[LCN] Raid Boss [BETA] Walkthrough and Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ExtremeRules

ExtremeRules Member

Absolutely agree with you, i stated to my fellow syndicate members that the raid boss will be my last 1 until major changes are made to it, there is not enough reward from 1 of them to justify the amount spent, i just spent that much just to say i have done 1, plus i had somebody in mine that killed the group and thought i wont allow that to happen again so finished it while they were offline

Kirsten likes this.
  2. gods people

gods people Active Member

I never even opened mine. played the first 1 on VK, That was enough for me.

AXXO likes this.
  3. ExtremeRules

ExtremeRules Member

It would make me laugh if the reward for the key hand me backs are more then you get from the boss :)

4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That has to be the most annoying thing about it ,when someone kills the raid health, it is just uninformed ignorance ,even if you explained it to them, they just don't get how it works, it was tweaked since the first one , but IMO they need to be removed ,cause they can do it twice before they are barred from attacking anymore and that is twice too many times.

ben, Aapje and ExtremeRules like this.
  5. ben

ben Active Member

i think it should be set up when it get down to a very low health no one can kill it only the one who open it can ... there should be no 1 or 2 times ...

Demonik1 and Aapje like this.
  6. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Couldn't have said it better doll ...

7. gods people

I think the raid boss could be a good feature of these games. But Kano have really got to pull there finger out to make it work for everyone. As it is it is not worth spending on this feature as the rewards are not worth it. This is the first time as a Kano game player i have not used a feature that as been put out. :(:(:(:(:(:(

robbin gordon likes this.
  8. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you focus only on the rewards, its clear that its not worth it and this boss its not about the rewards. The Xp reward its like 30-80% of your lvl, now with the calendar weekend its like opening 3-4 doors, and while with the calendars we get trillions, the cash reward its only enough to heal yourself 2-3 times in the game.
    They are only good to make XP and lvls, if you used to lvlup by killing small bosses wich give useless drops anyway, then the XP is the best XP you can get by killing bosses. If you have stamina to burn and you want lvls or Xp help someone on his boss, you dont even have to finish them, otherwise they are not for you.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That first sentence says it all, Gaze ;)

10. gods people

I don't agree. This boss is directed only at the top end of the players who play and spend alot of money in game. because the lower and middle levels will not be able to kill there own boss. So that says to me that the top end players can pay and play.

Aapje, Guardian Angel and ben like this.
  11. ben

ben Active Member

better than a level partner some might say ... so keep in mind it really wont make you much stronger in game play ...

Kirsten likes this.
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

compared to a lvl partner: you can make lvls 15-20 times faster considering that you need to attack and heal back, but you only get half the XP for the same stamina

13. ben

ben Active Member

i think i would buy limited good from kano ... and come out cheaper my self ...

14. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

In theory, the Raid Bosses are a great idea.
    With 50 levels between jobs, it'[s something it's use your excess energy on.
    But... it does need some tweaks.
    1. There is an ability to sabotage a raid boss. Sadly it's happening to a friend. Someone keeps using all the health and the boss is reset.
    I would rather see someone removed from a raid boss if they use all the health and maybe SOME Boss health added.
    2. The health is a little too much. 597b, even with all 30 people tapping and healing is out of most player's reach. We don't all have the money to buy 500 Favour points to spend regenerating health and stamina.
    May I suggest either increasing the amount of damage that is done in proportion to the number of people on the boss? Similar to Syndicate wars, a combination of Stats make the attack better? Or a boost like regular bosses, perhaps based on Raid Boss health level? Say 1/3 of his health gone = extra 1000 attack. 2/3 of the health gone = extra 2000 attack
    3. Let's talk XP. It's not bad.. but it could be better.
    I think, based on conversations with very high, high, mid, lower mid and low level players that this feature is aimed at the mid level players. Say level 2500 - 4000.
    Why do I say this? For a very high level, the XP is much less than would be gained from a normal boss, job or fight.
    For the mid levels, it's it's about the same.
    BUT... For the same 1000 stamina, I can gain more usable weapons and a higher increase in overall fight strength. And I know I have more than the average stamina.
    It's not all bad. The combining with a Calendar is a good idea. More levels = more energy + stamina.
    But I think you need to look at what is achievable for the AVERAGE player, not the super players.
    Yes, you want people to spend a little. I get that, you have staff to pay. But what would you rather have.. 20 people spending $100 or 5000 people spending $7?
    Seriously, make it achievable and people will be willing to buy the 50 FP.
    Make it too hard and people will just not bother.

My CA$0.0202467 worth.

Aapje, VK QHill and Guardian Angel like this.
  15. Peter Weegink

Peter Weegink New Member

Kano have really got this Raid Boss SOOOOOO wrong, I cannot believe that you would want everyone to spend so much to kill a Raid Boss. I killed one for a syndicate member and it took me 3 hours. How does this serve anyone, Suggestion to you Kano remove this Stupid feature from our game or modify it so people can participate, Level 0 - 1300, where does one find them who can actually do anything on a raid boss, only 10 members about 2600, that is even more ridiculous, I can understand you want people to spend real money but this is over the top... I played in one and will never play another o_O

16. coolestcool

coolestcool Member

There is a way out of this but it seems most have not been able to figure it out. This is because everybody wants to start her own boss and get it killed but the setup makes it impossible. The solution is simple. For example, in a syndicate made up of 20 top tier players, instead of all 20 members summoning 20 bosses, they may summon just 2 then all members of the syndicate can join these 2 bosses only. Together they will be able to defeat these 2 bosses easily without spending much unlike the present situation where over 5000 players want to defeat an equivalent of over 1000 world bosses in 3 days then get rewarded with 1000 gf like items each.

To me I'll call this raid boss a syndicate boss where a syndicate is given bosses to summon within 4 days then kill as many as possible but KANO does not want to give syndicates filled with high level players a huge advantage hence the use of level tiers. The tier distribution isn't right.

17. ben

ben Active Member

come on thats there way in making big money you cant blame them for that one ...

18. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

The time limit to kill these bosses is far too short. I also think that there should be some fight drops as well to make it worth it, that or have it where you can get multiple common drops depending on your activity once the boss is killed. In Castle Age, I believe there were 4 different tiers of loot once the raid boss was killed. Everyone got a few of the lower drops (which were useful), a few of the third tier drops, a chance at 1-2 second tier drops, and a chance for one rare drop

19. blairwitchseal

blairwitchseal New Member

First impressions count. This came across as a major money spinner for Kano. I put in massive amounts of Stamina and Energy to defeat this boss. What do I get in return?? Paltry piece of gear, measly XP and chump change. This will never happen again. I hope the Raid bosses idea dies on it's arse.

20. fastguy

fastguy New Member

EPIC FAILURE