[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective December 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes VC ok gotcha

2. J Couch

J Couch New Member

@GB -- I think you are missing the point about the Hit and Hide -- based on the stats you quoted how do you think that would make you fall into the classification of a 'hit and hide" player?

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

it doesnt, my point exactly. These changes damage my gameplay as much as it does to those that they complain about J

4. Kirsten

The Turtles need to participate and not hide out doing 100 min attacks and then use def mode for 4 hours then rank better than the players that put themselves out there in harms way and actually attacked and tried for kills,if anyone thinks doing 100 attacks and clicking Def mode and ranking in the top ten is deserving, I beg to differ,want to let them rank that high, ok but no reward, or a separate list for hiders,def mode has its place when ya getting pounded and ya gonna go down but that is not why these players use it, they use it to skate by,so maybe the point system will make fighters out of them instead of turtles.

J Couch likes this.
  5. George Burd

ok I can agree on the 100 attacks being too low, but there are better ways of balancing the game then nerfing entire builds.

6. J Couch

J Couch New Member

That's my feeling about the point system Kristen. Each person is free to build their character how ever they want -- attack heavy, even distribution, or defense heavy; however, if you are going to join a battle arena then battle -- it is called "Battle Arena" for a reason -- it is not called the "Min. Attack and Hide Arena".......
    I have no issue with the multi hour defense people that actively participate before they enter defense mode or after their defense time runs out (like GB) -- they would still benefit from the points system so their placement at the end of a normal BA (sudden death from the begging) would be warranted.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. George Burd

not even close J, I used to use 3-4k stamina lvl several times and make top 10%, new arena lol top 20% 1 lvl and 3x the stamina

8. J Couch

J Couch New Member

All I can tell you is the last roll out of changes I placed in the same general area as the other arenas I have participated in (when I remember about the start time and can actually participate) -- leveled the same amount when I actively participated - and used the same amount of stamina as I generally used when actively participating.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. George Burd

that would most likely be because until now I was in top 10, with bonus damage and xp before and now i have to scrap with folks at the beginning.

10. J Couch

J Couch New Member

And if Kano were to keep the point system (with a possible modification based on when someone is eliminated) and do away with the revive feature you would be right back where you normally place.....
    If the revive feature stays -- it will be interesting to see how well received it will be when an Arena is schedule for the same time as a War........

Kirsten likes this.
  11. George Burd

12. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

Looking at the new features I'm hoping we will be somewhere closer to a much fairer system of play.. Can't believe anyone who didn't have the potential to finish top 10 is still bleating about the old style set-up.. It was very dull and always predictable.. The only chance element was which one of 8 or 9 players would actually win it..
    At least this way the more you participate over the tournament, the greater your opportunity of securing a top 5% finish.. The new rules allow for emerging players to attain a higher placing and a greater amount of freedom over an extended period..
    It's now not so important to promptly be at it from the word go which usually meant you would miss out on quite a few tournaments..

13. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

maybe. but if you're not promptly at it at the word go, most of the easier targets have already been killed off, and you're left with attacking all of the higher level players that you can't kill. i still managed to do pretty well in the last one, even though i got killed twice.

George Burd likes this.
  14. Mark Orkar

Mark Orkar New Member

As I said after the last BA changes at least keep the signin bonus then I get something and can ignore the BA when it is active. You completely dismantled something I enjoyed. Go back to what it was before nameless Vikings.

George Burd likes this.
  15. Kirsten

The revive thing , ehhhh not gaining health is gonna be interesting when killing someone???, guess time will tell, butI do like the no names and the 10 stamina slider and the idea of a point system, when I play I rank usually top ten or top twenty.

16. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I do play on kong & like some of these changes, the reason? it stops some of the ones that hide till there buddies kill off all the competition lol - ive said it many times before, its easy to place if you work in teams in arena, looks like kano is trying to put a end to the team work & now? you have to fight to survive or to place, on kong there is hardly anyone playing, easy to know who is who in arena there, by the stats, with these changes? maybe the buddies might just kill each other & who knows who will place in top 20, will it change who wins? nope, that goes to whoever wants to use the most favor points, but now everyone that really fights can benefit in arena, turtles can still do well, always someone weaker to attack, kano even lets lvl 250 in arena now so no more excuses lmfao!

Kirsten likes this.
  17. I have really enjoyed playing in battle arena in all the games but if this is what it's going to turn into. You can't make up nick names and you can't gage when to play when to not get slaughtered. I'm not playing it again. It was way too long you can't stay up for this and I don't have the stamina for this looooong of a battle arena.

18. Dunk Nielsen

Dunk Nielsen Member

will not be playing again this BA is BS

19. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

I can actively play this arena but i wont, and wont be playing BA until you change it back to what most of us enjoyed before.

20. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Well done Kano, you turned this game in a cash cow for you..hitting with 3 stamina an opponent in my range to get just 380 / 420 xp? thank you but no thank you! where is the xp that we used to gain before?