[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective December 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 2, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

After the feedback that we gathered during the previous Battle Arena (thank you!) we are making some much-needed changes.

One issue that came up during Battle Arena is that higher level players were able to stack up their health by repeatedly targeting lower-level players. Lower-level competitors were left with little incentive to revive and would often lose Score quickly when they tried.

Empty fight lists were also a problem, as was the mid-event lull where lower-level players were not reviving and higher-level players had no one to fight.

We want the Arena to be an event where everyone can have fun and benefit from being active, so for the next Arena we are making some changes:
    • Players will no longer receive Health boosts for killing another competitor
      • This will prevent cases where players were able to build up a massive reserve of Health by attacking lower-level competitors upon revival
      • This also disincentives players to save lower-level players as targets because without the Health boost, there is no real reason to repeatedly kill a lower-level competitor because the score is not as good as targeting a player near or above your level
    • Score loss on Death now 5% instead of 33%
      • While we do want Death to have a bit of a sting, 33% turned out to be far too much
    • Players can revive after 30 minutes, instead of having to wait a full hour
      • We want players to be able to get back into the action faster. With the above changes, there will be more reason to get back into the fray and earn some score
      • The ability to revive also means that players who are not able to be on for the start of the Arena will have the ability to jump in when they are able and have a fighting chance
    • Early Revival costs have been dropped to 5 FP for the first one, with the cost increasing by 5 FP for each additional Early Revive
      • We lowered the cost to make this option more accessible
    • Players who have been killed will regenerate after eight hours if they haven’t already revived. This will ensure a variety of accounts for everyone to hit and help avoid dead spots during the event
      • Like last time, all players who are dead when Sudden Death starts will regenerate. Again, there will be no Score reduction on Death during this portion of the Arena

2. ben

ben Active Member

you can pretty much say ba is done for ... i can not be leave what i just read ...

Grand Master Fielding and JADES like this.
  3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

No health boosts for killing opponents?
    I can already hear the bitchin about auto revival every 8 hours as well.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  4. Lucky Lonnie

Lucky Lonnie New Member

Hope this does not come to server 2 sounds horrible out of the 170 that even join the BA only about 50 play and half of them only do the minimum attacks then ride defense for hrs.

5. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Im done...:confused: :mad:...enjoy your corrupted and destroyed Battle Arena...the BA has been broken...Good Luck to all who play...I wont be..

Crazy, Darth Vader, ben and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Soooooooooooooooo .... One cannot grow their size? Without the health boost ... other than XP ... you rack up a score. Is that correct? So the size of everyone will stay the same throughout the arena? Scratching my head on this impact.

Crazy likes this.
  7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Geee you know the original Arena was not really broken. Please tell me I am not getting this and that there is no more reward for killing anyone. Whats the Point?

Darth Vader likes this.
  8. Craig Day

Gee 4 long term players just said Bah!!!!!!

LaScepter likes this.
  9. Kel the Merciful King

This sound like Valhalla Vikings for 3 days? And the person who spends the most FP's? Again ...scratching my head but I find the whacking of someone who does not whack back rather unthrilling.

10. Kel the Merciful King

Yah ... Bah with an asterisk!

11. Craig Day

Congratulations on destroying the one part of the game which actually took a little skill and strategy. Here is an idea. Make it a Battle Arena Calender this way no ones feelings will get hurt when they get killed. Then, everyone gets a trophy

Darth Vader, LaScepter and ben like this.
  12. ben

ben Active Member

i find it very sad :( in what they in what there doing to ba :(

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ugghhhhh I don't even like the arena that much and this makes me like it less,tonite is prob my best and last :)

LaScepter and ben like this.
  14. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

CMON you are making another BIG mistake... just leave BA as it was , it WAS FINE!

Listen to me please D:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  15. Kirsten

Just change the benchmarks for ranking, raise them higher maybe add a kill to it also,keep the slider and the no names, it is getting complicated, we play these games to get away from it all lol

16. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I say revert it back to original arena as it started out and work again from there.

Put slider back to 1 only (to help out those that bitchin about def stance)
    3 day event if comes down to it (no revival/sudden death)
    Names/search are still viewable (it's a competition, use the feature to max extent)
    No scoring system (last one standing)
    Participation of 100 attacks could be increased, rather than these new set-up's changes if need be.

Not sure if forgot any of the original features, chime in if forgot anything.

LaScepter and kevinmalo like this.
  17. Kirsten

No names, so no gang banging or the lame """ "This is my name,so don't hit me" """ crap ,ya have the wars for team work and teaming up .

Increase benchmarks so turtles have to engage and participate to have a chance to rank
    Leave the slider at 3 and 10 when health is low

NO REVIVAL, 3 days long arena pfffft no thanks

AlterEgoT and ben like this.
  18. ben

ben Active Member

i think ba is just fine and dont need these type of changes ... the in pack of these changes is going to be bad like the last time ...

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

When we didn't have a slider defense stance was not a viable option to good placing in the arena. This also allowed more people to play if not around for the start of the arena, Face it, 3 stam=3 times faster, given the 10 stam introduced close to death even makes it shorter.

20. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

you have GOT to be kidding me....so, after all the negative feedback about the revive feature, its still in play and you cant gain health, you can only lose it....welcome to the turtle show....people will get min, sit in defense till theres easy pickins left and no one thats been active has done anything but lose health....completely idiotic and you can count me out

AlterEgoT likes this.