[LCN] Raid Boss [BETA] Walkthrough and Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. I like your sarcastic reply to this madness. However, if the sarcasm wasn't intended on your part at all, I feel it needs a bit of a clarification.

1.) Encouraging team work: How nice that sounds. Team work. Mhhhhm. Shame it isn't the reality with the current Raid Boss. First, you cannot use your already established team because of the tier limits and on FB most syndicates doesn't have anyone in the two lower tiers. And vice versa for syndicates with lower-tier players. You'd be lucky to even find one in the middle tier. Hands off our Justin everyone. Secondly, should you be so lucky that you can find a team with players from all ranges that you trust, it would still mean you need them to spend on refills. Because, and this can't be reiterated enough, it's IMPOSSIBLE to finish this boss without someone willing to spend on refills. Not even if everyone in the team spend all of their stam, energy and boosts every day on one boss while it's open. Not one or two refills, but more in the range of 3-400 GF from the team in total. On ONE boss. Is that even fair on the non-spenders where their only chance to even be in a finished boss is to stumble upon an open boss with said spenders in/know a top spender who are willing to let them freeload on them?

2.) Increase your energy. For what? One raid boss every other month? Increasing energy to the point that you don't have to spend on refills on Raid Bosses means you will significantly hamper your strength in the day-to-day basis of the game, unless you are willing to spend loads to make up for it. It's an evil circle where you have to choose between a good raid healer or a figher. Should be an easy decision for the daily players of LCN. Adding skill points to energy slightly help for top-level players because of the now good job drops, but this doesn't apply for Raid Bosses as it stands.

3.) I'm not sure if you guys heard me the first, second, third, fourth and even the fifth time, so I'll cry about it again. I'ts impossible to finish even one boss without someone or the team in total spend heaps on refills. See? Impossible. 不可能的, 令人无法忍受的, 不容易的 . αδύνατος. Niet te dragen. مستحيل, متعذر, بغيض, لا يطاق, لا إحتمال. Irrealizable. невозможный. Impraticável. Imkânsız. Unerreichbar. בלתי אפשרי; לא יתכן; בלתי נסבל. Umulig. Get it? Impossible. So for the first time in the history of LCN Kano has decided to launch a feature where it requires you to spend to even complete it. That you get a better reward for doing extra work is fine, but to even complete it? A disgrace.

4.) Can I be Top Poster of the Month now? Or do I have to spam the forum to achieve that accolade?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    robbin gordon and AXXO like this.
  2. Curves

Curves Member

definitely will not make them public again & only share with trusted players; we had two people on that boss working together to kill the raid so once the damage is done multiple times by multiple players & the max damage & xp has decreased so much secondary to their deliberate actions, i still believe we should have the ability to kick them out

Aapje and Kirsten like this.
  3. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

4. Again with the spamming.

5. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

I rated this new feature with 3 stars hoping you will do some improvements:
    energy in LCN is verry low so either you change the healing from 25 energy to 5 energy or make it complet heal for 25 energy, or just do like in Zombie make a complet refil to energy when we level up in the limit of 4000 energy not only 500 energy like now
    2. make this raid boss half strong to be accesible to more players (will still need refils to defeated but not that manny)
    Every game have some diffrence and you need to take this in to consideration!
    Will be a great feature if you do that changes, is not that complicated

Tony_G likes this.
  6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I usually stopped attacking this boss when I run out of energy, I will never refill my energy and never will make more than 2000 energy in this game as I don't need more.
    The energy part its good for the zombie high energy accounts.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

As mentioned before the xp needed to level on Lcn is different to PC and VC so basically most accounts are set up with lots of stamina, as Gazember said we have never had use for energy...Which kinda makes it difficult to attack and heal the bosses.

robbin gordon and Guardian Angel like this.
  8. Vic

Vic Active Member

i think you left a few languages out. what about italian?

9. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

best thing is not to make it public. hand pick the best possible team then even without lower tier we can win the boss. and I usually regenerate the link once every member joined so neither they can share and it's secure.

