Feedback Poll: Updating the Character Art in Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 6, 2015.

?

Should the character art be updated?

Poll closed Feb 12, 2015.
  1. Sure, why not?

54 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No, I prefer the character art the way it is

37 vote(s)
    31.4%
  3. I have no strong feelings one way or the other

27 vote(s)
    22.9%
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey Mobsters,

I have a quick poll to gauge your opinion on a potential (albeit minor) change to the game. Traditionally the character portraits in Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra are spruced up photos as opposed to hand-drawn images like the other three games. As we head into the new year, our art team is looking at changing up the character portraits in Mob Wars: LCN to match the art styles in our other titles. You can see an example of what they're going for in the image below. Basically they will be taking the old pictures then redrawing them and adding more details for a full-body image.

How do you feel about this potential update? This update will not tie up any developer assets and although it will change how some of Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra looks, it will make it more consistent with our other games.

Please vote on the poll above and let us know!

[​IMG]

On the left is an unaltered version of one of the existing characters in game. On the right is the rough sketch of what a character would look like after updating.

2. S E T H

S E T H Active Member

keep them the way they are...

FEMME FATALE 666 likes this.
  3. Angela Brown

Angela Brown Active Member

as long as they look better why not change them ? ;)

kevinmalo and Stacey VanMatre like this.
  4. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I think one of the best bits of design on the game is how the bosses look. Nomad, Desert Assassin, Deadly Mime and Matador especially. If you were able to get the characters looking at that level it would be very, very cool.

I think the photos look a little cheap in comparison.

Angela Brown and Stacey VanMatre like this.
  5. Curves

Curves Member

no strong feelings on character portraits; however, if the art team were interested in designing updated fight drops that actually had good att/def that didn't trash up our inventory .... that would make me smile :)

Shane Maher and Hot Mama C like this.
  6. Gadge

Gadge New Member

I like the current portraits. I find them evocative. I would prefer if they were kept.

Paul de Haan likes this.
  7. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Sorry but for me the whole artwork of PirateClan, ZombieSlayer and Viking Clan just sucks. It sux cuz its 100% comic art and I would never play there.

Only good artwork is on LCN and especially the "real life" character pictures are really good, I feel that a lot of work went into making them and I love how they look. So please make no more comic artwork, more reallife artwork would be cool imo.

LCN on Kongregate, I think it has the potential to get even bigger than the FB platform, so try to support the growth there, I have the feeling you guys from Kano don't care about your apps on Kongregate at all.

Anyway I won't play there anymore until summer.

Shea and Krimson King like this.
  8. VittoriaVice

VittoriaVice Member

The drawings look cheesy... what is the gain by switching the character images?

9. I don't pay much attention to the character art. It would be really entertaining if ther changed daily. I'd prefer to focus on gameplay and eliminating alts and cheats

Kirsten and FEMME FATALE 666 like this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

I myself aint to worried about the character art, but if they have spare time laying around for artist and they are bored I feel more realistic picture would be better. So since the other things we would like to see improved are not put on back burner I say go for it

11. The Milk Man

The Milk Man Member

I suggest a time trial. Let's see what everyone else thinks

12. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

please reconsider about the amount of characters. sometimes feels like too much. however, I always like to a change. we adapt and survive

Sir Opinion Alot likes this.
  13. Apizzle21

Apizzle21 Member

I also have another idea, how about an update where you can add a song/music to your profile which will be your theme song? and about the picture i think you should make a bunch of different characters to choose from or let people put their own picture up.

14. Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee New Member

Although it reflects the idea of the game, I do not think redrawing characters has any value unless it satisfied either one of these two options. If the character is upgraded as we progress in levels that would be a better way of identifying where a person is in attack/ defense strength. Or if when we boosted, the character changed their selfie during the boost. This would give us a visual cue to when the boost expires and it would have in game relevance.

Sincerely,
    Stagger Lee

15. bowberson

bowberson Active Member

Do we really care about the characters. Why don't you ask us what we think of what you did to our BA. It is awful, a killing spree, not any fun at all. Whoever pays the most to buy refills can kill the most. Ask everyone something important

16. Must admit i would preffer if you spent/wasted more time on killing alt-accounts and cheaters !!
    New BA really sucks with all this Mobster without a name or option to search :(
    It never fails in BA, within 3 minutes you can find someone who already "killed" 50-100 mobsters ??????
    No, alt- cheaters and BA is more important than getting a pic of Charlie Chaplin, sorry.....

17. Wiccan Wizard

Wiccan Wizard New Member

Keep them the way they are!

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Does not seem like the best use of your time, so much other stuff are way more important to focus on. And the look fine as they are

19. RiskyB

RiskyB New Member

When I first started playing I wondered why the character portraits were spruced up real life pics while everything else in the game was drawn. It would bother me if I were a developer, but I tend to put the 'retentive' in 'anal'.
    Since you've asked for an opinion on it, though, I'd go for making it all match.

I've also wondered if the current character portraits are stock images or photos of Kano employees in gangster garb. ;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  20. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I see no point to spend more FPs to upgrade my already existing characters I baugt before, This is not improving the skills of my existing character! I will prefer that you focus to create the new tiers of characters instead

kevinmalo likes this.