FP's cost went up only for europeans?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by WOADLORD, Jan 14, 2015.

1. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

I really cannot understand this Kano, i went to purchase the 50 USD fp's bundle which usually comes up between 40 to 42 euros but this time it came up to 50.67 euros and i thought it was a mistake so i sent you a ticket...but your reply was unbelievable, you told me that you have added vat tax on your items! but this is only for Europeans, because if someone buys them in USD is still paying the same, Sorry but for me this is ridiculous.

2. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Agree totally it is for now a insane cost to buy any fps

3. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

It is worthwhile to buy FPs...but the cost should stay relatively the same. Kano 'should' report cost increases to those affected. Maybe with enough support it shouldn't happen again without forewarning...

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I understand your frustration, and suffice it to say that this is a difficult situation for us as well. Due to new EU VAT laws that came into effect on the 1 of January 2015, we are required by the EU to add VAT to all of our transactions as the place of taxation was changed from where the supplier is to where the purchaser resides.

RainSunGone likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Geeeeze that sucks,but my question is does this effect everyone or just if you live in Europe ? so I can pass this info along to whom it may affect .

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This only affects players in Europe. It caught us by surprise late last year, and I'm trying to find an "official" announcement from Facebook.

7. Kirsten

Ok thanks, I have lots of friends and clan, so will get the word out to them.

mi7ch likes this.
  8. Kirsten

George Burd and Lasinagol like this.
  9. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

they need the $$$ apparently...big suprise...

10. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

There is no official announcement from Facebook yet Mitch, all other games are still charging the same price as before 1st January 2015 you can check this by yourself. Even if so still it is very misleading because you should tag the price for us Europeans as 60 USD and not 50..arghh because i forgot to mention, yes other game sites that i checked on Facebook are all non EU countries, most from the US or Canada.

11. James Wright

James Wright Member

So in a nutshell, players outside Europe now have a considerable advantage over UK and other EU countries. Come on KANO, easy fix for this, person in USA orders $50 worth of FP the get 275fp, is someone in UK orders $50 they don't get the same as it costs them over $60!! How hard is it to tweak they system so that the person from the UK/EU gets either a price reduction and or extra FP to compensate for having to pay extra?? This coupled with the lack of new land/adventures/bosses (and rubbish cash grabbing arena) have made me want to quit. What annoys me the most is that you haven't announced this or made players aware of it, great customer care, not!

12. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

yep screws most up, i cant be bothered to read all on forum but did you let us know it was going up or say anything about it in weekly news

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There will be a general announcement about the EU VAT changes in this week's TGIF. In-game purchasing user interface has also been updated with a notification about VAT. You might not have noticed it in other games because they were behind the change and Facebook is still adjusting based on the market.

I found an EU VAT change notice from Facebook, which should explain things better than I can: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/payments/reference/euvat_overview#faq

14. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

maybe this is a silly question (not a stupid one). i know what EU means (European Union), even though i don't live there. but what the heck is a VAT?

15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It stands for Value Added Tax.

16. James Wright

James Wright Member

I'm sure may players would have purchased a lot of FP before the change came into affect, this sucks!

17. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

if us in EU got to pay more why cant you give us few extra favor points as a token of good will

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Support is the best place for inquiries of that kind. :)

19. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

You can't go out to buy a Ferrari and then try to lower the price while talking to your car dealer. At some point he will just say: Either you got the cash or you don't.

As long as your food at the supermarket stays affordable be glad with what you have for now. (I'm in Europe btw).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    MobMan and Kirsten like this.
  20. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

I must say that you're not being fair with player's at all here Mitch, so if i buy and i ask support for few extra fp's because of price difference i get something, while others that don't do that will stay with what they paid for, but seriously is this the way to make buying customers happy?

Justin the killer likes this.