[LCN] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective October 23

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

Is there a more accurate eta to the score system being introduced? Also will the score system be introduced alongside the whole anonymous mobster system? I'm not a huge fan of the anonymous system as it's very difficult to remember which mobsters are soft targets within your own feed (even with the saved targets). Will be interesting how many people will have the time to play a full 2 day BA as well!

2. Mike Lyons

Mike Lyons Member

glad i found this out before it started...i was prepared for the new style

3. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

aww crap, I thoughjt we were going to th new system, I guess they are going to tweek it from the results/data from the VK arena

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Interesting. I wasn't looking forward to these changes, but a buddy of mine told me that he just got his highest ranking ever in Vikings. Now I don't know what to think.

Kirsten likes this.
  5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I am hearing from friends and seeing that also, I did not join it but looking at the winners, we may be on to something.

6. Matt Gerrits

Matt Gerrits New Member

So I'm getting pieces of info here and there about a new revive option slated for the near future for BA. I'm just wondering why? Nobody could really give me much of an answer as to why specifically. I get it if it was for those who were not able to get in on the action when it started for reasons of sleep, work, school, etc. However, wouldn't that solidify the top ranked players even more to those spots? This past Arena, close to 100 players knocked out in the first 10 minutes. Give these players the option to revive and nearly 80% will get wasted again within minutes by the same higher ranked players. Am I looking at this from the wrong angle perhaps?

7. Vic

Vic Active Member

i keep hearing a lot about arena changes. it does not sound like anything has changed in mob wars yet. will an announcement be made before any changes take place?

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Any changes to any of the other games will be announced at least a week in advance of the Arena's start date.

9. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Please dont change other arenas and keep it to vc only , wich is already ruined...

10. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

hopefully, this will all get worked out before the next arena that i can participate in (not the next one coming up).

11. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I didn't particularly like that the Syndicate War & Battle Arena overlapped this week, and because they did, I was essentially "forced" to use a TON of Stamina within just one day (or more accurately within a few hours) in order to participate in both (and have a chance at doing well)! The starting time for the Syndicate War although was GREAT, and I hope we can make that permanent, as I have heard SO much positive feedback (from people located in many different places around the world) regarding the SW start time. With that being said, I realize there are MANY people in MANY different time zones and it must be extremely difficult to find SW and BA start times which please everyone. If I had to choose between the two overlapping or the start times, I would pick to keep the start times the same and have them overlap (but I sure did have to use a TON of Stamina to efficiently play both at the same time)! :eek:

12. RaeY

RaeY New Member

I'm fairly new to this but I don't see how this is fun or engaging for lower level players. Two minutes into the event and I'm already unconscious. Happened the first time I tried it earlier this month (this is my second time joining Battle Arena).

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I just about everyone is, I stopped playing it years ago when they made this and other changes , this post is from 2014

14. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Hi @RaeY, welcome to the Mob Wars: LCN and the forum. Battle Arena is something that is on our radar as a feature that "needs improvement" to say the least. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know though, especially through the eyes of someone who has just been introduced to it.

Unfortunately I don't have much more concrete to say other than that. We are aware and we would like to make it a better experience for everyone. 2 mins of gameplay isn't very fun at all. When we have something more definite to say about this we will certainly share it on the Forum.

15. RaeY

RaeY New Member

Thanks for the insight. It's a fast-paced feature (great!) but the experience is more waiting to heal/be conscious again. I also suspect my shelf life in the Battle Arena has more to do with being a new player, lower lever, lower health numbers that the other veteran players. In any case, looking forward to what y'all develop! Thanks!

16. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with being a new player, low level player, or having low health. Of course, older players, higher level players, and those with higher health have advantages. But not as much as you might think, it's pretty much luck of the draw and if someone happens to find you out of defensive stance, which doesn't take long.

17. Adjust the knock out time for lower level mobsters so that they can reenter faster than us highlevels, that'll give em a better shot at scoring decent. Also would make the arena more interesting for us high levels, since as it is right now you have to be there in the first few minutes to have a fair shot at top 5.

18. Reesy901

Reesy901 Member

If you wanted more interesting, how about random pools with knockout? So almost like a tournament where you bash it out in your pool and the winner(s) advance to the next round. Then so on and so forth until you have a standalone winner. Heck even alternating between current format and other "wild card" formats would be fun. Not having a constant BA meta would certainly spice it up. Another variation would be random assigned teams for BA in which the collaborative score of the team would give the team the overall position at the end of BA. On that theme, a syndicate based BA where it's the collective scores of each syndicate would determine placing would be fun.

I would like to say that all this is green light/blue sky thinking and I certainly don't think these formats for BA are great for every week play, unlike the current format which I think has great staying power & you've done a really good job on for the most part. However, a rotation of BA formats would allow for players of different levels and builds to compete better in a meta which is pretty unforgiving for the weaker among us.

19. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Oh no, "improvements" to BA.
    Probably improvements in the same way as they screwed up raids, the ability to make it better to be an alt sync in sw than being the second best, their ability to take better care of cheaters than regular players, the way kano removed the ability to list players more than a few times before increasing the price drastically, removing the value of being high skilled in Raids with the equalizing of damage.....

I surely hope you will make improvements in another way than the standard

RafeDavid and Kay-Arne Hansen like this.