Armada Wars Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2014.

1. shadow hawk

shadow hawk New Member

I have two things I do not like. I wish the token refill option was based on a 24 hr day instead of from the time I refilled. I realize that this has the potential to allow someone to refill 6 times if they refilled right before the day ended, and right after the new day started. Still it would be nice to know exactly when I could refill.
    I also do not like losing the points for my kill after my armada dies. This is a tough rule for armadas that are just starting out. We are already cannon fodder for the higher armadas. It doesn't seem to give much incentive for the new armadas to participate.

2. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Everyone loses points no matter what when you die. Always been that way yes sucks because every point counts in this game and you wonder how many points you truly lose over the course of wars when your armada dies from asshats who team up on you.

3. shadow hawk

shadow hawk New Member

At my armadas level we lose every point from our kills. Now if I could get more of my members to participate it might be different. Still my main incentive is the ability to level up quickly since we will never win. Not used to playing games that I have 0 chance of winning.

4. Jon Ward

If your losing points at every kill shadow hawk. You need to look at your health. When your being attacked down by someone trying to kill you then you start to lose war points over certain breaking points in your health the further your health depletes itself the more your war points depletes also. So if your getting 20 war points at full health and someone has knocked off half of your health and you only get 10 war point their is your answer for you. As long as you stay near healed or fight when your at full health you will receive max war points. However when you die you die and you will still lose war points.

5. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i like the first idea, because i lose out on tokens every other war because it always starts on a friday and ends on a tuesday and i'm at work. maybe an ability to carry up to 400 to allow for a full regen once only when the war starts, and then 300 the rest of the time would address the issue that i'm sure that i'm not the only player facing. as far as losing points, i could care less. i hardly get any kills, so there are no points to lose. i just participate for xps now, i have absolutely zero chance of getting a top 10 ranking (very similar to arenas in that sense).

6. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

Hello PC players! I have come all the way from the LCN Forums just to drop in and wish everyone a VERY Happy Holiday and a GREAT New Year! I would normally leave a game tip, strategy, or suggestion, but because I have NEVER even played PC, it just wouldn't be appropriate (or of ANY use)! :rolleyes::eek::D:p:cool:o_O:confused:

George Burd likes this.
  7. Jon Ward

Anyone up for changes in armada wars yet or shall we keep going at this. We have heard a lot of players complaining about it being dished back to them. Now what do you say when tables are turned.

8. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I haven't heard any complaints. :D

George Burd likes this.
  9. Sean Lewis

Sean Lewis Member

Yeah - no problems or complaints here from our armada. We had another nice relaxed war (no pressure to spend DJ's and use up tokens) and still ended up 6th. I noticed a certain armada who appeared to have spent the entire war trying to ruin our fun ended up waaaaay back in 13th. I love living rent-free in their heads. :cool: Keep it up Jon - are you mad because there is no loophole built yet that gives you an advantage in this aspect of the game? Oh wait - there is always the Dancing Dogs armada option ....:eek:

TheLoved1 likes this.
  10. Yep, no complaints from my armada. We got nice rewards for playing a relaxed war and didn't even have to violate the Kano Terms of Service to do that. Nor are we stupid enough to spend 48 DJ's apiece to maybe possibly have a shot at winning 20 DJ's and end up 28 DJ's in the hole.

No, it seems like the only ones throwing a tantrum are the ones who feel like it is their preordained right to win every armada war thanks to the indulgences purchased by spending thousands of dollars on Favor Points.

Sean Lewis likes this.
  11. The only person who seems to be crying about the armada wars seems to be YOU. JRA was very happy with how the last armada war went, and we didn't have any alliances for the war. Nor have we ever needed the "help" of the dancing dogs to "improve" our placement in the war.

12. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

I would love the idea of having that range up to 400 tokens since armada wars start always so late for Europe time and also end up to late. Wish kano had that in mind also , european players have alot to lose what war starts at 2 am and ends up at 2 am. Wish they find a way to compensate those hours since not many wanna stay up late and play .
    And Jon for the last time you need stop zeuren , no point in making drama where is none . We do not cares you hits us since the rewards are not enough for us even to try win it . Armada wars are just for fun and exp , so even in red we get same exp from a hit just less points but who cares since we all save DJ for the raids ;)
    So relax , take a glass of rum and cheer up . :confused:
    Who cares how everyone wants to play his game :rolleyes:

DrunkPunk and Sean Lewis like this.
  13. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

if wars are so "relaxed", doesn't that mean that there's something wrong? basically, all you need to do is get a few daily players to have a decent ranking. mine isn't even half full, and we can get into the top 20 each time without hardly trying or spending FPs.

14. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Yes it is wrong , cause you need to use 48 DJ to have a chance of getting 20 , we did said here many times the rewards are not worth it to try , from an attack on armada war i get same exp i was attacking someone in my range so those DJ are not worth spending , with raids now peoples prefere those stamina refills to get into more and more raids , and that will be the wise choise to make .
    So yes the armada wars are no fun anymore and serve no purpose for many of us ;)

Sean Lewis likes this.
  15. greatM

greatM Active Member

As I see it dj for refills is optional, we find that some lower level players and some others, use dj when we suggest there is no need to, because they enjoy the buzz of playing / going for a kill in the AW event and get good xp from it.

From my experience of playing AW if you have enough in your armada playing as a team and working together, the even it is great fun and you can achieve surprisingly great results.

Skills distribution and loadout, is the key to doing above expected in the event.( as long as you have teamwork. ), especial for the lower level players.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  16. greatM

greatM Active Member

I would suggest:-
    There is a modification to the increase in max tokens currently 200 going to 300 when you log into the AW page.

While still starting at 200 from the start of the event, i would suggest that all start increasing token up to say 250 until they log into the event.
    Then when they log, it increase to 300 that way players that are not able to start playing at the start of the event do not loose out so much because of time zones and start time.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Personally I think Armada wars is a silly side event,I could care less who wins or loses, just like the arena, no one really cares. lol

18. greatM

greatM Active Member

I think this has merit with more thought.
    It seem unfair that and A class armada ( of which I am in an A class team ) killing a c/d/e class still results in them losing AW points.

I would suggest that if you kill an armada at least 2 classes below so A killing C or below, A/B killing D or below, A/B/C killing E, they do not loss any AW from being killed. :)

19. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I think it would be more cutthroat of you lost all aw points when you die

20. Michael Cooper

Michael Cooper New Member

I am curious as to how "Skills" are set. I've noticed pirates that are lower levels than I, have higher skill sets.