The Official Guild Wars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Christoffer Larson

Christoffer Larson New Member

I have a question. How come the "Wins" and "Losses" columns in the Memers list in Guid wars don't add up to "Attacks"?

2. davidv851

davidv851 New Member

So what's the story with multiple guilds working together in Guild Wars? Is that something that's allowed?

3. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Just like other aspects of the games, the highest level players work together to take out everyone else.

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

For the most part that is true but each group ( faction,armada etc) has high , mid and low levels in their respective groups and some players switch the regular group to another just for the wars , which is also allowed, Everyone usually knows most players , so they like to switch things up .;) Seems many are always recruiting for the wars .

5. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

Because when you use the slider to use three (or two) attacks at once instead of one, it credits you for three (or two) attacks but only one win (or loss). So, if I'm using the three attacks at once option and win 90% of my battles, it would look something like this:
    Attacks: 300
    Wins: 90
    Losses: 10

Kirsten likes this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why do lower division guilds give better experience? I know points are lower, but isn't this backwards?

Hitting a stronger guild gives less exp, makes no sense to me what so ever.

Isn't this condoning to go after E guilds for those that don't care about points?

kevinmalo likes this.
  7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I find lower one lower than whatever one I am in gives decent xp ,but to go lower than that doesn't.

8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

when i wasnt in a competing guild, all i did was hit D and E guilds for great exp and didnt use any fps for token refills...best way to go if you dont compete for the top 3 spots

9. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

True that, but why more exp. hitting a weaker guild?

10. Demonik1

most likely its an incentive to get more guilds to play, even if they dont compete or buy refills they can hit for exp and it gives the competers more to hit

11. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I personally noticed that the EXP gained is pretty much the same, within thirty points. I haven't been in an A Division Guild, yet. When I went after guilds of my own division I got more experience then when I went after a lower guild. It was correlative to the War Points.

It just my be an example of my overall ineptitude on the game, but I think that it should yield more exp for going after higher guilds that are more of a challenge then just slapping around people who aren't as dedicated to the game.

12. Demonik1

the exp is marginally the same but when you hit tougher guilds you tend to lose more attacks which result in less exp for those attacks, i have yet to lose to a D or E guild much if at all which will max your exp per token

Jaegermeister and Lasinagol like this.
  13. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i previously thought something different, but it does seem that it is not worth it to go after higher tier guilds

14. Demonik1

if youre only playing for exp then youre right, its not worth it but if youre playing to compete then B and weak A guilds are where the points are at

15. Jaegermeister

it seems that there are not enough new players joining to fill existing guilds. more and more are being consolidated to increase benefits of gameplay. if more guilds had more active players, it would make the wars a little more competitive.

16. Furbo

Furbo New Member

Hi - I think I have developed some kind of bug during latest Guild Wars? I was routinely attacking about an hour ago, when the screen froze up and then randomly switched screens before returning back to War Screen - but with a message like "oops! (etc) and Kano have been notified of this bug/error" - can't remember exactly what. Then the normal Guild War screen reloaded, and I am certain I lost pretty much all my credits, as I was left with just 2, from about 80-90? Our Guild had lost some health, also. Since then, my credits do not appear to be replenishing at anywhere near the normal rate??! I went away and did other things for about 50 mins, and only 8 points had replenished? As I type this I have another window open, and the credits are painfully slow?
    Any ideas what may have happened please? This is the first time such a thing has happened, and I play VC/PC/ZS in all the Wars...
    Thanks in advance o_O

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Why do some guilds have a question mark rating instead of A TO E?
    GW.PNG

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We made this change a while ago because there was feedback that all of the Guilds in the War were listed at the same rank so it made attacking a Guild with the ranking you were looking for difficult before the proper rank was updated. We changed Guilds that haven't made an action (or had one made against them) to a ? so you could prioritize attacks better.

Once someone in the Guild makes an action, or the Guild has one made against them, it will update.

JADES likes this.
  19. Jaegermeister

there is a definite lag on server 2. because of the lag, it seems that tokens are not subtracted when an action is taken. i was maxed out on tokens, but i was able to attack 304 times in less than 3 minutes.

20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I have a question, say GW's started and my elites were empty... Does that effect strength as well? Just curious not having a protector or beserker.