[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm working on getting an official post out to you folks ASAP.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

thanks mitch, appreciate it

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I built my character to win in a game based on the rules that were given, so we change the rules too completely negate all those skill points? and I shouldn't be upset? "I think if the arena is changing to anything like it just was then the defense mode damage modifier should be a all the time damage modifier that or people built for defense should have the option to reallocate skills" you all kind of missed the point where I suggested a option other than reallocating skill points.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  4. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I think you're ok to think about what's happened as a breach of trust...
    You didn't spend FPs on buying defensive weapons and warriors too - did you?

5. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If you build your character a certain way, it's the risk you take. No do-overs. No point reallocations. When will it ever end? People have to take responsibility for what they do and stop blaming KANO.

Kehvyn likes this.
  6. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Very good post dude. Agree completely. :cool:

Kirsten likes this.
  7. gods people

gods people Active Member

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BATTLE ARENA. YOU HAVE KILLED IT.

8. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Eric - it's gonna be 50% worse than the last arena.

9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Yeah i saw that in another thread. Ive already messaged support about taking me out of it, i want no parts of it which is sad cause everyone that knows me knows how much i love the arena no matter where i place

Birkebeiner likes this.
  10. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

Not true, there's still a strategy to it, and there has always been an advantage to those who could spend more, for stam refills, even in the regular arena. I "only" spent 30, I've spent far more in the regular arena, and didn't place as well. You can save up thirty before the next arena without spending a dime of real cash. Only a handful will spend tons of real cash, so your chances are about the same as they always were, unless you just like getting 100 attacks and hiding, which takes away from the spirit of the game IMO.

As far as the defense builds are a waste, yet another untruth. The fewer times you die, the more points you rack up. I would go into more detail, but I'd be giving away my strategies. My defense is much higher than my attack, it still makes a difference.

Yes the new rules need tweaking, but I think Kano is really on to something!

11. George Burd

Here is a active balanced arena idea for you: get rid of def stance, and make skills in def simply mirror the bonuses you give attack. yes when you lose a attack on your target they get the health bonus as if they had attacked you, revives ok all for it, bring back the kill reward. winner simple health points plus wins plus score points equals total

Birkebeiner likes this.
  12. George Burd

since all the attack code is written it should be simple to just mirror everything for defense, and I cant imagine the devs would have a rough time making your score add to health and wins to equal a total score. its a win win for everyone, easy for devs players cant complain truly the toughest smartest viking will show he has the biggest beard

Birkebeiner likes this.
  13. George Burd

I am sure it will not take long for people to come up witj reasons why this couldnt possibly work, but honestly its how it always should have been, I always found it a little strange that I can only hold my "defensive stance" for so long but a enraged viking could swing his axe forever never growing tired? hmmm

Birkebeiner likes this.
  14. George Burd

or i guess it could be amusing if they mirrored from the def perspective, roaaar swing swing swing, huff huff puff when can I swing full strength again? lol try playing a def character watching waiting hiding when necessary till only a few are left then springing out for kills at the end when you get a att bonus

Birkebeiner likes this.
  15. Does anyone know whether or not they did away with the saved targets list? Or will I be killed each and every time I try to play just like the last time? The very same "viking" killed me five times last arena. Sometimes within minutes of me coming back into the arena. It was not an enjoyable experience for me. Just hoping that someone will have this answer for me before it starts.

16. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

I'm curious as t
    I'm curious as to why you didn't just go into defensive stance once revived. To sit and watch someone kill you sounds a bit odd. With the new setup, the saved list doesn't mean as much. I won't say more though!

17. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

Defensive stance would have been pointless last time. Why spend FPs just to wait and see if someone kills you last time. With the way C Dog talked last time, he did not care. He just wanted to kill. I am not playing this one, but heard it's just as bad. I am sure many are just waiting for the 8 hours after a person is killed, because then they will be revived. So they can kill again. The Battle Arena is just for the high levels to get higher. And the low levels to stay low.

George Burd likes this.
  18. It was Craig that killed me, and he would have done so whether I was in defensive stance or not. He has before and he would have that time as well. A player just under 6 thousand doesn't stand much chance against a player over 11,000.

19. And one more thing... I don't really think that taking away our health bonus for a kill is effective. It just means that people will attack like crazy until the final day when everyone ducks under their rock. The fear is that they will lose health points and look like the weak link (at which time someone is bound to swarm on them like flies on stink). It is much safer to just sit and pray that nobody finds you.
    Bring back health bonuses for kills and take away the saved viking link for the person that killed you. Say for example, if I killed "viking" (who had been on my saved list) I could simply wait for them to respawn and then kill them all over again. Easy peasy. Take it away please Kano it is simply not very cool and even the top couple of players argued against it!

20. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Most everyone argued against it King - problem we have is that KANO is showing over and over again how little they value the input of their players (aka the people who pay their salaries).