[VC] Eldjotunn Raid Boss Feedback/Walkthrough Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I'm not totally sure what people are doing to these RBs on other servers here's my readout from one where I've done only about 2k actions split 50/50 between healing and attacking. The data for your viewing pleasure:

2041 actions
    Healing 337,260 health
    Damage 4,392,024 dmg

So, the ratio - let's call it damage to healing of 13:1 This is obviously not close to 50/50 or 2:1... but the actual "actions" is almost a perfect 1:1. I've done another RB with the exact same ratio of 13:1. For the sake of additional clarity and transparency, my skill allocation is:
    Personal Attack:3,700Personal Defense:5,000
    and Health:41670

Looking at other people's stats, I see people with around 2k actions with ratios of 5:1, 11:1, 26:1... thing is, no one is close to 2:1 - maybe "planet" Kong/AG is inhabited by mutants?

To conclude, the people with minimum actions are currently doing a lot more damage than they are healing, and these people are the ones who're most likely doing 1 attack to 1 healing action.

I'd encourage other players to provide some more ratios - I feel, somehow, like it's apples and oranges... a bit surreal - are we talking "actions" or actual damage/health as Old Salt indicates above?

Lasinagol likes this.
  2. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

On the left side of the Raids shows you actions, take the num attacks and num heals from there , ex:

Your Contribution
    dmg dealt: 22539254
    num attacks: 5225
    healing done: 1108314
    num heals: 3300
    XP gained: 1659979
    cash gained: 1,314,438,722 coins

Kirsten and Birkebeiner like this.
  3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you want the perfect ratio, then the developers can have this data from each one's actions, as every attack will make a certain dmg to the party health, and every healing each with his own randomness, except that the healing has a lot bigger variation:

+5,319,859 coins | +6,632 XP | 3913 Party Health Lost | - 20 Stamina | 73,226 Health Damage Dealt
    +5,931,110 coins | +6,076 XP | 4560 Party Health Lost | - 20 Stamina | 59,196 Health Damage Dealt

+4,306,007 coins | +414 XP | 5427 Party Health Gained | - 20 Energy | 0 Health Damage Dealt
    +5,381,061 coins | +379 XP | 7856 Party Health Gained | - 20 Energy | 0 Health Damage Dealt

An another problem is, that attacking with 1 stamina will do the same Party Health damage as attacking with 20 stamina.

4. Birkebeiner

Guess, I'm just looking to make sure we're not looking at it the way Old Salt is... the actual damage and health, but the actions. So your actions ratio is inline with what's being discussed but your damage:health ratio is about 20:1. I'm on SNAFU alert!

Lasinagol likes this.
  5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

My contributions to a RB are always lopsided towards healing. I would post a screenshot, but mobile devices are a pain in the.

A progress meter would be a very cool. Like progress to minimum reward and then maybe progress to grand reward...give incentive to stick to one boss. I am also seeing a lot of the RB's top tiers get filled up, could this also address an underlying issue of not enough influx of new blood or people sticking around?

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@Birkebeiner
    The dmg and healing are two different things, the damage is done to the raid boss health, the healing to the Party Health.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I'm talking about damage done. Not actions.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  8. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

The damage done and party healed ratio is off balance if you go by numbers instead of actions, especially if you keep the boss healed and sump everything you have into it, the damage will be substantially harder. Putting any kind of limit on it would make it harder for people to specialize as healers or attackers. All that is missing is the mage and the thief...making a minimum amount of heals to attacks could work out if you don't limit the healing. Let someone stockpile how much damage they can do the go berserk.

George Burd and Birkebeiner like this.
  9. Birkebeiner

Yes, I saw you were, and figured that the Mitch's post wasn't clear... so I thought we need this clarified.

10. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

So now we're being restricted to doing what a fee in here feel we should be doing on these bosses? So when someone messages me saying i have stams bit no energy or vice versa i have to tell them theyre screwed? You just keep making things better and better......should change your name from kano to hitler inc

S E T H likes this.
  11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So just for clarification, and sorry for not spelling this out beforehand, the developers are thinking of doing something along the lines of actions done as opposed to Stamina or Energy spent, because it's 20 Energy flat for a Heal while Stamina per Attack can differ from player to player. So 5 Heal to 1 Attack sort of thing. Since this is something a lot of you guys have requested for the previous few Raid Bosses, we want to be as clear as possible on what would work for everybody before we move forward. While we are reticent about making players feel like we are forcing them to play a certain way, this trend of Raid Party members not healing is becoming a little alarming. Optimally we're trying to balance this so that players who participate equally between Attacks and Heals won't notice the change, but those who are less inclined to Heal will be prompted to do so. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

A global ratio cant work as some players are better healers and some better damagers due to their individual skill allocation.
    The goal is to prevent that some players leave the Party Health unhealed. For this they need to track and add up from every action all the dmg and healing done to the Party Health and prevent further attacks if the dmg done to the Party Health its a lot bigger then the healing. However to make possible team work when one player can make more heals and another more damage, they should limit the attacks only if the Party Health its under 75-80%.

I still prefer it unchanged, and better be careful with who you let in in your boss.

George Burd, Lasinagol and kevinmalo like this.
  13. Birkebeiner

Just reflecting on the way it works for me, I can do between two and three max power attacks before healing. To get in the minimum 2k actions and hit the necessary 1k heals, I need to make quite a few 5 stamina power attacks.

But from what I see over at Kong/AG - this change is not necessary...

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why are you hitting boss with 5 stam? Any attack does same damage to raids health whether its 1/5/20 etc. Attacking with 20 stam in essence your saving yourself energy and gaining more exp attacking.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Mi7ch that change is going to fail... there are people who want to heal and yes they are lowers for some weird reason... doing this will allow only to attacks for the rest on the raid group, i support gazember to let it unchanged, and tell the raid owner to be careful who he invites... you have stated it already and if people just dont understan its their problem imo

Lasinagol likes this.
  16. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

Well I can see this is going to cost me way more than buying a warrior or weapon off the front page. Don't think I have a chance in hell of getting it done. Tried it. Didn't like it. You can keep it.

17. Gordon H

Gordon H New Member

P.S. Just have to chuckle at my tag of "New Member". Just never had much to say to you Kano.

18. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Players can do the min actions if that is all they can do, but there are some that take attacking to a new high and do not heal after their min heals, those are the ones who need structure, in no way will anyone be penalized as long as they do the min required for a reward, it sucks but there are always gonna be some players that take something run with it and force everyone else to cover their butts, cause they just want to level thousands of times, which I personally have no problem with but not at the expense of everyone else who does their best to not take advantage. It sucks coming back to the numerous bosses someone is on to find the health down all the time and in order to keep attacking have to heal when some selfish players who says things like " why should I use my energy to heal, someone will heal it" .

Old Salt and Lasinagol like this.
  19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Exactly this , IMO is not gonna affect the average player, they can attack and heal all they want once they reach the reward min actions. If they can only do that , that is great , if they want to do more , it is not in the best interest of the raid group to be all one sided towards attack , attacking thousands and thousand of time more with not any more heals, over the min, 1,000 heals

20. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

It was my understanding that these bosses were geared towards building guild unity. In the guilds you have a wide variety of players or some focused on specific archetypes. The ratio mi7ch mentioned wouldn't be too cumbersome for the players that leave the RB at low health all the time.