Letter of protest from FFF and hundreds of other players to KANO

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Grand Master Fielding, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Yes Kano should be concerned and yes, this has their apparent attention.

2. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Craig - I think each person on here at their core has mostly their own interests at heart. I certainly do. Problem is that there are quite a large number of players who share my frustration - hence why we're now here.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  3. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I for one could care less about the awards for levels. I am not a child looking for a cookie everytime I do something right. I know the limitations to the awards at this point yet continue to proceed. I could always stop getting levels if I so chose. I believe Kano should devote all their time to some of the major issues addressed that effect all players rather the needs of a small vocal minority.

Zoonie and Kirsten like this.
  4. Aardvark

Aardvark Orycteropus Afer

I am actually not a game designer, @Kel the Merciful King! (except on my own time ;) ). However I do often help workshop concepts and participate in internal testing, and we appreciate you sharing your ideas! The team is aware of your feedback and will keep it in mind as we move forward.

In regards to your comments about spending, balancing the mechanics which provide competitive advantage is a BIG topic and not my area of expertise so I won't get into that side. What I am mostly interested in is trying to create environments where is it totally possible to have fun for free (as many of our players do), but where players can choose to pick up extras that enhance their experience. The goal is to earn support by offering players things they might like or find useful, not to hold their fun hostage.

The tricky part is the wide variance in what individual players feel is worthwhile. Different people play in different ways and there is not a lot of consensus. We do our best to walk a middling path by listening to feedback and being open to change while keeping a close eye on engagement numbers, and I really hope people can see that.

Also, a note about feedback! (This is a general note, and is not directed at Kel specifically). :p

Feedback usually falls into one of 3 categories: Negative, Positive, and Suggestions. All three are useful in their own ways and at no point will I ever discourage anyone from sharing what they think. The vast majority of comments are about problems they have encountered. Negative feedback is not a bad thing - it is great when players help us identify and fix issues! :) Suggestions, although we are up to our eyeballs in them, are also appreciated and can help open up new paths and solutions.

However what is arguably most useful is Positive Feedback. It’s handy when players point out what they don't like, or what they think they might like, but it is significantly faster and easier to get somewhere if you focus on the path towards your destination rather than on all the obstacles you are trying to avoid.

This is a bit tricky, since players who are enjoying themselves generally just do so and don't contact us. As such, we usually figure out what parts of the game players like by looking at usage statistics. Unfortunately, while stats can tell us if a thing is being used, they don’t tell us why.

So! If at any point you enjoy yourself and can find it in your heart to let us know the where, how, and why, we will be pathetically grateful. ;) If we know what you like, we can work to preserve, enhance, and replicate those experiences.

5. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Arena 2 months ago...

JADES, LaScepter and Craig Day like this.
  6. ben

ben Active Member

how can ya say its fun when there is more high leveler in the game doing the same o same o everyday and no new content not being put in ???

7. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

There is new content but not many like it

8. ben

ben Active Member

locations ...i did no that was that hard to figure out ;)

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Well , I knew what u meant but these issues need to be addressed for every player not for the small percentage if players that leveled. Themselves past game we need the raids and arena to be kano's focus right now.

10. ben

ben Active Member

its not like these games came out last year you no ... they been here for a few years now and a lot of people dont play them any more ... so the percentage dont even cut it any more you no ... and there is a lot of players dont play all the time ... and there is players that stay at low levels ... so why hold that over the heads of the higher levelers in the game ... to me its a very sorry excuse ;)

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  11. Kirsten

That may be true on certain platforms and I understand you want a new location but it is my feeling things are a bit out of control with these other things and I keep hearing from kano there is or was not enough time for them to do this or that .

12. ben

ben Active Member

far as i am seeing myself far as ba on vc its going down hill fast ...

13. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have quite a few doable ideas to enhance gameplay, 1 instead of buying the new biggest baddest item, sell upgrades, 10 fp to "elite" a loadout item adds 10% att 20% def or vice versa 2 Lottery to 'call world boss" winner gets a item allows them to call the world bosses full wrath down upon a enemy for 24 hrs, once a hour the world boss wallops your enemy 3 items that leach energy or stamina from your victim, or apply weakening effects, weapon has a 1% chance to cast voodoo on your enemy weakening them 15% for1 hr 4 something I always thought was neat from another game when you killed someone you got a ear with their name a token of the kill, maybe you pw kill someone and scalp them?

14. Kirsten

Ughh no thanks lol stam and energy can be bought with FP's that are bought with our hard earned money and no one is gonna mess with anything I have purchased.

15. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Good work Kev finding that !!!

16. Kel the Merciful King

That is right you could not care but do you speak for 16 other players that you can see in your world? They might feel a bit differently privately as each has chasers and are chasing at the same time. Note: there are more than 17 players affected. Used to be 1 (hi Steven!). There are **31** players affected in the Kano games I am in, past the top achievement, waiting and waiting and ... yes waiting.

