[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben

ben Active Member

i have to agree the original battle arena was ...

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  2. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

the points are meaningless now too. it's supposed to encourage players to participate, but if you can't get any kills, what's the point? my advice: don't join unless you're on the first page of the leaderboard, let the strongest players beat each other up for xp and go do something else, even if you spent fp it won't make a difference.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well you also know what you are doing in these games.;)

4. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

i bought my rank on arena.. YAY... so fun .. yeah.. hmmm whats next?? i dislike it, get back to old arena.

(yes that was sarcasm)

Birkebeiner, Demonik1 and George Burd like this.
  5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Your memory is just as bad as your strategy skills old man......why did i win that arena? Cause you couldnt play the first part of it and i took advantage of that. As you can see, when you're able to play, nobody even came close to being able to win. Granted i was limited to my phone for this one so you were probably getting 6-7 kills to my one but even if i was on the laptop and tripled my stats i would have lost. They need to address the battle feed in the arena, its no different than the save list before they fixed it. Leave the feed in if they want but take away the ability to attack people in it. Hell, they can even get rid of the first boring 8 hours and just make it 16 hrs of suddendeath

6. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

My only comment is that only 329 people really played. Looks like the rest either signed up to get the sign up xp or forgot. So we are jumping through all these hoops for 329 players? Might as well go back to the old format. Could not have been much worse in terms of actual players. 329???? Ya lets change the whole game.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  7. Demonik1

Shit, i wish we had that many actice participants haha youre lucky

8. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Actually if you read what you wrote a few months back, you'll see what you said about how only the top person wins the arena. Fact is I participated in both the 1st and 2nd part of the last 2 arena's. 1st arena not as much as the 2nd.

And i happen to like my strategy just fine. Sorry if it bothers you though.

9. Grand Master Fielding

tsk tsk temper temper.

10. Allen Sumaran

Allen Sumaran Member

I've yet to play the new arena. I, like many others, was disappointed in the 'New and Improved' version a couple of months ago. I may play this next one. Should I enter, I will comment further then.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  11. Grand Master Fielding

It's an improvement. Not as good as the original - but an improvement over that disaster we had on Thanksgiving.

12. Demonik1

Ok, ill simplify it for the people that cant grasp the obvious lol when the top player in the game is actively playing the entire arena, as you already proved.....multiple times, no one else will ever come close to winning it. Was that worded to your satisfaction? Probably not but who cares, its a dead issue anyway and like the game the arena is dying off faster than ever

13. ben

ben Active Member

i agree they are dying off even on other games because people just dont like it at all ... this last arena on kp2 on pc only had 131 thet is bad ... my question to kano is what are ya going to do bout it ??? when are we coing to hear some thing a bout it mi7ch ???

14. Grand Master Fielding

KANO needs to get more people playing. Wish they'd focus on that rather than other things. That way they'd make more money and we'd not have to spend more. HINT HINT HINT????

thor persson and kevinmalo like this.
  15. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I LOVED this last arena. I forgot about the start time and logged on about 2 hours in. Of course, by then all of the folks who weren't in defense mode were either huge or already dead. I hammered on a few of the folks who in were in defense to earn the xp until my inevitable death. I revived and did this same thing either once or twice more before sudden death. I was fortunate to be able to get on right as sudden death started and ended up with 24 kills before I finally had to go defensive. I ended up in 29th so I got a decent payoff but I got something on the order of 14-15 levels during the arena itself. That is a ton for a slow leveler like me! Keep it the way it was this last time!!!

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Kirsten

Gonna go out on a limb here, but since the platform you guys play on, along with Kong and Armor are not social networks, that prob has a lot to do with how many play there, FB has always surpassed the non social networks with the amount of players,because again it is a social network so much easier to get in touch or invite people you know, besides the fact the FB pages are filled with every subject you can imagine, besides game posts, and if ya remember , if not for what kano did for the old myspace ,( which did not have alot of players as long as I have been playing kano games, which is over 4 years)( except prob for alot of alts lol) ya would not even have a place to play, so how about you guys try to get people to play, so just sayin . .....

17. ben

ben Active Member

when kamo made these changes on vc the number has been droping big time on kp2 pc ba ... ;)

18. Demonik1

The numbers are worse than ever, the arena before last had 232 that entered and 77 active participants. Completely horrid. The numbers weren't that bad before the revive feature was added. All everyone wanted was to get rid of people sitting in dmode for forever, doing next to nothing and collecting good rewarxs and what we got was the abortion we have to deal with now. I just dont understand what goes on in their heads

Kirsten likes this.
  19. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

go back to old arena:
    keep: 24 hours event, no search function
    get back: nicknames
    remove: revive, sudden death, score system

thor persson and Birkebeiner like this.
  20. Kirsten

Keep the no names, have a score system and make the turtles participate that is what we asked for. Revival at this point does not sound as horrendous as the original, at least if someone cannot be there at the start they can still have some fun with the arena.

Demonik1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.