World Chat

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Steve Hughes, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Rodney Rangel

Rodney Rangel Active Member

hes still cryin? :p

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Steve, why dont you check out the Kongregate vc server it can definately use more people. I left facebook server for much of the same sentiment you are feeling, fb has a very deep hate among a lot of people. maybe because of the ability to personally attack each other. so again go to kongregate you can create a account there with a fb login pretty easily.

Steve Hughes likes this.
  3. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

Hi all. And nice to see a few comments since I last logged in. Especially pleased with the grown up effort from Rodney.
    This is the response I got from Kano when I asked them the question about World Chat:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your questions. World Chat is used by players in a variety of ways and some do use it as a part of their battle strategy. Some players may bounty you the first time they come across you, in world chat or otherwise, just to get to know you and see how you respond. We don't restrict players from choosing who they target (or who they decide to clan up with) from any of the parts of the game, which includes world chat.

We do believe in keeping the game fun and fair for everyone. Certain actions, such as axe slaps and bounties are not limited by the level of the target once they have passed level 300, however there are other restrictions that help keep the game competitive.

The price to bounty a player rises rapidly the more that player has been bountied, which makes it prohibitively expensive to bounty a player who has already been on the list a few times in the past 24 hours. There is also a Protection feature, which allows you to temporarily block further actions from a higher level player who has been Bounty Griefing. For more information about Protection and Griefing, visit http://support.kanoapps.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/106/4/vc---protection

Best regards,

Melissa
    Viking Clan Support

4. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

And my response to Melissa is as follows:

Thanks Melissa,
    Good to meet you.
    I don't know if you viewed the thread on World Chat. I had a rather interesting discussion with a lot of the established players who told me more or less to put up with it.
    Let me say I am fine with that - this is a point the established players didn't really get.

My purpose for writing back to you is to try and help because I have a few observations.

Firstly, I don't think anyone innocently posting on World Chat should expect to be bountied. Newbies have no idea this can happen and I would guess that you would like to encourage new players to the game and, once in, to stay with the game. That kind of action won't make them want to stay - not a great welcome!

The second observation is the cliqueness at the top. I understand the game needs a hierarchy of sorts and is self-policing. I further understand that bullying does not really exist. However, when a guy 8000 levels above you bounties you, gets all his friends to bounty you and tells them to keep you dead - this IS bullying. By taking group action your protection and griefing strategy doesn't actually work.

So I have a few ideas to address this.

Firstly, a health warning around "World Chat" - posting on here may make you a target for attacks!!!
    Secondly, a "Bully board" (although the name may change). On here the people picking on players way below them in level can be named and shamed. This may actually encourage people to want to be ion the board but at least puts it out in the open and could be fun.
    Thirdly, and this is because I think new players should be nurtured and not murdered, how about giving high level players the chance to take on protogees so they mentor them rather than bounty them. Those protogees would benefit from high level protection and the mentors could be given achievements around this.

What do you think?

Thanks

Steve

5. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

So I am awaiting a response now from Melissa but I would be interested in any of your thoughts around my ideas.
    I hope that you can now say that I am here to be constructive so please keep abusive comments to a minimum.
    Thanks

George Burd likes this.
  6. Your

Your New Member

brilliant how you cry about being bountied and then say everyone else is a sheep for hitting you? you do yourself no favours

Taisto and Kirsten like this.
  7. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

thats not quite what he said, hitting him because their friend called for it not knowing the circumstances is abit closer to what was said

8. Rodas

Rodas New Member

Eysteir Aslaug is currently dead and cannot be placed on the Bounty List at this time

Kirsten likes this.
  9. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

LOL...Rodas.....:p:rolleyes:

Rodas likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

OMG there are No BULLIES in a fighting game, sheeesh stop throwing that word around,this is not the school yard. this is a freaken game. Steve yes please to play on Kong they even have alts there you can reinvent yourself over and over, JFC

Taisto and Rodas like this.
  11. Kirsten

People do help newbies, but they way you presented yourself, you set yourself up, now you have all these ideas about WC when ya put your own foot in your mouth and ya want to change things, go to Kong, newer platform( good advice from a poster here) , lots of new people and some who could not make in on FB are there, no matter how many times they tried new accounts, and trying again to build a game ,and "Might" I add make the same mistakes lol

George Burd likes this.
  12. Taisto

Taisto New Member

Thanks. Hug? You sent me this, after one bounty, just heal, i will hug you over and over again ;)

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

A "bully board"? Dude, really, in all seriousness, you need to check out other non-fighting games to play. You can't try to water this one down till you feel comfortable playing it because you never will be comfortable. You want to be nurtured and that isn't happening here. KANO games already have enough protections for the new player plus the fact that it's structured in such a way that you can only fight those in your range, so you can't be a "bully" unless a lower level hits you first.
    It's a good thing you never played POTC because not only was that game a free-for-all but if you tried to write Zynga to complain about a script that was being run on you for days on end there was only a message bot there to console you. And they had message boards in game for every pirate and some of the stuff written on there by other players would make Genghis Khan blush and probably send you running out into traffic. Compared to that VC is a cakewalk. You're just not going to find a "non-fighting" fighting game. And that's really what you want, even if you can't see it yourself.

Kirsten likes this.
  14. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

What I see here is a few people responding to this thread in a hostile way without really seeing why the suggestions I've made could actually help the game. It seems that people coming up with new ideas who aren't part of the 'gang' are shot down in flames. Are my suggestions really that bad? Who ever said I wanted a non-fighting game? I certainly haven't so why are posters saying that? All I am trying to do here is be constructive.
    I have been pm'd by a few people who are afraid to post on this board as they are saying it's just not worth it - a select few dominate and 'bully' others (not my words I should say)
    So, please, take your anger goggles off and see my comments for what they actually are rather than trying to think about comments you can add to belittle me.
    Thank you.

George Burd likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Again May I ask how long you have been playing Kano games ??

well the cowards who won't comment, can hide in the shadows , which is "oxymoronic "for a fighting game and I will say anytime I see someone post in any WC come join our syndicate/armada,guild we are a peaceful guild/armada/syndicate ,just makes me go and list them. Those are the type of players that have the wrong idea about this kind of game, there are plenty of peaceful games online, PLENTY, so go play there and stop trying to make this pattycake :)

16. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I just cant post on here ... I have nothing nice left to say !...............LMAO :rolleyes:

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

18. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Steve, Melissa's answer was more or less the same as mine..now because of a bounty you keep going on with all this drama, sorry my friend but i have to tell you, this game is not for you! You made your point , fine; i tried to help you with your questions, and i thought was enough..but i think that i was wrong lol....

Rodas and LaScepter like this.
  19. Steve Hughes

Steve Hughes Member

True Woadlord, but the point is that at the time I started the post I had no idea about the philosophy around World Chat. I have learned a lot more about it now! And I have no problem with the game. The attitude of some people in this Forum leaves a lot to be desired however....

20. Kirsten

There you go again, instead of making friends you continue to make enemies, The forum is for everyone's opinion if you cannot even except a different opinion in the forum there is no chance for you in the game I feel there is no saving you. I have given up, enjoy your game.

LaScepter likes this.