[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey Vikings,

We’ll be rolling out the next set of Battle Arena updates next week. This will be a broader update than the last one, so we figured we give you an earlier heads-up to help make sure no one gets caught off-guard and we have time to answer more questions before it goes out.

These changes are being made a result of feedback from players who wanted a more active Arena experience and with lots of good tough fighting for the top spots!

Actual combat will be identical, with Attacking and Defense mode all working as before. However the way ranking is determined has been overhauled, and all participants will be able to many more actions over the course of the event to try and get a better rank.

As with all updates, please try to withhold judgement until you get a chance try them out. This helps us gather usable feedback :)

Battle Arena Changes Phase Two

Scoring

The Battle Arena ranking is now determined by Score, rather than by last Viking standing. Every attack and kill you make will award you points towards your Score. How much you score for an action determined by several factors, and designed with the goal of a balanced experience. Taking damage and being killed will not increase your score, so get out there and dish out some hits!

As of this update, Death is no longer the end, but it still hurts! When a Viking is killed during the first two days of the Arena, they lose one third of their score.

Reviving

Down, but not necessarily out! Any time in you are killed in the first two days of the Arena, you can revive yourself and claw your way back in the fray! Killed players Revive automatically after one hour if the Arena page is open (otherwise you need to come back to the Arena page to revive), but can choose to use FP to come back immediately. FP costs to Revive increase with every death.

When the Arena event enters its third and final day, it goes into Sudden Death and Revivals can no longer occur. Players killed during Sudden Death are knocked out for the remainder of the event, but do not lose any of their score, unlike when they are killed before Sudden Death begins.

Lowering Level Barrier for Entry

And finally: we will be lowering the level barrier for entry so more Vikings will be able to participate. Vikings level 250 and over will now be able to join the Battle Arena. :)

PYBOY11 and Wigmara like this.
  2. amanda

amanda Member

I think I might like it. I am glad that even if I have to work I can still fight an not be dead when I get home lol.but I do think some of the small guys it going to be hard to get a good rank.

3. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

This is Garbage. Auto revival is a terrible idea.. So you could go to sleep and find yourself dead multiple times. Sudden death made it fun. You just screwed up the best part of the game. We already have a 4 day event every other week. Why not have something different.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Unless you left your browser open on the Battle Arena page, then you will not auto-revive. Just to clear that up. :)

5. Karess

Karess Member

So you only auto-revive if you are in the game - anywhere in the game or just on the arena page? I think a player should have the option of when and if to revive, especially in consideration of :

"When a Viking is killed during the first two days of the Arena, they lose one third of their score"

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

You only auto-revive if the Arena page is open, not anywhere else in the game.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I dont like the auto-revive idea either. Now I usually play arena for 2 hours and that its more than enough for me, and I cant be there and watch my back for 48hrs. It would be better to have an option for Enable/Disable auto revive, as it will be hard to resist to not check the arena for 2 days. It just feels so time-demanding that I better not even sign up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  8. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Please do not make these changes. The arena is fine just the way it is. If you change it to this way it loses its intensity, the thrill. More short arenas than one big blob of an arena.

9. ZSlayer

ZSlayer Active Member

Will wait and see how it goes, but it sounds like it is going to be great for high level people and not for the rest of us :(

10. Alcibiades

Alcibiades New Member

I like Battle Area, it is (was)however slated heavily toward the top 10-15 players. This is a good mix of gain, risk, and potential loss. What will happen is the top players will root out and identify the middle range players and repeatedly target them once they revive. The same will happen for the middle tiered players who will find and identify the softer lower-middle to lower level players to attack. And the little guys who are brave enough to join will get constantly chewed up not only getting attacked from larger players but having to contend with players from their own range.

11. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I tried to hold back as you asked mi7ch..but i cant..sorry...One of my fav things about the Battle Arena was the sudden death..the rest of the changes so far i could care less about...uughhh ...why allow the revive ? ....now the BA is nothing special....it turned into the Guild Wars with their regen of heath...**(which is bull...pooh too)**...sudden death in both games makes for fair play !

12. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Your greed to have us spend more favor points on refills and wrecking the best part of this game is going to cost you customers and there has only been 322 customers on my server that care enough about the game to bother to attacking the World boss.

Elias likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Wow , no one forces anyone to do anything,take responsibility for your own actions.

amanda and Kehvyn like this.
  14. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

its no more "Many will enter, one will emerge! "its "Money will enter, one will emerge!" If you revive fiighter the all spirit of the Arena is gone and you will ruin the best feature in game! I totaly disagree!

15. denishar

denishar New Member

Of course i will give it a try, but as it seems now is: more stamina refills gives more points. Also the defensive stance will not be important anymore. If you really need to add this new point system why you don't use the "tokens system" like it is in Guild Wars?

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  16. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

This does sound good in some ways, but seems like the Raid Boss in some ways. Because there will be many people leveling up very fast and they are not ready for that level. I do see all of the low level players getting killed all of the time. If you show their in game name. I think you should remove the save people to battle. That will make it even hard and fun for those low level people.

17. Guardian Angel

The spirit of a real Arena is to have a chalange like gladiators to fight to death without resurecting, just the strongest to remain alive this why was a real plaisure and chalange to play BA , but if you can revive all the time will be no chalange to me , will be verry boring, why bother to get rewards and kill the others gladiators if they will be alive again. Maybe Im wrong but this is my first impresion about this ! Thank you for understanding!

18. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Dont make those changes KANO! you are killing it! ... listen to me! US!

19. Guardian Angel

First set of changes was good but this one is totaly wrong in my opinion

Elle F, evejoesdmf and kevinmalo like this.
  20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Folks, I understand that it is natural to be apprehensive about changes but we believe that the formula for the Battle Arena is due for a refresh for a variety of reasons. As with all of our changes we will be monitoring (and participating!) during the event and making the necessary tweaks afterwards. I wanted to give you a head's up before the event so if you have not signed up yet and do not like the changes you would have the opportunity to sit this BA out. :)

amanda likes this.