[VC] Eldjotunn Raid Boss Feedback/Walkthrough Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Blackcat

Blackcat New Member

Once again the buterfly effect takes over.You have a small problem.Ppl attacking and not healing,simple as that.Play mad professor and tinker and the result is you annoy more ppl than you please.This was the same discussion and problem for raid 1.Raid 2 had the same problem apart from ppl actually got drops and the spoilers who didnt feel like they had to heal were there.Raid 3 is like some frankenstein of both.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes the problem is simple , selfish players who won't use their energy like everyone else.

Lasinagol likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Most of what you say is true, although most of us invite or get invited by friends , not in the same guild, armada, syndicate etc, .

4. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

They do not heal because the energy/xp pay out is completely out of balance why not focus on this as a issue needing fixed?

Birkebeiner, kevinmalo and JADES like this.
  5. Kirsten

Attack, heal, level repeat, it is simple , it is decent xp .

+4,658,479 coins | +2,532 XP | 4354 Party Health Lost | - 20 Stamina | 94,736 Health Damage Dealt 20 stam

+4,087,788 coins | +2,812 XP | 4168 Party Health Lost | - 20 Stamina | 101,100 Health Damage Dealt 20 STAM

+5,122,456 coins | +271 XP | 4580 Party Health Gained | - 20 Energy | 0 Health Damage Dealt

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  6. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

As far as the attack to heal ratio- It is reasonable to be able to do several barrage attacks and then heal back to full health ( or close to it- while hitting I'm not going to spend 20 energy for 800 worth of health if it is that close )- you have to be careful you don't end up with a situation that we can only do 2 attacks then a heal or we will never get through these- I usually am able to do several attacks then 3 or 4 heals then repeat . Something where once you get your heal actions in you cant do more than a 2 to 1 ratio of attacks to heals would be best otherwise the start on the bosses would take forever. If they aren't getting the 1000 heal actions in they won't get rewards anyways so the incentive for that is already there, the problem is with the people that get the 1000 healing actions then keep getting attacks from other peoples energy. It would also help if there was more xp for the heals and more energy drops, bring it in line with the attacks and it would solve a world of problems!

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is were I see the major problem as well, we all know VC is more stam oriented, and the energy can be used for adv drops. So some people will take advantage of that. Up the healing exp/drop ratio and or amount on each drop for "healing only".

Lasinagol and George Burd like this.
  8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about pure healers and pure attackers or whatever. I've been on plenty of bosses I don't see any of that going on. People are just attacking and healing. But there has been a constant that I have seen and that is these players who figured out pretty quickly that they don't have to use any of their own energy. They just leave the boss in the red and move on and come back when they see it's healed and then leave it in the red again.
    These people in the first round literally had zero heals. Then when the minimum was introduced last round they just healed up to the minimum. More people are doing it. Kind of defeats the purpose of teamwork on these bosses when a few opt out of healing it and let others take up their slack. Now people not only have to heal for themselves they have to heal for these guys also.
    And saying to be careful who you let in on your boss is ridiculous. If your going to post it publicly, if you want people on your boss because the people you've sent the link too are on too many of their own or whatever and can't join yours, you will have to go public. A lot of the smaller players who don't have the stamina and energy have to go this route. And then these people get on. And they may join a boss after you have already joined it.
    So we're going to have to deal with these people. They will be on bosses and they will forever be leaving them in the red. There is nothing you can do to them in the game that will make them change. They are getting free levels without having to use their energy. So the only options I can see is to put some sort of sliding scale in that will force people to heal the damage they are doing to the boss or up the experience on healing so it is worth it for them to heal or for others to take up the slack without getting screwed. Otherwise this problem will only continue to grow.

Lasinagol and Kirsten like this.
  9. haggis

haggis Member

there is a lot of feedback about lack of healers and from what I saw no one had mentioned this-

the first RAID behemoth had enough energy dropping to attack perpetually without even needing the +500 from levelling up. I dont know exactly how people were exploiting this, but apparently it was remedied by reducing Energy drop? I have been keeping an eye on the drops this Raid and on Grendgel- they seem incredibly sparse!

I thought you mentioned upping energy drops after grendhel feedback?? At least if you dont up the drop rate then increase the XP given for healing...

also the last grendhel indicates chance of common:superior drop have no correlation to input

this seems to be playing out with eldjotunn, which requiring a lot more investment to kill, is going to result in disappointment to more than a few... maybe this feedback will come out more.

