[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

and the game will be flooded with level 250 alts that will be killed over and over and over again.

2. ben

ben Active Member

simple thats the way kano is making it if they want a better rank ... you would have to be blind not to see it ... come on wake up its kanos job to get players to use fp but this is wrong how can any one say this is ba they have changed the whole content of it ...

George Burd likes this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Yes I get that,but if ya gonna go into debt for a ranking, think Priorities , again ya spend if ya want and ya don't spend if ya can't that is a pretty simple premise,no one forces us to do anything,we always have a choice, don't blame kano if we can't control ourselves . When we die ya think the head stone is gonna say,He/She won the Arena :p

4. ben

ben Active Member

hog wash ... want to try a gain ... what part did you miss when i said its kanos job to get players to spend fp ??? how do you really think other wise ...

5. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Kirsten are you on Kano's payroll?

6. Kirsten

NO I just have a different perspective than most people and just look at what I said, if someone cannot control spending on a game if they cannot afford it I hardly thing it is anyone's issue but their own,sure we are game junkies,but stop blaming .

7. ben

ben Active Member

i am not blaming kano more power to them in wanting to make more money ... but changing the whole content of ba to do so is wrong ...

George Burd, kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  8. Kirsten

Was just making a general observation ,not directed at you Ben,just the idea that people are behaving as if they have no control.

9. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Kano, I still do not see what the problem is about give each player the choice on which BA he wants to do.

10. bighoof

bighoof Member

Another vote for no revival....i like short and sweet....have 2 arenas in that time frame if you want more arena

11. Debra Otter

Debra Otter Member

looks like I may have to find the time to play.. LOL or forget that I joined.

12. Kirsten

Besides again I am not speaking directly to you and at this point do not care what you think , think what you want it is a free forum

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  13. ben

ben Active Member

that was my moms faverit ...

Kirsten likes this.
  14. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

Not really into the change, as it seems like a cash grab. The reviving i am fine with. Few suggestions I would make though:

1. Make revives cost in-game cash, based on your income, that way it is fairer to all
    2. If it isn't already, make the points you get for attacking/killing static, regardless of level
    3. Remove the ability to save a target, that way no one can be targeted. Instead, maybe keep a temporary list of the last couple people that attacked you, so you can at least mete out some retribution! Alternatively, when a player dies, have their name removed from all the lists they are saved on.
    4. Put a cap on point gains for the first two days. This could be really high, but something to prevent roaring variances (Just a thought, not the best of the suggestions)

If you want to improve the game, great, you do not need an additional feature in the game that costs real-world money. Make the game more engaging and interesting, or social and interactive, just don't put in a feature that makes a player feel pressured into spending money in the heat of the moment. The stamina refills are bad enough.

Now I realize this is for VC, but i assume it is coming to ZS too. I am not in a position to want this change, as my faction has won every single BA since it was released on Kong, however I feel bad about all the other players who try so hard and fail at doing anything against us. If you could legitimately make the event fairer to all, where a low or mid-level player could actually get a decent ranking, I am fine with the change. I think I have won enough times...

15. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

This exactly why I do not want the revive. Its an absolute thrill when we kill one of them and I have killed my share.....now it means nothing because he/she respawns in an hour. Now we have even less of chance to do well because instead of them having the top 15+ spots they are going to have to the top 20+. They are going to have a turkey shoot with the rest of the server.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    George Burd likes this.
  16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i could live with or without the revive feature but everything else sounds great, cant wait to play!

Kirsten likes this.
  17. Ragnar The Raw

Ragnar The Raw New Member

The ability to revive yourself may be nice if you are killed before you make it online however it should definitely be more limited. Maybe 1 time within the first 24 hours of the arena and that's it. But not automatic. Also, I think there should be some points awarded towards your rank at the end based on survival.

George Burd likes this.
  18. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Hey I'm just offering my opinions on what they have in the works. But to answer both of you, the changes are much better than what the status quo was so I have no regrets. Especially the point system, which I think is a big improvement. At least it will force people off of the sidelines. :)

19. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I like it fine Ben. Much better than it was before. No more turtles hiding in their shells for most of the Arena and then emerging to claim rewards they didn't earn. I was just offering opinions on the other changes but you know the more I think of it maybe the revival idea won't be so bad because of the hefty cost to your placement if you use it. So all in all much better than it was before IMO. :cool:

Kirsten likes this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Reviving Ben, will make you a target again and again, top players will have the health=opponents die over and over (I'm guessing new locations soon because of this, basically a buy stamina/level for-ever feature). Have fun with that.. for 48 hrs then go for last 24 hrs. for those that actually still alive. I hope every high defense player heals over and over so can screw it all up for you. (Click Viking attack, next Click Viking attack, next where was I at on list, oh yeah click a defense stance viking, crap same defensive viking)

Sure time zones didn't agree to everyone but heal for 2 day's is absurd in my eyes.

What's your word? "Fodder" Let's get real people, reviving is a cash grab, 3 day's for a event like arena is BS. Yup I said it. :p

Kel the Merciful King likes this.