[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Raid bosses has not been removed , they will be back, it is in PC right now

2. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

No they are removed .It is the same like I was telling you: I you missed the train!- and you answer me:-No the train will return after 2 months or 3 months in the future indefinitely :)

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Darth Vader and Kirsten like this.
  4. Kirsten

What is removed the raid boss, it is an event it will make the rounds in the games,one at a time,it is in Pirate clan right now , it was never meant to be a everyday thing. did not miss anything I am in 17 of them in PC right now, and about or less than maybe 2 weeks ago it was in LCN. Geeeze at least have the right info lol

5. John Luna

John Luna Member

Totally agree with Bully here, not worth it. I lost all interest in it. A true cluster f$%# with little or no regards to those who actually took the time way back to share their view on these coming changes. Quite a handful wrote that it would not workout and yet the flawed product was pushed out. Nicely done.

Darth Vader likes this.
  6. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

On the Viking Battle Arena, I did just fine without spending but maybe 30 favor points. People are only assuuming you have to have "all these kills" or "all this activity". You just have to have more than most of the others. I like the new format, if it only went on for 24-36 hours. The full three days is too much. BTW, I missed the entire third day and still ranked in the top 20

7. Karess

Karess Member

I actually LIKED this battle arena, it was the first time I've had any fun for a long time. Yes, there are a few tweaks needed, but overall I think it was good for all players and not just for the top few players.

I liked the respawn feature and how it was implemented.
    However, (a) when a player dies they need to be wiped from all lists they are saved in, and (b) when respawning a player should have a 2-3 minute window in which they don't show up in the lists.

People don't like change, especially when they see it in view of something that isn't specifically beneficial to THEM - this is a game and all features should be somewhat beneficial to players of ALL levels. At least this time the lower levels had a chance to reap some rewards without being an outright slaughterfest.

Thanks for trying Kano, you will never be able to make every player happy no matter what.

8. John Luna

John Luna Member

sucking up the exhaust pipe, arena sucked. Beneficial to whom?, some who can sit in deff forever hitting minis all day. Pls.

Darth Vader likes this.
  9. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Active Member

BINGO John Luna !!!

10. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have noticed it appears defense heavy players take the biggest hit with all these new Ideas for arena, with respawn ability def mode is basically atime waste and not a strategic hold until the higher xp rounds. I think if the arena is changing to anything like it just was then the defense mode damage modifier should be a all the time damage modifier that or people built for defense should have the option to reallocate skills

Birkebeiner likes this.
  11. MobMan

MobMan Member

I liked the new changes, I'm hoping there will be similar changes for the other apps too, make it a bit more competitive.

12. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

No thanks. If you allocated points for an event that only takes place once a week (if that), whose fault is that? Now you just have to change your future allocation, no re-allocation should be allowed.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  13. Eric Thunderbone

Eric Thunderbone Active Member

I gained about 45 levels this time (as opposed to 10-15 on a good day under the old system). Needed about 120 FP to do it, so a net of 75 after gaining one per level. A couple times I revived I only got 200-300 attacks in before getting killed but just waited an hour and tried again. Other times I got 4000 or more in. I wasn't really trying to get kills, I just hammered on people as fast as I could to gain the XP for that. I knew i had no shot at rewards (finished 218th) though. Soooo, if I got 45 levels, I wonder how many hundreds some of the big boys and girls got!!
    Long story short, with a couple minor tweaks as mentioned a few posts ago, I'm ok with this format

Kirsten likes this.
  14. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

YES you only NEED TO SPEND MORE than the rest to rank better...

Birkebeiner and Kirsten like this.
  15. Kirsten

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Reallocate cause they chose the road less beneficial, cause they thought they were playing farmville instead of a fighting game yeah ok Do Overs???? , NO no way Jose that has to be the funniest comment yet.

Old Salt likes this.
  16. Kirsten

indeed , Jared, indeed :)

Old Salt likes this.
  17. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Me also Bully. KANO really should be ashamed. This was a bigger disgrace than the RAID bosses. Didn't think I'd ever say that either.

Lucifer likes this.
  18. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

The main issue was the fight list. The regeneration was a bad idea, because it was so complicated that no one could wrap their heads around it. What was great about the arena in the past was that it was a fight to the death. And anyone and everyone had a legit shot to win. Even mid level Vikings!!!! Travis of KANO Server 2 quite often finished top 5, and he's a level 4000. But not having a working fight list? And to have this happen repeatedly? For shame!!!!

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

so kanonites....what WILL the next arena be like? its less than a week away and id like to know, as would most participants

George Burd likes this.
  20. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I will have a good starting time in a month, I hope until then there will be pages of happy and satisfied feedback.

Kirsten likes this.