[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Mitch, will defense stance timer reset upon each death?

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

No, it shouldn't.

3. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

So, how would that basically work?
    A. Say you were killed in defense mode=time left over?
    B. Your killed instantly after def mode time runs out, and want to pay fp's to join back in=Defense Recharge Time2400 (40 mins) seconds have to wait for def stance again? What would be point in that, if got spotted immediately upon rehealing?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    amanda likes this.
  4. Kris Lee DUke

Kris Lee DUke Member

I will reserve judgment until the arena happens and I get a "tactile" feel for it. I'm a little confused on how it will play out, but am sure will figure it out quickly once things get rolling.

PS. If it is worse than before, I will pull out my FA-5000 as pictured in my profile pic and shoot you with it. (Clarification, It is a "non standard issue" gun we had sent to us while overseas that we deemed the "FA-5000". (FA = Foam Ammunition. It is a Nerf gun).

Jaegermeister likes this.
  5. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i'm not sure that i like all of these changes, either. i guess i'm not set up to do very well in the arenas because it's hard for me to get kills. but i want to give it a shot first and see what it's like firsthand before spouting off about something that may actually work out okay. i'm not one of the "hit and hiders", and i do as many attacks as i can before i get taken out or run out of stamina, whichever comes first. hopefully, attack numbers will be taken into consideration along with kill numbers.

6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i dont like this idea with the revive why leave the arena page open like let say if i am in the bed asleep an i get hacked on my account what am i suppose to do then huh??? an u know for a fact that could occur!! Take that off please...an we already payin favor points for the wars why would u wanna charge more for us in the battle arena that is crazy u know!

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you are killed in Defensive Mode with time left, then it will run out while you are dead and begin recharging.

The Defensive stance timer will still work while you are dead, so if you wait for that to be up you can re-enable it once you join back in. If you want to instantly re-join without waiting for Defensive stance to come back, then you run the risk of being killed.

This is how it currently stands, we are open to any changes once feedback comes in. :)

8. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

un money grab change -i love the arena as is and all this is going to do make me spend more money-way to ruin on of the few things i still love about this game:(

George Burd likes this.
  9. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I sugest to you instead of keeping the window with Arena open to put a button just like for activating defense mode for reveiving with a countdown (1hour) near the option instant healing usings Fps, will be much better and elegant then keeping window open in Arena

Kirsten and Birkebeiner like this.
  10. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I do not want to be automatically revived, and I am at a loss how to avoid that, do I have to "not" click on the words "Battle Arena" ,next to Guild wars for how ever long the arena is expected to go on, to see if it is over or how many are left,etc, so I don't revive,I am not clear on this.

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I've convinced the developers to investigate a toggle for revives, we'll likely have that in for the Battle Arena.

JADES, Kirsten and Guardian Angel like this.
  12. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

You are the "bestest" :D

13. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Good move Mitch, I could already hear all the bitchin that would of taken place LOL:eek:

Justin the killer and Kirsten like this.
  14. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

I agree with Black Ice, if you are going to ruin the best part of this game at least give us a way to honourably retire and not become inactive punching bags

15. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Actually if submit a ticket and want to retire "without being a punching bag" it has happened. I wouldn't go back asking for account back any time soon though.. :p Merry early XMAS present.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. ben

ben Active Member

1st thing i want to say is wow ... what happen to battle arena its not any more ... maybe kano can change the name to the living dead ... now the reward tier is way to low a lot of people going to have to really spend fp to play it ... or is this another way for kano to fill there pockets ... what happen to once your dead your dead ... sorry but the way kano is changing it to is not ba any more ... i see more players not joining it my self ...

Justin the killer likes this.
  17. ben

ben Active Member

see i all ways say be careful in what you wish for ... how you like it now ...

JADES likes this.
  18. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Agreed Ben, they asked for it, wish granted.

19. I have read as many messages as I can and overall, I think that I will like this new B.A. As most of my friends in the game know, I don't personally like battling one on one in the game. The arena is the one place where I can remain anonymous and attack everyone that I see fit. The arena doesn't directly reflect my game persona. I love the fact that I can attack more people now, or at least have the opportunity to do so. Consider me signed up for the next one and hopefully I won't be found by some 10,000+ level monster that is looking to make me into a shish kabob. :)

Zoonie and Kirsten like this.
  20. Ragnar The Raw

Ragnar The Raw New Member

Maybe you could throw in random stamina boost drops when attacking in the arena like the energy drops when attacking the raid boss? You can never have too much stamina in the arena....

Nic21 and Toker like this.