War Mode...needs some attention

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Oct 29, 2014.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Before i get in to whats on my mind about War Mode i already know several of you will say who cares ..we dont play it...stop whining...to all of you...dont even read this then if WM doesnt matter to you....Awhile back i mentioned that WM needed some Kano attention...WM needs better end of season payouts/rewards...WM is a 7 day run event...many use FP to have the stam to hit for the permitted points and dedicate their daily play to gain a place on the War Mode Leaderboard...the pay out for 1st thru 3rd place is ...NOTHING...ZERO.....but everyone in WM that hit for any amount of points does receive a piddly percentage amout of exp at the end of the 7 day season based on THEIR points...nothing is rewarded to the top 3 or top 5 guilds as whole......come on Kano !!! ... Far more stam/gods is used in WM than the GW....can we PLEASE come up with some additions and adjustments..It will make for a better turn out to play WM and gives a better incentive for the amount of time that it plays....with that said.... HAPPY HALLOWEEN :D;)

2. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

100% agree! Absent war mode, I think you would be missing quite a few players. Its been nearly 3 years, and trophies while to some are pixels, should be something more worthy of staying up, doing all kinds of stuff that otherwise would not make sense (can't say it better than LaScepter did). The gaining of 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/4 or ... of XP as a reward at FP expense (LaSceptor!!!! PS kill ya later ... ).

GPS trophies give the same reward but are show up kind of things. They don't require much beyond showing up which is not easy at the time when its essential to win (shenanigans aside: you are dealing with many players that have to get on, and at an ungodly hour).

WM requires showing up and doing stuff, that otherwise would not be required. Lot of players who play WM would not be daily players I bet all u like (he bows as one of them!).

Both GPS and WM deserve more than XP. And I think this was coming ....

Time to make some words expressed, deeds !

3. LaScepter

Good point about the Trophy's...LOL...you can tell how impressed i am with them....i didnt even mention them..:rolleyes:

Neodreadlord likes this.
  4. Neodreadlord

Neodreadlord New Member

Well said guys I agree entirely.

I took a long time out of the game (2 years roughly) but all the time I played, I have always played Guild Wars original, (now dubbed War mode) but there has always been issues with little payouts...for the amount of time invested in playing, the payout is extremely small. I am level 1926. In the the game overall, even though I'm one of the original players, I am one of the lowest. People like Kel @ level 26829 and LaScepter @ 8692, they dominate the game in strength but the way it is set up points wise the little guy is able to compete with them nonetheless, so you have a playing field that anyone at any level can compete in with a good chance to win, so you get everyone putting everything they have into playing it...at least you did.

People don't dedicate the time to it as much anymore because there is not much reward, up the rewards, draw the crowds, simple mathematics. We have Challenges with good payouts for the time invested, & bosses with good rewards for time invested, but when it comes to multiplayer the rewards are far more lack luster. people love to play the multiplayer side of it, they don't just want to hit bosses and do challenges and level that way, they want to compete, but competing for bragging rights gets old, and a pix-elated image as a reward is very anti-climatic to some of the intense battles that go on for the win in War Mode.

Personally I'd ask that Kano reward the same way they reward for World Bosses. Up the rewards and then stack them in such a way so that you get out what you put in...if someone spends 50k stamina in a week and 5Quad coins, and then their teammate puts in 5k Stam and 1Tril in coins. recognize that and reward them accordingly. but before that happens the payouts definitely have to go up. Give a bunch of favour points or level appropriate rare gear as well as large coin and XP payouts. Once people get wind of it, the amount of people competing for 1st place will increase majorly and activity from all players will increase accordingly.

You get out what you put in...that stands for the developers as well as the players!

I hope this falls on the right ears :)
    Happy Halloween

Jim

5. T-Gar

T-Gar New Member

I cant agree more to this .. Warmode is one of the base things in VC and really should be rewarded better. I understand that solo vikings might not be interested in war, but for good builded guilds its a fun and good way to play the game, and not at all so "scary" many seem to think it is. I dont understand the point playing a wargame and just "farm" around. OK,, there is GW but only now and then. Warmode is all the time. And if you get some better rewards in it ,it might get more people interested to join and play it.