Kirsten and Curves like this.
  10. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

for rewards i think top 10 performers should get a super item then the next 10 gets common and the last 10 only cash and xp, heal should be cheaper or easier way to gain energy. And longer time to beat these boss's so we dont feel so frustrated on the time frame

11. lcnchris

lcnchris New Member

Kano got exactly what they were looking for out of the Raid Boss. Your money. All it was ever designed for. The days of them caring about their players are over. The game has grown and now they don't need anything but your money. Welcome to the new LCN all where cash rules and you don't matter.

12. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

spending 150 energy to replenish the health used to knock a boss down 6 20 stam attacks..... do the math, kano. NO ONE, aside from maybe 2 people, have enough energy and stam combined to even begin to make a miniscule dent on any raid boss, it is a waste. i had to wait a year, yes, a year, to be able to use any drops from jobs as most of the #'s on those are useless to a dedicated player. i finally made it to be able to get those thermal bombs, and doing my own calculations, i find that i will get WAY more use from those drops then spending a small fortune to get a 'chance' at ONE superior drop, but more then likely to get either nothing, or that useless common drop.

13. Easy To Remember

Easy To Remember Well-Known Member

I also believe this is why there was so much frustration between the LCN and VC players during the initial release of the Raid Boss to LCN here on the Forums! EVERY Kano App/Game is VERY different, yet there are some who like to comment on game specific aspects of Games they have never even played, and do it outside of the Forum dedicated to the Game they play! I have never played VC or PC, so why would I EVER Post ANYTHING to the dedicated Forums/Threads made for those Games? There are "General Discussion" Threads where it MAY be appropriate to Post something outside of your Game if it is of use/helpful, but other than that, I will NEVER understand why the players of VC and PC are continually Posting useless comments in the LCN Forum/Threads - you won't find ANY Posts from me in the VC or PC Forum/Threads because I don't play those Games and therefore would not have ANY insight to Post something that would be of ANY use or help! I sure hope (and assume) that the Kano Developers keep the same thing in mind when developing these features for three very different platforms!

robbin gordon and Guardian Angel like this.
  14. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

I thought about the recent raid boss event a lot and wanted to share some more feedback:

The exp u get should be better. I get 5000 exp when I do a 20 stam attack. Make it 10 000 exp for 20 stam in the next raid boss event and I won't hesitate to buy 2400+ FP's just for raid's. If u don't up the exp - I won't buy FP's. So simple.

I'm sure this would also "satisfy" girls like robbin so she get more lvls and Kirsten can comment on it a lot.

And: For gods sake, we have such a boost of new players on Kong, make it easier for them to get 1k mobs (not the hired ones) or else they will stop playing and everything goes back to normal. I don't know if u realize that this is the most important thing right now.

15. Kirsten

Many people play more than one game and since the Raid boss was first featured in the VC game, it is only natural for players who do play more than one game to share what they learned or had problems with. And anyone is allowed to comment in the forum on anything they wish to.

16. Guardian Angel

I will dream you at nights Kirsten, you re all over the places ha, ha :)) :p

Kirsten likes this.
  17. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

honestly, wendelinR, these raids bosses would have to be revamped pretty spectacularly for me to even venture into one ever again. i just see no redeeming qualities to them at all. as previously stated, for lcn fb players, it's just another insult upon injury for those of us who have loyally been spending, and are now being asked to dump even more into the game, for very little reward we cannot elsewhere compensate ( ie: job drops from antarctica, 2 calendars per month, workshop, BA, SW's, WM, Gamers, etc. ).

WendelinR likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We do plan on adjusting the Raid Boss based on feedback we got from this thread, but they will still largely be the same in terms of mechanics in the sense that you will still need a large group working together to take it down. We will be making it easier in some aspects the next time around and adjusting other things based on what we gleaned from this run.

We would love it if everybody was able to get in on the Raid Boss event but if this run has made it so you don't want to participate in future events despite any changes we might make to the formula, I understand.

AXXO and Guardian Angel like this.
  19. Kirsten

Hope they are not nightmares, but I do play 4 games,use to be 5 and have spent alot of time and money like most have and like to be informed :)

Guardian Angel likes this.
  20. Guardian Angel

No probs, you will be the top poster of the month , no worries , I was just joking, I hope to not be nightmares

Kirsten likes this.