[All] Job assists raise

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by S E T H, Jan 25, 2015.

?

To raise the amount of Job assists or not to raise the bar a little?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Whatever....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

it might be easier to convince devs and be more beneficial too bring the helpee in line with the helper

2. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

@Aapje Thank you for breaking it down to numbers and making it simpler. They would have to raise the amount you can be assisted in tandem with how much you can assist, which would imbalance and make it an unfair game to the casual player. The issue I have with your numbers is the fact that we can have over a thousand chieftains in our clan...if only half of them request help...while you may be right that some will never notice the change, it will give a miniscule amount to the players that finish up within the first few minutes. To take advantage of an increase (if Kano decides to do it) all one would have to do is get more clan or friends...

I sincerely apologize for my inaccuracies in the time of the previous thread...coffee is now a mainstay of my desk.

George Burd likes this.
  3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Originally I was asking to have it raised further than what it ended up being, but there were some internal concerns brought up about raising it that high that I can't remember at this point (it was a while ago, in my defense). As is the case with some of our changes we like to go smaller first to test the waters and then raise it higher later on, just in case there are any unintended consequences.

4. ben

ben Active Member

i say raise it what the hex and a good 5 star from me

5. George Burd

Mi7ch unfortunately no amount of testing can find every loop hole

Lasinagol likes this.
  6. ben

ben Active Member

what concerns - with the raidboss its put the game it self out of balance big time ...

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  7. George Burd

There are several threads on the raids ben, or do you mean because the raids are out of balance this could further push us over the edge until our world sucks in upon itself and becomes a fantasy blackhole

8. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

40 would be a good number to test the waters, m1tch. 35 is a little tight, a raise to 40 wouldn't be so bad, that extra 5 job assists might be just enough to get someone over the mark for a new level who's spent on challenge assists and has no energy or stam. Please do keep us updated on what the devs have to say. :)

Lasinagol likes this.
  9. George Burd

The problem was pointed out tho, if you raise the ability too assists without raising the amount of assists available, then less active people will have less to assist on because the more active will use even more of them

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I say leave it as is, but as far as less active that is their choice.

LaScepter likes this.
  11. George Burd

the point is if you raise the the amount of people able to assist without raising the available jobs then you will have more people back here upset there is noone to help

Demonik1 and Aapje like this.
  12. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i havent had any issues finding jobs to assist since my early days on myspace...raise it to 50 and it might actually be a challenge again

LaScepter, Deblovscats1 and S E T H like this.
  13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

just did my assists for the day....got them all with a remainder of 12 so yeah, 50 would be a bit of a challenge but not that hard to accomplish

14. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

i would like the raise just to help get me to the 35 k outbreaks helped -joined roughly 1131 days ago at 31311 outbreak assisted.

15. George Burd

I am all for getting things done quick but I feel some achievements should be hard to get

16. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Aren't the level achievements hard enough? Or the gamer point ones? Those are the ones that separate the casual player from the dedicated ones.

George Burd likes this.
  17. George Burd

levels can be bought time cant

18. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

Too true, 've been around a minute on the sidelines, but nothing compares to the people like Polishpimpin or a great many others that are no longer around.

George Burd likes this.
  19. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I didn't vote because none of the options quite fit. 5 extra clicks aren't going to help much. but how about reducing the time it takes for them to reset. not because it gives us more xp and allows for levelling BUT because it encourages folks to come back more often.

10 helps every 5 hours or something such as this. You could keep the levelling in check a bit while still offering things for folks to do.

Or let them reset sooner at least. Every 12 hours instead of once daily.

George Burd likes this.
  20. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

That's all well and good and their are times I just do not have the time to play and slip in for a fast gp run.

But quite frankly that is what kills the game. there is no incentive to hang around.

Folks come do all their outbreaks and helps then heal for the 2 minutes it takes to hit a boss and undeads. Then they list a bunch of littles until someone lists them back or they hit a trap and are gone for another 24 hours.

George Burd likes this.