[PC] Raid Boss BETA #2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yeah I could wait till January, that would work for me and from what I am hearing from the FB PC world that is the feeling of alot of us. I would rather wait for a long term stiffer penalty for non healers, and I know others would also rather have that happen.

Old Salt likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Uggghhh not liking having one starting early next week, not sure why Xmass is so important now when kano had one starting on Thanksgiving here in the states, so why exempt xmass :p

3. Robert Belrose

Robert Belrose Active Member

Well, good luck Kano- I for one won't be raising my mouse pointer to these ,but thanks anyways :) T he expense/rewards ratio isn't tempting enough for me seeing as how nothing was done to combat the greedy players. Seems to me there will be more attacking without healing now that more actions are needed. Healing needs to be as beneficial as attacking , and no- lowering the xp on attack isn't the way to fix it!

4. bighoof

bighoof Member

Another vote for after the holidays

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  5. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

ARGH! Again ALREADY? And our #1 concern on handling the non healer/vampires is not addressed. We won't feel neglected if you don't bring the raid boss back until after the holidays, really. I had rather see you take more time and address the issue we have with a few taking advantage of the masses on these bosses. Christmas is two weeks away and I know I have some mall pillaging to do and such before the big day. This event TAKES OVER THE GAME. Arena or Armada War doesn't do that. I thought once a month was way too frequent for an event that TAKES OVER THE GAME. Here it is in two weeks. My Viking is basically retired now, because there is too much game to play for two games for me.........Too Much of a good thing. JS

6. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

The xp for healing is terrible compared to that of attacking. Where is the balance?

kevinmalo and George Burd like this.
  7. Kirsten

Just please cancel the raid till January.

Old Salt likes this.
  8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm getting the feeling that KANO really doesn't grasp how much of an issue this "vampire" thing is with players. A lot of people (myself included) are pretty pissed off about what took place with this one player as well as others and really wanted to see this addressed first before the raid boss was brought back because now we are looking at this same thing happening all over again. This particular player is going to be able to jump on a bunch of raid bosses without any new fixes put into place that would keep him from doing what he did last time and we are going to have to deal with it. And it's not a question of just not going on the bosses he's on because he could join the same boss after we have joined it
    Guys, this really needs to be addressed. Please take it seriously. It's going to be a slap in the face to all of us to watch this guy get away with this crap again, as well as others. And as Diva said, we won't feel left out if you don't run the Raid Boss before Christmas and New Year's. ;)

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Well first off let me address the "vampire" issue. I'm sorry if you guys feel like we don't properly understand how much of an issue that was last time around. We do, and honestly I think it is in everyone's best interest to find a mechanical solution to this because we don't want people to avoid Raid Bosses altogether because of the actions of a few. Being selective with inviting and adding in a minimum healing action to get a reward does help, but I can understand how those can be seen as band-aids instead of solutions.

Also I did talk with the developers about pushing the Raid Boss off until January, but in order to get the schedule normalized it would need to run next week. The upside of that is that Pirate Clan won't see another Raid Boss until pretty much the last day in January. If you guys do feel strongly about this, I will continue to bring your points across to the developers, but please understand that this schedule has come about in part by other factors and these things are sometimes difficult to move once they are slotted in.

10. Kirsten

I appreciate you trying and that you have no control over what the devs do but I am not buying their reason .

11. "Wow, raid bosses were so awesome to play that we must have a new round before the end of the year..." SAID NO ONE EVER.

Why bother with the pretense of the Harpy as the raid boss when it really ought to just be the Kano Kash Kow?

I think the vast majority of players would rather see Kano fix the various problems with the raid bosses before the next run, rather than rushing into it with at best half-baked and poorly thought-out changes. Kano hasn't yet learned from the disastrous changes to the Battle Arena in Viking Clan. I mean, really?

The raid bosses profoundly unbalance the game. It matters not at all how many skill points you've allocated to attack, defense, or health. You do the same damage and heal the same amount regardless of your allocation of skills or level. If you're willing to spend the cash on favor points, you can advance 2,000 levels in a week on raid bosses -- so why bother to play any of the rest of the game?

For those who argue that you don't have to play the raid bosses: Of course you don't have to play them. Heck, you don't have to play the game at all! But if you don't play them, you run the risk of ending up far behind your opponents who do play them. I already know that whether I fight the raid bosses or not, I will end up thousands of levels behind the whales who are willing to spend unlimited amounts of money to massage their egos.

Sean Lewis and TheLoved1 like this.
  12. bighoof

bighoof Member

I felt the healing was alot better in VC raids vs PC raids....any body else? Seemed like i was able to catch a lvl before i would need a energy boost....but I'm not sure if that's because i have higher resources?

13. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

as a few others have said if you don liek it then dont play but at least this isnt on christmas day or eve then i would be complaining and if you havent caught up on adventures then dont play in the raid this time

also if you are afraid of the players who joined and didnt do anythinginvite only the players that will do someting on the bosss.

one more thing is people saying they spent to much i agree i went overboard as well lol but the thing is the bosses are suppose to take 3-4 days to beat not just bam done

one question i do have though is mi7ch has the damage issue been adressed yet? i know that everybody in a select raid boss will do the same damage but what i dont get is why every raid boss group was dealing basicly the same. if a group of only boss fighters were on the boss they should be doing alot more damage then a diferent raid boss that has only battlers but as it was the first round that didnt matter whatso ever, that was my main thing i wasnt to fond of

14. Kirsten

Yeah well neill all that would work in a parallel universe, but ya may join a boss that a vampire is not on there is not guarantee he won't join after you have joined, and the real issue is allowing someone to run rampant thru bosses without healing them, this particular player is not looking to kill the raid health he is like sniped ,waiting in the wings for someone to heal it so he can attack it again and again,he is not stupid he is just a jerk who says why should he heal it,when others will,be happy he does not show up on any bosses you may join, and it has only been two weeks, since the first one and I doubt I will participate and if I do it will just to do the min and not spend FP's spent enough last time. The raids so far have had longer stretches between them,but if you want to spend be my guest,you would be playing right into kano's idea. BTW I seriously doubt Kano will cancel this event,so have your CC ready :rolleyes: I won't be using mine :cool:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  15. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So the developers would like me to clarify that your stat allocation actually does matter during the Raid event. Having more points allocated into Attack will make you hit much harder as will level (lower levels are scaled up to a degree so they can contribute effectively, though not to where they outclass higher levels). More points in defense will add more Health to the Raid Party when they join as well.

I'll get the developers to review the numbers on this one, but your Skill Point allocation does make a difference when contributing to the Raid. :)

16. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

This isn't a simple "if you don't like it don't play" scenario. People are going to play, simply because they don't want to fall behind and not get the rewards. But what will happen if you run this Raid Boss to frequently, like once a month, is that players will only wind up doing the minimum on bosses and it will be left to the boss owner for the most part to make up the difference.
    And also it isn't about simply "not inviting" people you don't like because you have no control over who other people might invite onto their bosses. One of them could be this guy. And no he's not looking to kill the raid but he is looking for a free ride and simply pretending he isn't there is not an option. And he will get on bosses, especially after the event has ended and we are in overtime where people are just trying to get their Raid Bosses killed off that they started in the last hours on the final day. They will post that publicly in the feeds and he will have his way on there. And of course with the amount of people playing these game not everyone is aware of what this guy is about. So simply put unless safeguards are put into place to prevent things like this from happening again they WILL HAPPEN.

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Kirsten

For me personally, I have no issue with the XP I get for attacking or healing the raids, in any of them so far, I see people asking for 25 energy to heal it all the way or some such thing, My characters are all strong in the three games I play the raids so I do just fine and feel I am getting a good amount of XP for atts and heals.

18. neill1990

does your health have any effect on the boss? or is it only atack deffence?

thought it worked the way normal bosses do but by just addingall the players stats into 1pool of attack deffence and attack

19. neill1990

the first boss i had had about 7 to 10 second boss is when i started inviting slect people but still got 5 less then before but still alot. but then the thirsd boss only took the ones who did a good job at both through the last 2 bosses and didnt have any anymore. working on a raid group have about 10-14 people as of now. if you are interested in joining let me know. all the people i have are efective and want to kill it not just get rewards

also never spent money on the game before dont see a reason to when you can lvl to get FP may take a little longer but youll eventually get there lol

20. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Either play it or don't play it. Cash in or Cash out. People have all difference opinions on the raid boss. I made all mine the last time. I realized it was a waste for me of over 150 favor points to bring my own raid boss down. But yet somehow i was able to do a lot more damage and health on others bosses who either had less players or weaker players in their raids. So for me i am just joining and doing as much damage spread out over all i can. Choice is yours just like calenders you know they are going to have the killer calenders during weekend and weekdays it's your choice if you want to make and effort to do it or not. Is this new gimmick of Kano with Raid Bosses a cash cow option yes i said that earlier obviously if your wasting that much favor points on yours alone then doing it over and over till raids run out you can rack up some money for Kano. So good luck with that also you either choose to open your wallet to them or you don't no one forces you on that either.