[All] Job assists raise

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by S E T H, Jan 25, 2015.

?

To raise the amount of Job assists or not to raise the bar a little?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2015.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. Whatever....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

It's not really a completely free choice, because games like these are a competition. If other people do more than you, that actually negatively affects you by making you weaker in comparison. A higher limit also means that the 20 job assists for 1 player will be done sooner, so there will be fewer open jobs assists in our feeds. That negatively impacts many players.

Aside from that, please don't make silly assumptions on how I play. It just makes you look like a fool if you think this game only involves jobs & helps and I only do that. For me that is just the mindless, boring stuff and the real game is fighting, bosses, SW, etc.

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Joined 1379 days ago Jobs assisted: 40,053
    No thanks.
    You don't need to raise the number in order to reach these achievements, you just have to play more than a year or two.
    By that logic, why don't we eliminate the listing increases within a 24 hour period?
    You know, to make it easier for us to get the new listing achievements.

3. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

@Aapje .....I dont know or care who you are or how you play your game...but if one complains that they dont have time to get the 35 that we have now then yeah ..im going to have something to say....why should others do without (when they choose to put in more time) because a few others dont for whatever reasons...hell we all would be level 3000 vikings if thats how it was done.....LOL.....All im trying to say is...they can either go after the extra exp...or not...so yes it is their choice in how they play their game....It really doesnt matter to me if we get more or not...but i voted yes for those who thought it was a benefit to the game...

S E T H likes this.
  4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Can you point out where in my post I complained about not having the time? Because that's not what I said. I explicitly said that I like being done with this feature after 35 clicks and never said that I don't have the time for 50.

Fair enough and you are entitled to your opinion. It is a little ignorant if you think that this doesn't effect players who want to keep doing 35, though.

5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I know that this is kinda obsessive, but I am on sometimes twelve hours a day. Average being four cumulative hours a day...it would be nice to have a little more to do. Not 50 assists like the current number being thrown around, 40 would be enough. A minor adjustment to make it from two years to a year and a half.

6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Just get them to do 50 and everyone should be over it. For some reason can't add a pic but if look at Mitch's post from this http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/adventure-achievements-and-assists.13129/ #30 You will see this with, thought's?

Pic for the statement.
    http://i.imgur.com/BV2QTCs.png

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

That thread is approaching the two year mark...with how many ways Kano put into the game to level and gain bookoo amounts of levels you'd think that it is a very minor adjustment...small victories over major adjustments can go a long a way in showing a community that the progenitors of the game are still paying attention.

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Huh? Apr 16, 2014 is approaching 2 year mark? My understanding is was just over 9 months old, BTW Mitch wasn't here approaching 2 years that I know of :p and yes I'm being a smart arse..

9. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Only if the number of assists per individual job also goes up from 20 to 30 or so.

The fact that people don't bring this up while asking for 50 assists shows me that people aren't thinking this through.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True, but this was adventure assist thread, not challenge help. (VC terminology) Start a diff thread, I'll vote it up.

11. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

You have already helped the maximum of 35 friends in the past 22 hours. You may help out more friends in 10 hours.

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

That's not what I'm talking about. When you do a job and request help, only 20 people can help you. On the other hand, you can help 35 people. These are clearly related. It is already true that not all players can do 35 assists a day, due to this imbalance. Upping total assists from 35 to 50, but keeping 20 assists per job the same, just creates a big imbalance, where some players will do more than 35, but others will actually only be able to do less. It is pretty much a zero sum game, where everyone who does more than 35 will hurt someone else who can do fewer assists.

You guys seem to think that doing 50 instead of 35 will be the same amount of work, but reality is that the job assist feed will become more sparse as the 20 assists will be done sooner, which will negatively impact many players (who have to check their feed more often than now, even just to do the same 35).

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  13. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

so what your saying is we dont need to up the amount assissted we can up the amount the adventure could be assissted and achieve the same thing better awesome idea

14. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

To explain with math: imagine that there are only 50 players in the entire game who all request help. Each can get 20 assists, so 50 * 20 = 1000 assists are available.

Each player can do 35 assists, for a total of 50 * 35 = 1750 assists. If each player only does 20 assists, everyone can get 20. But if 1 player does 21 assists, another player can only do 19 assists, since the total number of assists is limited. By definition, those 50 players are forced to do 750 less assists in total than they could do.

If you change it to 50 assists, the total number goes to 50 * 50 = 2500, which means that the gap doubles from 750 to 1500. The logical consequence is that the number of open jobs in the feed becomes less and the most active players do more job assists, while less active players are forced to do less. So by definition, you hurt as many players as you help with this change, since the total number of possible assists stays the same.

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  15. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

I have never been talking about adventures in this thread. Please read more carefully.

16. George Burd

pssst if you have 1000 available assists and 1750 available assisters you are out of whack to begin with, like I said bring available assists in line with available assisters

17. George Burd

if your not talking about adventutes why are you in a thread about adventure assists?

18. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

The title of the thread is 'Job assists raise'.

19. George Burd

jobs assist adventure same thing

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i max out on adventure helps in PC in about 10 seconds, so i would love for this to be bumped up.