Anyway, im not sure how the current drops are decided, but would it be reasonable and possible to have a threshhold on actions, to not necessarely guarantee a superior drop-but at least increase the odds... dramatically?

George Burd likes this.
  10. Kirsten

Lack of healing not lack of healers,plenty want to attack and some don't want ,cannot or do not understand the healing , either way, it is not good. I don't even get great xp from attacking, seems lower than the last VC raid, but I could be wrong, but I also have been working on energy and stam for months ,ever since I read about the raids, way before they were implemented, and also got some achievements with stam and energy which in itself was good, as it refils both alot faster :)

11. Hawkspire

Hawkspire New Member

Serious waste of effort, spent two full energy bars and got one of the keys. I don't know if that's been tweaked but really doubt I am going to expend anything else towards something like this in the state it is at present.

Maybe if they allowed the keys to come from attacking the correct tier bosses that might helpt but spending 92038092384 energy doing crap missions for crap experience just doesn't make sense, and from what other people say it's really difficult to get the actual kill if you let anyone in that isn't a friend and trustworthy too.

Old Salt and George Burd like this.
  12. George Burd

wow what a novel idea

13. George Burd

Let us face facts: the raid boss is a leveling platform in the game, kano can make money on fp from them but not if the heal xp/energy drop stays low like it is. this situation is what causes the no heal people.

kevinmalo and Lasinagol like this.
  14. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Yeah don't understand this either. Okay, I get that the keys shouldn't be that easy to get but to force someone to go through refill after refill of some low level adventure and getting royally screwed in the process with crap experience just seems cold to me.

Birkebeiner and George Burd like this.
  15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

The exploit was high energy drops and a greater rate for the drop. Open up a boss smack it around for 1 stam not caring if the boss raid health got killed over and over. Then take that energy accrued over to another boss that actually want to defeat.

The 1st raid boss was exp healing, attacking was chitty exp. Hence the changes, in the 1st round if had ~5k stam basically could level for free, as long as your finger can still click the mouse button.

Changes were needed, but this drastic no, IMO.

16. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

The energy drop of the first RB was easy, if you had over a thousand stamina and energy...I can see they changed it. But if they keep the same amount of energy drops for the first boss and applied it to the healing drop of this one or future ones it would be a little more worthwhile.

The minimum heal is a stopgap. There will always be players that advance off the use of other's people energy.

As for the dedicated healer and attacker, During the GW my only actions is sometimes to heal...not to snipe or hunt or do damage...just to heal (Not all the time...).

George Burd likes this.
  17. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

wow....this is too funny...how about this for a novel idea....BE CAREFUL WHO YOU INVITE TO YOUR RAID PARTY....weird, i know but it just might work....and if youre joining a random raid thats posted for all then EXPECT ALOT OF PEOPLE TO NOT HEAL. its not rocket science and theres no need to limit healing actions vs attack actions because you people cant see simple logic for frucks sake

Lasinagol and Birkebeiner like this.
  18. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Set up a chat group and use it to coordinate. Different people can be invited - the people you trust! It's called Viking Clan - this would bring the focus back to the "clan" concept - in a hostile world, it's the people you can trust that you help and vice versa!

19. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I agree with you Demonik1. It was mentioned numerous times earlier to watch who you let in. Some people have no choice but to go public in hopes that the boss they summoned will be defeated. Or, to fill up some of the slots to increase health. There is also the people that purposefully sabotage them, which was mostly resolved. Can't forget the people who hit and run or just do the minimum wasting slots that more active players might be interested in.

20. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with that there are times i need to attack off a boss and then level and heal sometime ive been trying to hammer down on one of these boss's and while im running it low they get scared and start healing and then when i feel the need you guys was so worried that you healed for me. You need to give someone attacking a minute cause sometimes they are doing this just to level. the 1000 requirements are great. Then another issue is me and a few others tag team these thing some may have energy left over and healing for me I have done it many times with other friends so they are actually getting it healed and you dont see it under there name cause a friend has already done it what the problem with raids is in pc vc there is a lack of communication with players involved, on lcn i have a chat with all the main raid players that i join with and that way we know who is doing what. SO making these things change is ridiculous for those who has a helper that can heal alot. My 2 cents I like the min. requirement no change in my opinion

George Burd likes this.