Deblovscats1 and LaScepter like this.
  6. LaScepter

Those of you in War Mode know if there were better rewards you would play harder....the rewards we receive now are based on our personal play....im good with that...can we just up the anty a bit on the exp. and add some gold in there too based on the exp somehow...??....something......??....LOL....WM is actually what brings your actives to play daily or for longer than 5 mins to get the dailies done and collect bosses,...:cool:

7. LaScepter

Well....looks like War Mode is the red headed step child of VC....LOL...point proven...by this thread...or should i say lack of interest...not sure why that is...??..but i do know..if it goes away...many will fall out from daily EXTENDED play in VC...many will become part time players...:(:confused:

Chris Groner likes this.
  8. Kel the Merciful King

How come after getting a few bounties, you block the bounty feature ? Many folks are in war mode to list catch each other and you block them. Bounty delay should be slowed down for war mode players in my opinion, especially folks who bring life to the game v. letting players like me see all the god bounties I want ... Makes no sense what u do. Add this to the 'gripes' too ....

Add another thing: if you are war mode and you are hit, your power heal shoudl be off the same as if you are listed. FIX IT!

And lastly, no response to this thread by Kano? Inspiring really to play the game like this ... NOT!

kevinmalo likes this.
  9. James O. Fry

James O. Fry New Member

I agree, the rewards are almost nil for the time we play.....good point! Also known as Bjorn Jim in the game!

10. LaScepter

Maybe set it up to be paid out like the Battle Arena/Guild Wars...for 1st thru 3rd...might even attract more players in war mode....as mentioned before...its the longest running event in VC...a full 7 days...it deserves some attention...

kevinmalo and Chris Groner like this.
  11. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

I really wonder if KANO just puts forums/Player council up for window dressing or are they reading and taking customer (players) suggestions on improving game play at all? I really wonder...

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  12. Kel the Merciful King

I think considering a thread once started by Kano on war mode and ending it, is it ended ? No reason to play by me further would exist.

13. LaScepter

As sure as im sitting here ....if Kano removes war mode...Im done with VC...I have taken a break from war mode months ago...and let me tell you..it was the most boring 2 weeks of my VC life...no motivation to play ..let alone everyday !

Englander likes this.
  14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We have no intention of removing War Mode anywhere in the near future. I started that thread at the behest of the developers to get some input on War Mode; unfortunately the way I worded it left a lot to be desired.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  15. LaScepter

Ok...with that said...any word on some attention to WM ..from the Devs ???

16. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

I am playing in war mode in Mob Wars, but how do you play in War Mode in VC? I don't see any clans in warmode? I'm probably missing something really silly? :p

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Your guild needs to be in war mode.

18. Deblovscats1

Deblovscats1 Active Member

I may be new to war mode But I LOVE IT! And I agree 100% it needs some attention & I'm very glad you brought it up!!! Players AND Guilds need more incentive to play war mode! Skill points, FP's, whatever, I am by far not the expert! So throw out some ideas! This is after all suppose to be a fighting game! Let's get some fight incentive here!!!

LaScepter likes this.
  19. Susanne Rautelius

Susanne Rautelius Active Member

Totally agree had be very good for WM :D

20. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

As i have been in war mode for long time now, i have 3 suggestions to the devs that can help improving war mode which i will put up for your consideration:
    1) Bounty's placed by a war mode players on other war mode players can be claimed ONLY by war mode players.

2) Most just dont join because they dont like to get killed over and over, so i suggest that players out of range can be bountied ONLY 1 time by the same player, is true that you get only 10 wps 1 time for placing a bounty on an out of range players, but as it is we can still put someone up for an xxx ammount so we get 9 wps for the kill so i suggest that this will be removed.

3) And i think that is very crucial and definitely not new to suggest, improve the rewards as it is rewards are just a joke and those that play war mode as La Scepter said is because without it is so much boring and no reason to play.

Hope that we have some feed back from you Kano about this matter, is been a long time that war mode was implemented and there was never a change in it and as most of us knows it was always battled between 3 mostly 4 guilds and those like us that are in it want to see more action trough the week, and i am sure that there are more than 4 guilds out there that can be competitive as we can see from the guild wars, but there are much more better rewards, so it is more attractive for guilds to join.