 2 to win was when the arena fell on a late night or weekend when the top player couldnt play or play much. so youve pretty much handed him the number one spot in every arena from now on. great work on keeping everything fair for everyone.

George Burd, kevinmalo and JADES like this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Come Demonik don't hold back, tell them how you really feel.. Never held back before ;)

George Burd likes this.
  16. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

get old arena back already kano...

George Burd likes this.
  17. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

As long as Kano keeps running the lemon version of BA, when it starts isn't important to me.

In the last BA I was one of the last five alive; I gained 357,130 XP plus a 4 FPs reward (finished 20th).

My Biggest Attack was 44,440,280 , which is more than all but two of the people who finished in the top ten (one of them the winner).

The winner died before me and I placed number 20 and got a 4FPs reward. If I simply ignored the event I would have done better (in terms of using my stamina to level and getting FPs). The math aside, it was fun being one of the last five standing, but it wasn't fun not being rewarded for it and seeing a carcass crowned the victor.

My maximum benefit from the event is to enrol and do nothing - which is what I'll do from now on, so when it starts won't matter. I realize some people won't even grab the XP for enrolling if the time zones don't work out for them, but what gets to me is that the whole thing is only about spending stamina, and for most of the players there are better places to spend it - I suppose people aren't guided by logic.

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.
  18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The raid bosses start on thurs's Once a month per game, the arena's wed, twice a month ( I believe) with the new schedule, and wars start on fridays, every two weeks, in whatever games someone plays. Something is gonna overlap somewhere, Yikes

19. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Where does it show that the Raid Bosses will be starting on a Thursday of every month. Knowing the date it will always start would be nice.

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

They have always started on Thursday, in my memory, don't know the reason, but that is how it has been, at least 99% of the time, I could be wrong.