Raid boss approval

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by George Burd, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Should Raid Boss participants be approved by the boss owner?

1. yes

48.0%
  2. no

52.0%
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

the raid link has to go to the chat, if you send it to the armada group page everyone gets oops message, but what if your not in armada and want to share link you send a ingame message and it doesnt convert the link for the opposite person to use

2. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

So really, kano needs to fix the link to a shareable one that works better. And that should solve the issue you are having?

Isn't there a site that you can do that with, I can't recall what it was.

I see your point though.

Just sounds to me kano just needs to find a way to make the link more useable.

perhaps have invite links that allows you to invite slayers such as you do squad invites? You could click faction for example and each would get the code. Or by slayer name. Or like the feed sort top squad etc.

Just a thought.

George Burd likes this.
  3. George Burd

that is a good suggestion, this actually has me on a whole new thought pattern, I can see the usefulness of a share link for raids and regular bosses for members of your innercircle

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

Will wonders never cease. The idea forum is working as designed :D

Have a good one. Keep the ideas coming. Maybe we can get things moving and grooving yet!

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  5. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

6. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Sorry, but horrible idea. If Kano had time for development (we know they need the next 2½ months for fb graph v. 2) they could solve it in an easier way. Keep the tiers, and award the top 10 players in each tier as they do now, if a player do min. BUT remove the max 10 players per tier and have a new safe min for getting a reward.

This way for example 90 players can join a boss 35 people join a specific tier.
    Those that do min are eligible for a reward, but only if they are either in the top 10 players in that tier or if they have done a minimum of 2% damage (to ensure the top tier not being totally screwed :)

7. George Burd

wow ok tripling the health too since you tripled the players on the boss?

8. Vic

Vic Active Member

this sounds too labor intensive. i didn't vote, but i think you should just be careful who you invite and not make them public. the only ones i join are the ones that are sent to me, and they only expire because we don't work hard enough on them, not because someone wipes them out.

AlterEgoT, Demonik1 and Lasinagol like this.
  9. George Burd

you dont play in the inter mingled kong/armor server do you vic?

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

yes, i do, actually

11. George Burd

ok have you expierenced the problem of armor kong links? they have to go thru chat to convert if you copy paste in amessage it will not be usable by someone in the other game

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

now that you mention it, i think so. that's not unique to raids, though. you have to convert kong links to armor and vice versa to use them.

George Burd likes this.
  13. George Burd

if you read my discussion with alter ego you will see I came to the conclusion as well that these two things could be solved possibly at the same time

14. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

How about it is just an option for each player ,they can use it or they don't have to, Unfortunately I would say 75% if not more are totally clueless how these raids even work and what the risks are ,they don't come to the forum, they don't read announcements, they just are whatever,but the rest of us that take the time , then we might do well to have it as an option,me personally I send out invites,and most I am on I was invited,the ones who post to the public, are not for the most part even gonna know if something like this got implemented ,so it might not be useful in that respect,Unfortunately.

15. George Burd

great thought ty for the input, I agree fb is huge so I can understand some not knowing, but kong is small and unfortunately a armada is taking abuse to a new level

Kirsten likes this.
  16. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i see every1's point, but they cant add a boot button so i think adding approval would be more difficult...

17. aaron row

aaron row New Member

George obviously you don't understand what kano means when they tell you to be careful who you share with. Hint you don't make it public. Have you ever considered that there is a strtegey being used to intentionally block out others. Perhaps instead of crying here you should actually take the time to invite people to your Raid next time.
    It seems obvious to me that a tier lvl range adjustment should be made. ie.
    1-1249
    1250-2499
    2500<

This would improve the experience far more than having Kano regulate your lazines and failure to observe the warning they had already given you.

Demonik1 and James Li like this.
  18. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

We've all read the "warnings", but to get the raid filled more completely in Armor/Kong, it is advantageous to utilize the job board, bearing in mind what George had mentioned about having to convert the links (Armor to Kong & vice versa).
    I'm in total agreement with your tier level range adjustment that should be made:
    1-1249
    1250-2499
    2500<
    and it has been mentioned on another thread. Hopefully they'll listen & make the adjustments in time for the next boss raiding event.

George Burd likes this.
  19. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Having a "ditch the sloth" button would solve everything. Perhaps it could be an option after a # of hours has passed, if the pirate has "jumped aboard" but hasn't contributed anything towards defeating the boss...

20. George Burd

I did share my boss with the right people, I see alot of others who shared it public because they thought they could trust others, or they didnt have a GREAT group of friends like I do who help. " Have you ever considered that there is a strtegey being used to intentionally block out others." yes I do know that is what is happening, and to ruin someones raid boss is a lowly, pathetic thing only a complete loser would do. Advice taken, thought over and rejected as pointless gibberish