[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben

ben Active Member

what i thought was funny is the 1 who won it showed dead in it ... and we call it ba REALLY NOW ... ;)

2. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

1) The whole revive made the save and very bad thing. In turn it hurt many or us. Cents if we revive then the same person that had killed us, end up killing us again. It does not help at all. 2) Before the Raid Boss came out, I learned about it in a forum about the BA, I think. So I asked if it was. I got no answer about it. Then I saw the Raid Boss came out. Then some time later you guys decide to post about it in the news feed. But yet the was already a forum about it and only some people saw it. So it only helped some people out. 3) If you read the post above the last one you talked about, there was a different guy that asked about the save also. So that's why I and many other believe you just reply to some and don't care about others.

3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I was the winner of the last Arena and I was dead very shortly into the Free for All. That was because a few people saw my stats saved me and killed me. So much for "Viking" LOL. I will tell you why I won. We had a Nor Easter here in NJ on one of the days of the Arena. My plans were cancelled so here I was. Knowing the point system was in effect I got as many points as I could. No one was as shocked as I was when it ended (Mercifully) and I went to collect my awards. But here is a clue. I did not like it. But I adapted and adjusted. I looked at the new rules and did the best I could with the situation. Fact is higher levels and people who spend money are going to have a better chance. Yes I spend money. My choice. Others make a big deal out of it. Just remember the ones who cry the loudest about what others are doing are usually trying to distract people from what they are doing. Dont worry I will not win the next one. I, too, have a 1 AM start time. Have a great day

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  4. ben

ben Active Member

right now on kp 2 pc ba is at its lowest ... i no why to theres a lot of people that dont care for the changes that kano is doing to vc ba ... and may i sdd a lot of the ones that have join ba on pc dont play it ... what has happen to getting activity in or did that go out the door ...
    i no myself i am finding that i really dont even care if i play kamo games ... these changes that they dome bto ba on vc is a big down for ... that is a shame too because i was a very active player ...

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Thats horrible reasoning, it doesnt take much tofigure out who is who by their stats and saving them to kill over and over, espedially when sudden death begins is flat out wrong. Until you get rid of saved targets once theyre killed i will abuse it to kill every low level i can find and they have kano to thank for it. Its a shame i have to resort to this but apparently being nice gets us nowhere

George Burd and Nic21 like this.
  6. Looks like you started to address the issue of the Save option, but either you didn't finish your thought process, or just ducked it. I have posted MANY times on this issue and would truly love for you to finish your thought please. There are SO MANY people that are calling for it's dismissal. I don't mind all of the other changes that you've done, and that is ultimately your guys' call what you do with it, but please listen just this once to the overwhelming consensus of your clients. Take the save option out of play. Or give the saver a penalty for using it more than once, not a penalty as in taking away points, but perhaps decreasing the total number of points that they are awarded- heck, even making the health that they gain be less significant. I have never ever asked for anything before I have started asking for this.
    In the words of the most beloved Captain Picard, "make it so".

Nic21 likes this.
  7. And still your post is 100% dead on the button, even after all this time!

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

That was actually my entire thought and I wasn't trying to duck anything despite what my avatar would lead you to believe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The concerns around the save issue were brought up to the developers by me since day one (indeed, I was repeatedly a victim of this during the BA). The above reason I gave is why the devs made the decision to not remove the save feature for the previous two Battle Arenas. There is still time before the next one and I'll continue to tell them that this is still a hot-button issue.

George Burd likes this.
  9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

OK small update: I've convinced the developers to look at removing a target you have saved when they die for the next Battle Arena.

George Burd likes this.
  10. YES! That makes me very happy! I'm sorry that I misunderstood your post, sometimes that happens when dealing with written word scenarios. I apologize for being kind of snappy. I appreciate your attempts and hope with my best hope that they will listen to us.

mi7ch likes this.
  11. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Thanks a lot mi7ch. I'll be more then happy is they even just remove people after they have been killed. That alone would help us all out so much.

12. Demonik1

Score one for the little guys, thanks mitch....this will make things a little better for them and possibly give some a chance to finish higher than they would have previously

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Not sure if a win though, he said "look at removing"

I've convinced the developers to look at removing a target you have saved when they die for the next Battle Arena.

14. im the beast

im the beast Member

i acuttaly like this i think its about as fair as it gets for the ones who dont understand the changes there wont be kill rewards during the first 8hour/ during the revive time only during sudden death do we get health reward really cant wait to try it on fb zs i will give it a go in vc but im a low level there dont spend but will give me a chance to try it well done kano the ideal of it is great hope it works right..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  15. Demonik1

Thats cool cause i meant what i said about abusing it if its left in and EVERY higher level should follow suit. They will listen to us or watch activity drop like a sack o potatoes. Im sick of feedback being ignored over and over again as should everyone else be.

LaScepter likes this.
  16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL, Ill do same on FB then :)

LaScepter likes this.
  17. Demonik1

For the lil guys n gals' sake i hope they fix it...if not then i apologize in advance but something has to be done

18. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Congrats on winning!
    So they dragged your sorry carcass onto the podium and gave you the crown as the arena winner - dead and all!:p
    Anyhow, glad you adapted and and adjusted but admitted that you did not like it - congrats again!

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We'll have a solution in place for the save list problem by this Friday's Battle Arena.

20. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Mitch - I'm actually "cautiously optimistic" for the 1st time in awhile. While I'd prefer the original arena 100%, many of us can understand the need for changes. This will give everyone (at least hopefully) a shot at entering and getting a few shots in, and then the sudden death, which is what everyone really loves about the arena in the 1st place.

HOWEVER - with that being said - reducing the rewards would be a ghastly idea. Think twice on reducing the rewards before you do so. Reducing the rewards might negate the good done here. Something for KANO to think about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.