[VC] Battle Arena - The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

Most do not like change, with that being said? the arena needed change, the higher lvl's complain about no fight list & some said that is what the arena is for " the higher lvl's" so? there will never be any fight list if the arena is turning into whoever spends the most gains the most & kills the most, I'm sitting on tons of favor points & my lvl is one of the highest on kanoplay & kong, I never join kong because no one plays there, not worth the stam for xp used & its hard to play both arenas at the same time & do well, with that being said? looks like my favor points will keep building, I do not see the need to blow 400-700 favor points just to win in arena, makes no sense, kano is a business this we all know & business runs on money, some will spend no matter what, not this viking ;)

2. Mi7ch... please for the love of all goodness and human kind, please listen to this one small request: It is a simple request and I'm sure your brainy devs can easily do this one. If I am a "saved viking" on someone's list and they kill me from their saved list, could we please delete the save once they have killed the "saved viking"? That way they can't simply go down their list of "saved vikings" and kill everyone that they found to be an easy kill. At least deduct some decent % from their score that they would normally get from their kill reward. I've said it before, Craig killed me 5 separate times in the BA prior to this last one. I have nothing against him, or any of the upper echelon players, but I just completely disagree with this feature of the arenas. Please help us lower level people out. We'd all appreciate it I think.

3. haggis

haggis Member

"If I am a "saved viking" on someone's list and they kill me from their saved list, could we please delete the save once they have killed the "saved viking"?"

this has been requested/suggested many times by many people and I dont think it has been acknowledged once...

every BA update i hope to see this remedied
    PLS make the sharks hunt a bit
    shooting fish in a barrel is not good sport

4. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

---- There were things I liked about the old arena.... There are things I liked about the new arena.....
    The recent move by developers seems to be an attempt to incorporate the best of both, so I am on-board and interested.

I can say initially the idea of a 16 hour "can revive" arena followed by an 8 hour sudden death sounds pretty good. Also, Health can BUILD past what you enter with! (((My concern with the last arena was that sudden death would 'stagnate' as all active players' health went to 0 and we all croaked with no one left alive to clean up, and that did indeed happen.))) So yes, the ability to build health upon getting a kill reward is great, and needed.

--- In short, I would say to all, get in there and give it a shot. The old style arena had its flaws... The new style arena had its. Flaws. So the idea of taking the best aspects of both and working towards improvement I see as a GREAT thing!

mi7ch and Kirsten like this.
  5. amanda

amanda Member

I think you need to keep the heath boost for kill all the way but if you kill that person he or she is deleted from your saved box

6. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Sounds like this is a pretty good balance... Looking forward to trying it out! :D

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Do any of my fellow players, or Kano for that matter, feel that the last viking standing should be the winner of an arena event?

I'm not asking about game mechanics, anonymity, defensive stance, revivals etc etc - just the "last one standing wins" concept - is this fundamental to an arena competition?

chris1995c and George Burd like this.
  8. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Kano entered
    sounds good in theory but when the top player on server 2 can get min attacks then sit in dmode for forever and win without doing a thing and half the other participants pretty much doing the same for a top 20 finish then something isnt right. The point system was needed for a long time, the revive feature killed the arena and in record time

Kirsten, Birkebeiner and Lucifer like this.
  9. Demonik1

Only 232 players in the last server 2 arena, the lowest i can remember seeing it ever. Activity is dropping fast and it doesnt appear to be getting any better, my play included

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  10. Birkebeiner

If I was to propose anything, it would be to fix game play mechanics in such a way that the arena was guaranteed to be an active event and truly an arena - rewarding the last standing with the win.

Defensive stance and a 10 point stamina slider are obvious problems with the game mechanics. People have made suggestions on how to "value" all skill points which seems like a good start at balancing game play and making the arena fun for everyone.

I am in favor of returning to the "old" arena format and incrementally changing its mechanics. The complete change Kano has tried hasn't been a success, but then again, changing everything and getting it right is not a realistic goal (this is why most new ideas fail).

Kano should build on the essential elements of an arena competition. No one revives to fight again in an arena - when you're out you're out. Everyone knows that the arena winner is the last one standing.

Attempting to fix the drastically altered event is fundamentally flawed as it's not actually an arena event any more. As a commercial enterprise, Kano has taken an "asset" and scrapped it in favor of gambling on a new asset - this is an unwarranted risk and horrific corporate governance. Try thinking about Google scrapping it's support of its mobile phone operating system - telling people that Google glass is better for everyone; consider Coke's "New Coke" experiment... you just don't take your assets and scrap them and tell your customers that, "Look, here's something new that's better for you! You don't think so, well it is... fine we'll change it just a little bit... but you'll never get your Classic Coke back!"

George Burd likes this.
  11. Demonik1

Im just tired of being used as testers, if they want to add crap that noone likes then have us test it using their resources, not our own. We all wanted change and the point system was a step in the right direction but along with it came a feature nobody liked or wanted, even after 2 diff versions of it, and theyre cramming it down our throats and forcing us to use it whether we want it or not.

12. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Well... sorry to say..im not choking on the Arena changes anymore....im out...not playing in them anymore....I thought this is why we had a VC council....to test out new changes or additions...before they went live in VC....thats a fail....I loved the BA as much as i love war mode...now all thats left for me is war mode...i play in the Guild Wars (another joke) only because my guild enjoys it...otherwise i would boycott that too....

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  13. Birkebeiner

I suppose GW has the "clan" of Viking Clan concept going for it... I can see people liking it as they get to truly work together - nothing wrong with a bit of team spirit. As you forge player bonds you give people a very good reason to stick with the game. As an aside, our guild leader quit playing VC all together as a result of the changes and Kano reneging on their promise not to give us this "lemon" again.

14. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

For the most part GW is ok...again we have the regen of heath for the guild....should be as old Battle Arena was...you get killed ..your out.....thats sudden death !...yes teamwork at its best...is one of the features i like about it...

15. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

you mean we will no longer be forced to wait for 3 days for the "official" end of the event in PC? that's awesome! i'm sure there will be some vocal complaints about that, though.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Just for clarification, it's an 8 hour "brawl" phase as we call it, followed by 16 hours of Sudden Death. :)

George Burd likes this.
  17. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Even with one day length players still need to refill and play at least two times more compared with the classic arenas, as after 8 hours everyone will be revived again, exception if the numbers will drop very significantly.

18. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I guess KANO (Mi7ch) does not care about answering many people about removing the save in BA. Cents it has been post about many times in this forum and also in others too. I think those of us asking about this, should just start asking daily and maybe in many of these post.

19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

My apologies Nic, I don't make a habit of ignoring posts but I do have to read/respond to a lot of them throughout the day and sometimes things get missed. :(

After the first Battle Arena we did discuss the removal of the Save option, but a couple of the changes made after the second Battle Arena (removal of Health rewards being the primary one) lead us to the conclusion that without a Health reward for killing lower accounts and poor return on score would help with this issue.

20. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

maybe. i think the next one is at 1 am for me (while i'm sleeping), and then i get revived at 9 am (when i'm at work). just like before the changes, if i can't actively participate, i don't worry about entering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.