[FB] Pirate Clan iPad App

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Ray Ford, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

The links in messages are not clickable, i.e. boss fight links. Also when on Facebook, links there to go to Boss Fights will not take you to the person's posted boss. Only opens the iPad app to the fight page of the app.

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks Ray, I'll get our iOS developers on this!

Judging from your post (correct me if I'm wrong), but are you using the mobile version of the site and clicking links there which in turn open up the iOS app?

3. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Correct, I am using the mobile version on my iPad. If I am in the mobile version and go to the messages from my clan that are shared to me with links included, the links are just normal text, not hyper-link text. And if I am on my iPad looking within the iPad FB app and fine a post that has been shared, the hyper-link FB posted will open the Kano mobile PC app and stop when it gets to the battle page instead of opening the Boss Fight I am hoping to find.

So I either have to put down my iPad and move to my pc (if possible) or miss out on helping my Clan Mates.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the info, it will help our iOS devs get to the bottom of this. :)

5. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

iphone play

I have mentioned this before, so here is another ear worm. Since the ISO app, I cannot click a link from Facebook on my iphone and go to a boss that the link is for........it just pushes to the mobile version. Same situation Ray is describing. Would be a great fix when if you all could fix it.....thanks!

6. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

I have been playing on my iPad while in the hospital over the past several weeks and so am going to list several features to the iOS that are in need of fixing or improving.

1. Fix the Facebook to Kano App link problem so that when you click on an active link in Facebook, it actually takes you where you should be and allows you to do what you expect to do inside of the Kano App and not just open the Kano App taking you to the opening page.

2. When you are within the Kano App and look at your Messages, make the "HTTPS://" links your friends have sent to you active links. Thus allowing you to actually do something with the link.

3. Under "My Clan" add more ability to do more than just "Invite" and "Captains" (which just list your current captains). Add a way to collect your "Boost" each day.

4. Under "News", allow more than just 25 news items in "Social Feed".

5. Under "Home": Adventures indicate if you received the "Drop" item when doing the adventure. List "Lottery" so you can collect your Daily Lottery. List "Daily Reward" so you can collect your Daily Reward.

I was in the hospital for over 23 days and playing on my iPad rather than a PC really showed me shortfalls of the Kano iOS App. Hope this helps some for the iOS developers.

Kendall likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks Ray, I'll give your feedback to the iOS team!

8. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

One More Bug that needs attention, is when doing Adventures all is shown is XP gained and Coins won. But not show rather or not you received an reward "Drop".

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Displaying Drops was part of this update, but I'm experiencing this issue as well. Our iOS devs are looking into any potential bugs that may be preventing earned Drops from showing up.

10. Eric

Eric Administrator

Hi Ray, thanks for the bug reports and feedback! Drop items should now be showing on Adventure responses. We've identified the other issues and are working on fixes, we will also be looking to prioritize feature feedback. Updates will soon follow here in this thread, thanks again!

11. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Thee more things to look at for the iPad app. Need to add "Send Gift" and "Get Rum Boost" in the news feed. It states that so-in-so updated or ask for a gift, but no to send one. Same as when so-in-so offers Rum Boost.

mi7ch likes this.
  12. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks Ray, we'll add these suggestions to our idea queue!

Also:
    -links (boss, profile etc.) from Facebook should now open the app on the correct page.
    -social feed items have been increased from 25 to 50 (will be released over the next day)

13. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

The Pirate Clan iPad App of 1/9/15 has made the app unusable. If you can get to the Home page, you are lucky. If you click to go anywhere else, the first page will appear but if you go to Adventures and then try to go to Challenges you get a blank page. Trying to go back to the Home just gives you a blank page and all other main page links at the bottom result in blanks.

Whether on FB or inside the app, all HTTP links do not take you to the page you want to be at. FB will open the app, but not the page you need to be on for the activity. Clan msg still just are not clickable.

If possible roll back the upgrade to the last version. Putting on my leg brace, getting out of my recliner, grabbing my walker and going to my desktop pc every 30 minutes get old quick.

Thanks

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'll forward this on to the mobile team immediately, thanks for the heads up Ray. :)

I've tried this myself and it does appear like there is a problem with Challenges producing a blank page. I'll let you know what the devs tell me. In the mean time, force-closing the app and re-opening it will get rid of those blank pages, just stay away from Challenges for the time being. ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Update: I have been informed that the bug has been resolved, please restart the app to get the fix.

Thanks again for the report, @Ray Ford!

16. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

mi7ch,
    Tell the mobile team good job on the quick fix and let them know they have another quirk they should look at. I noticed once I could do treasure digs that the coin amount was now a clickable link. but it does not do anything except attempt to dial my iPad as if it was an iPhone. Actually is sort of funny, but someone with a phone might not think so.
    Ray

17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Interesting bug you found there! I checked it out on my phone but couldn't run across it. Out of curiosity which treasure dig are you doing? I did the one for the first location, so it might be specific to a different location.