The way I see it, it is in your interest to keep things as they are, as you are both a chaser and have to be the biggest money player out there by your actions. With the higher level you are focused on, handicapped by this lack of maintenance, for sure you like this!!!! But I am handicapped in another way you are not: by ethics i.e. if I see an exploit, I don't hush it up, I share it with the devs. For someone who did near 600K hits in 2 consecutive BA, in what can only be called an exploit, versus prior arena's, you are in a class of your own.

17. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

I refuse to go down to your level anymore. So a whole 16 players huh? I was not speaking for anyone but myself. As I have pointed out. Frankly, I am tired of your stupid comments and smears. You really want to talk about exploits. Lets talk the 1st cave boss and 2000 levels. And as I have said anyone who has played this game recognizes how much you invested too. Impossible to get where you are and not spend. For example, see 2000 levels on Cave Boss. Quit your whining. Its really annoying and your whole act is real tired.

Kano please fix the major issues that effect the majority of players.

Thank you

18. Kel the Merciful King

I enjoyed getting achievements. The 501 and the 001 were something to look forward to. They were understood as necessary and were sadly promised like an eon ago in internet time to be expanded when I got past the last one. No matter the nice spin here, Melanie, I could clearly quote what could be termed a deceit directly to me in a support email on this matter a long time ago. This is where to the OP, yes, I nodded my head to the deceitful manner I myself have been a victim.

I enjoyed War Mode from day 1. Creates action and teams and the opportunity to meet great people and play that game with them. Believe it or not, your game would have been dead a long time ago, absent it. You will notice if you will, that almost all players are involved in it that are in the Top 30 in FB VC or have been. Only a few are in the hate it camp. Or the not liking it camp, or on the edge, waiting for some decent rewards to that play style. I know folks over the years absolutely love tight races, where my guild will bounty the crap out of the opponent and they us, and the bystanders come to feast (free riders!) but that is our choice to compete hard if they do get the bounties. They see them. In fact, absent war mode related bounties and your stats should show this, not much outside of God Bounties is a happening bounty wise. BTW those God Bounties were supposed to be launched when it went quiet. I think you have a bug there as it seems they do come up right in the midst of lots of other bounties, all war related :p

I enjoy bounty hunting but you all did not like that much my enjoyment or others so you cranked the time when you could hunt in some formula and really pissed me off, especially at the 23rd hour of the 7th day of a season .. timing is everything in life :) That cost you Paul the Fearsome and a few others btw as we saw this game as rigged then just as it is rigged now against skill. He is long past "saving" and happy for having cut his ties here :) BTW since you let a cheat continue, after his 7 day suspension, his cheating has gone way down as your stats should show. Another cheat also that you let continue can barely snag a bounty at all v. getting 3/3 or 4/4 god bounties at one time. Nice and also inspiring sort of (some players having never breached the TOS, think rightly or wrongly that these ruffians should be perm discontinued and hint that they would spend more if had been done like that v. the near pffffffffft now).

I don't enjoy GW as that seems like a cash grab for the "win". You have to use FP's more than you get, to win. Seems like a CChing thing if you ask me. Spruced up, you might see more action there (note I even omitted it from the list of 6 games within this thing called "Viking Clan").

I do enjoy CChing Dog incessantly pestering at my character, both person and game. Thank you for the leeway he clearly has :D He does seem to lose it with his obsession in the Forum here.

Speaking of CChing Dog, I do like you dropping the speaker requirement on World Chat in FB, to match the KP2 WC. This has allowed for a lot of fun there v. the money player's Daily CChing Dog News, who bought his speakers to make his propaganda speeches incessantly. Too bad FB gets a cut of what he spends: I would have my wish list (which I have not yet thought of, oddly or not) and everyone else's done by now and you would have another employee or two. I should actually do my own wish list seeing that some thing this is all about me - hint ... its actually all about all of you so far as an experienced lot with this game.

Going full circle however, while I am in a nice state of mind (coffee with Panama Jack), and you responded so nicely, what are you going to do other than this spin you have here :D ? Is anyone else going to reply? Is the game designer going to show up and explain how the Raid Bosses are not a death knell to the game? Are they willing to face the music? Or we are going to see more of your PR skills at work?

I do hope you recognize that a) I appreciate my views being shared with the company, as I think I personally have not been unreasonable and should be shot down properly within the company, with good net results i.e. the debate there ends up in the betterment of the game v. the destruction of it, and b) some of this is "sarcasm" Melanie, but it goes back to the OP: what are you going to do? What can I tell the 235 members of FFF other than reposting your response here? Is that it?

We do have John still in a back channel on this and I look forward to hearing more on this.

I note personally, am not interesting in healing/playing nothing of "yours" at the moment. You have lost me. I do have my moments however, and this should not make CChing Dog despair (what would he do without his obsession???? stay tuned! ).

Cheers,

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  19. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

lol lizard would never cheat or abuse any rules in the kano game lol , iam sure he got them all payed off well enough to where he dont have too

20. Kel the Merciful King

"Kel" ... gained 1709 levels CChing Dog. Get your facts straight Mr Investigator. And that includes other things than Raid Bosses. Your 400 levels gained during your exploit run while this last Raid boss ran, we should not count ....